GDT: HF Boards: 12/9/18

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
You realize the Flames are only 6 points ahead of the Oilers, and they have played 1 more game....?

Let's make excuses though. The Oilers had the hardest schedule of any team to start the year, and are 7-2-1 with Hitch behind the bench
Hitchcock was a good choice as coach for u. Oilers need some structure. Was a boring ass game tho lol hope the next ones better.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Jesus, if deploying an extra attacker well before the goalie is even halfway to the bench resulting in a too many men on the ice penalty when down a goal isn't shooting yourself in the foot, I don't know what is.

Reactions: hangman005
Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
You realize the Flames are only 6 points ahead of the Oilers, and they have played 1 more game....?

Let's make excuses though. The Oilers had the hardest schedule of any team to start the year, and are 7-2-1 with Hitch behind the bench

That schedule theory has been proven wrong over and over.. not to mention Edmonton has the most games playing a team on a second game of a back to back in the nhl.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
lol Can I just say for a BoA this GDT was surprisingly civil? Still the occasional bait post and I'm assuming their was some trolling from some guys on my ignore list (from both fanbases) but this was really calm

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
lol Can I just say for a BoA this GDT was surprisingly civil? Still the occasional bait post and I'm assuming their was some trolling from some guys on my ignore list (from both fanbases) but this was really calm
So was the game.

UnrefinedCrude

Jun 7, 2011
Hitchcock was a good choice as coach for u. Oilers need some structure. Was a boring ass game tho lol hope the next ones better.
Honestly...I'll take some boring wins over the exciting losses we're used to. I think we'll see more offense from the Oilers as the structure becomes more ingrained and automatic.

One thing about these low scoring tight games, the endings are intense. My heart was pounding as Calgary was pressing.

Reactions: Coffey

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Honestly...I'll take some boring wins over the exciting losses we're used to. I think we'll see more offense from the Oilers as the structure becomes more ingrained and automatic.

One thing about these low scoring tight games, the endings are intense. My heart was pounding as Calgary was pressing.
Yea until u get some offensive help its probably the best course of action. Lucic looks better in the system too.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
That schedule theory has been proven wrong over and over.. not to mention Edmonton has the most games playing a team on a second game of a back to back in the nhl.

edm is top 5 when it comes to miles traveled this year. That is taxing as well.

UnrefinedCrude

Jun 7, 2011
The oil had the worst START to the schedule. But it transitions into the easiest after that first home stand. Long road trip at the beginning and the biggest concentration of top teams. But after that first stretch it is a different story.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I'm not sure why Flames fans are listing so many players that were out of the lineup. The only 2 key guys that were missing were Gio & Backlund...

Naming Stone, Valimaki, and Frolik is pretty dumb.

We were missing Rieder, Sekera and Caggiula. Big whoop.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
I'm not sure why Flames fans are listing so many players that were out of the lineup. The only 2 key guys that were missing were Gio & Backlund...

Naming Stone, Valimaki, and Frolik is pretty dumb.

We were missing Rieder, Sekera and Caggiula. Big whoop.

Missing literally half their NHL dmen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad