HF Blackhawks Top 10 Prospects

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Behn Wilson, Jun 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Behn Wilson

Behn Wilson Registered User

C.P.A.
    Home Page:
    I dont know who is responsible for the HF Rankings of the Top 10 Hawk prospects but they are a complete joke. #1,2&3 according to this page are are Leighton, Radulov, and Anderson. Give me a break. None of the 3 are even in the top 5.
    Maybe someone who pays attention should re-rank these.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect.php?pid=1301

2. Kevin Forbes

Kevin Forbes Registered User

Home Page:
    Chicago is a team that is defined as an Area of Need for Hockey's Future coverage. Since you seem to be passionate about the Blackhawks, I encourage you to visit this link and see if you think you have something to offer. We are always looking for new people to help out.

3. If you look at the botton of the blackhawks pages, you see players ratings out of 10. Yakoubov has an 8, while the three you mentioned have lower ratings. The Rankings haven't been updated. Maybe they are waiting for the draft to pass :teach:

4. Behn Wilson

C.P.A.
    Home Page:
    Thanks for the offer but I dont have the time to do this. Im a accountant and from January thru April I have minimal free time.

For Chicago's prospects I would rank them myself as follows. Im not as high on our goalie prospects as a lot of Hawk fans are.

1.Babchuk
    2.Yakubov
    3.Seabrook
    4.Vorobiev
    5.Radulov
    6.Barinka
    7.Leighton
    8.Kozevnikov
    9.M.Keith
    10.Viukhola

Matt Ellison and Duncan Keith and James Wisniewski were hard to omit and woluld be next on the list. Viukhola had such a solid year I could not omit him from the top 10.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2004
  5. Behn Wilson

C.P.A.
    Home Page:
    The Hawk prospect rankings have always been strange. The person who set them used to rank them based on more NHL ready it seemed than long term potential.

6. nomorekids

nomorekids The original, baby

Home Page:
    welcome to our hell.

nashville, a team that by all regards should be ranked in the top five in terms of prospects is number 14. and why? because we lack a writer that cares. most of the player ratings are a joke, as well. HF is great for info on prospects, and it provides us a great messageboard...but i wouldn't put much stock in terms of things like that.

7. Slowe

Slowe Registered User

Home Page:
    Yeah those rankings always were a little off. Someone will have to change them after the draft anyway. Lets see who gets stuck with it.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2004
  8. Prucha73

Prucha73 Guest

That is pretty funny, I applied for that like 2 weeks ago for a Rangers page and have not heard any answer from them.

9. Ruckus007

Ruckus007 Said too much

I'd give Ken a little bit of slack if I were in your position, after all he is the new Big Cheese at HF and probably doesn't have the time needed to write and run things. Of course I was in the same position as you since Ken is also the Sabres writer and we weren't getting articles or prospect updates either. In fact three of our current Top 20 have either graduated (Roy, Peters) or expended their HF prospect eligibility (Milley). We just added a new write who is cranking out more stories in the past few weeks than we had all 2003-04 season. I'm sure Ken has no problem adding another writer to the Nashville staff if one is willing to do the work.

10. nomorekids

nomorekids The original, baby

Home Page:
    oh, i completely understand...but it seems to defeat the purpose of a site like this...if it's misleading\inaccurate. it's not so much that it offends me as a fan...because i know better. i KNOW what the expected ceilings are for some of these players, and where the team stacks up against other teams...but to the casual reader who is looking for information, it becomes a problem.

11. I_r_1337

I_r_1337 Registered User

OVECHKIN
    Home Page:
    I love Seth from the Caps page and I enjoy everything he does. However I would like to see someone else writting too cause we don't get many articles..yet we have one of if not the best prospect pools. Not blaming him or anything cause I know it's not a paynig job.

12. Kevin Forbes

Kevin Forbes Registered User

Home Page:
    with the draft coming up and HF trying to get good draft coverage up and done, both Holly and Ken are very busy. Please be patient

13. Teemu

Teemu Trick question?

Heh, you know, its funny, I did have the top 10 prospects for HF, but they wouldn't post it on the site

This was my list for the top 10. Some think I have Wiz too high, but I like the kid

1. Anton Babchuk, D
    2. James Wisniewski. D
    3. Mikhail Yakubov, C
    4. Brent Seabrook, D
    5. Igor Radulov, W
    6. Corey Crawford, G
    7. Pavel Vorobiev, LW
    8. Adam Berkhoel, G
    9. Michal Barinka, D
    10. Mike Brodeur, G

(by HF standars, Leighton, Anderson, Viuhkola and a few others arent eligible)

14. Golbez

Golbez Registered User

Accountant
    Home Page:
    Probably because Petr Prucha already has a worship page on the internet
    :joker:

Go Prucha!

15. ploppsdman

ploppsdman Registered User

Mr

Anton Babchuk is hands down the Blackhawks number one prospect. He has three outstanding traits; size, grit, and a huge shot. Babchuk is the only professional level prospect that impessed me this season, excluding Tuomo Ruutu. The rest were a disappointment.

Alexander Kozhevnikov's season was a mess. You can't justify a top 10 ranking on the basis of what he did in training camp.

James Wisniewski's season was tremendous, but I'm unsure if you can rank him so high considering his success came in juniors. It's always easy to think well of prospects when they haven't had the opportunity to fail in the professional level.

Overall, the supposed top prospects of last season, excluding Ruutu, (Yakoubov, Radulov, Vorbiev) had poor years and the average prospects (Ellison, Keith) performed to their level.

16. Behn Wilson

C.P.A.
    Home Page:

I think Yakubov stepped it up a notch last year., From all reports his work ethic improved and he learned the defensive end of the game. He looked solid in Chicago but Sutter saddled him on the fourth line with stiffs. I think his upside is huge and is he is our second best behind Babchuk and not that far behind him for the top slot.

I am in complete agreement witht he rest of your analysis.

17. Slats432

Slats432 Registered User

Home Page:
    Patience not required.

Until recently there has been no one working on the Hawks page, and Michael did a yeomans job getting some content up there. Kudos to you bud.

Secondly, the prospect rankings always come out with an article to explain how the rankings have changed and why they have changed. This will occur. It could have already, but there is a reason why, and that is number three.

The Hawks have five picks in the first two rounds that will obviously change how and where the top 20 prospects will be ranked. It was loosely stated in an unofficial HF Staff announcement that no top 20 rerankings should be done until after the draft. Seems to make a lot of sense with the draft five days away.

Feedback is always appreciated and if you have a complaint about rankings or page issues, please drop a note onto the HF Staff board, HF Feedback Board or you can email the online editor Holly Gunning.

We are looking to improve at all times and I hope this explained some of your concerns. Expect the Hawks to be reranked over the summer months, along with all of the other NHL teams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.