HF at the Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraftDodger

I spent last weekend at the draft in Carolina, and noticed on this site that they were posting live draft updates. This brings me to my question, How can you have live updates when HF WAS NOT at the draft? :dunno:

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
DraftDodger said:
I spent last weekend at the draft in Carolina, and noticed on this site that they were posting live draft updates. This brings me to my question, How can you have live updates when HF WAS NOT at the draft? :dunno:
Apparently you have been misinformed and HF was represented at the draft.

DraftDodger

I was there I looked at the media seating and HF was not listed anywhere.

Dr_Chimera*

Didn't see 'em. They either weren't or were very low-key.

DraftDodger

It means they didn't have media creddentials, so how could they post live? There were only two broadcasts going live. 1) the ESPN (and canadian) feed for the first round, and the radio show that was being broadcast both days.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
First, they were there.

I don't know if they had media credentials or not and I do not really give a **** but apparently some people do.

It is extremely easy to set up a small operation, BTW. Looks like some people on this thread think you still need a huge truck and a Fox sportsnet simpleton with an el cheapo haircut in front of a cameraman to pull this off.

The year is 2004.

One guy sitting in the stands, a laptop and a cell phone is all you need to be able to update this easily at a low cost.

It is too bad HF is still struggling to get accreditations for its writers and it played in my decision not to write for them anymore. Not HF's fault. Accreditations are a pain in the ass to obtain.

I think some organizations are doing an admirable job of providing information despite the lack of accreditations but not all of them do. Media credentials would greatly improve the experience of writers.

DraftDodger

If you think you know who I am, just ask I have nothing to hide. But I don't know any of you personally.

Soyuz

Dec 8, 2003
Visit site
There were at least a couple of HF affiliated folks in the media pit. There was Holly Gunning, and Evgeny Belashchenko. I think they just came with credentials from different media sources. It's unfortunate HF didn't get medea credentials this year. Oh well, maybe next year.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
For the record, my comments above seem to be not as accurate in 2004 as they were in 2002. I have been told that this year, they had little problems getting accreditations.

HF is definitly going in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->