All prospects and picks OTB:
Grigori Denisenko
Rasmus Kupari
Gabe Vilardi
Brayden Tracey
K'Andre Miller
Victor Soderstrom
Tobias Bjornfot

Mainly looking for help on defense (upgrades on Matheson/Oleksiak/Edler), but open to fwd help too

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
:bruinsBeen working to make a Puljujarvi deal forever now and finally got it done.

Puljujarvi, Kerfoot, 2020 2nd and 4th to

:wings for Alexander Radulov

Reactions: hockeynorth

Drop Your Gloves

Jun 8, 2018
full

Confirmed

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

KC Golden Barons

Aug 29, 2017
:edmonton

The following players are available for prospects or picks.

Jordan Eberle
Tyler Johnson
Ryan Strome
Josh Bailey
Drake Caggiula
Alex Chiasson
Tyler Seguin (for the right offer)

Ian Cole
Jonas Brodin
Justin Braun

Martin Jones (for the right offer)
Carter Hutton

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
:edmonton

The following players are available for prospects or picks.

Jordan Eberle
Tyler Johnson
Ryan Strome
Josh Bailey
Drake Caggiula
Alex Chiasson
Tyler Seguin (for the right offer)

Ian Cole
Jonas Brodin
Justin Braun

Martin Jones (for the right offer)
Carter Hutton

You just missed out on Puljujarvi! Sorry man! :)

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Since everyone’s doing it, so we can compare:

:canes
following available:

Backes
Frolik
Thornton
Nichushkin
Fabbri

De Haan
Brodie

Kinkaid

Wants:
Prospects/younger guys (to use as assets)
Impact guys

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
:bruins Trades Sheshtyorkin, Ryan Mcloed, Nolan Patrick, 2020 3rd, 2021 1st, 2021 2nd to Edmonton

:edmonton trade Carter Hutton, Tyler Seguin, 2021 and 2020 4th round picks to Boston

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Waiting for Edm to confirm but how does he rebuild his team? Vegas did this with their entire team last year (trading players for picks and prospects) and he approached me yesterday saying he was shopping his starting goalies.

He wanted and gets the Rangers future starting goalie.
He wanted and gets Ryan McLoed who is a lock to be in the top 9 if not the top 6 for Edmonton.
He wanted another top prospect and I can’t think of one on my team better than Nolan Patrick who is the future 2nd or first line Center for the Flyers and NHL 2nd overall pick.
He wanted a first round pick and I didn’t have one for this year so I offered a 3rd from this year and my first ANd second from next.
He wanted to dump his bottom picks which he will not use because it would mean involving dropping too many players for the draft as he is accumulating high picks.

Boston gets a goalie who will likely be Buffalos backup in 2 years and whose points probably won’t even count on Boston’s points total

Boston gets Seguin who is trending down, and they are giving up their best prospects, top picks and future starting goalie.

Boston gets 2 picks they may not even use.

So how is this a bad trade for a team all in and a team that is rebuilding and moving out assets?

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I’ve Pmd Edmonton and asked them to confirm and respond. If the guys still feel this is lopsided I will put it to a vote per the rules.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Seguin isn't trending down.

Patrick is oft-injured and a migraine issue like what he's having could doom his career. McLeod may not even make the NHL. Shesterkin is a good piece but still a year or two away from the NHL, and goalies are voodoo. He also only gets one 1st that's 2 years away.

KC Golden Barons

Aug 29, 2017
:edmontonconfirm.

Seguin has been available on this thread to everyone. As have several of my older players. I’m going young and doing a full rebuild. I heard from very few of you and those that I reached out to weren’t willing to give up quality prospects. After several back and forths, Boston offered Nolan (who was a 2nd pick overall and had a stellar junior career), McLoed who has terrific speed and has potential down the road with the Oilers and decent picks for Seguin. They also took my aging 33 yr old keeper for a guy who has ridiculously good numbers in the KHL. Yes, there is risk involved but that’s what makes these pools fun. I also wanted to make the trade sooner than later as I am looking to the future and want a high lottery pick in the coming draft. You may not agree with me but I heard from very few of you and those that I did have discussions with did not make proposals that would help me in the long run.

By the way, if anyone wants Martin Jones, he’s still available.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
That’s bad... Patrick has not and IMO will not live up to it. I see the viewpoint so it’s understandable but sucks he couldn’t get a first this year. Should’ve at least kept the fourths as they’re assets.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Seguin isn't trending down.

Patrick is oft-injured and a migraine issue like what he's having could doom his career. McLeod may not even make the NHL. Shesterkin is a good piece but still a year or two away from the NHL, and goalies are voodoo. He also only gets one 1st that's 2 years away.

Seguin is 27. That is peak point age so his points in 2-3 years will be trending down lower than his 77 pt average.

McLoed is 19 and a Dead sure lock to make the Oilers. He nearly made it last year and this year was our best young forward in camp. I know the Oiler prospects better than any other prospects.

Patrick is 20 years old and has had injury issues but has massive upside. His career isn’t in jeopardy from anything I have read.

Sheshterkin is the one of the top 3 goalie prospects in the world and the high potential to be the Rangers starter when they are hitting prime time.

I’m getting a 33 year old goalie on what has been a bad team forever who won’t even be in the league in 3 years and certainly not as a starter.

He gets a 1st, a 2nd and 3rd. Boston gets two 4ths who may not even use them.

Bottom line is if I didn’t think it was fair I would not make the trade.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I’m this case, anyone rebuilding that wants to dump some high end players send them my way seems my windows now and we’re faltering.

Also in regards to that trade, I was asked for my top 2 (veryyyyy high end) prospects and a first in this extremely deep draft, well done @5 Mins 4 Ftg thats how you make a win now deal, I applaud you for that one.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Personally I like it more for Edmonton than the Parayko one which I am just seeing now :popcorn:
Lol I don’t mind the Parayko deal, some love him some hate him and he’s getting Kupari who’ll be dirty behind Turcotte.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Anyway guys, there you have the justification for the trade from both teams.

Per the rules any trade can be vetoed if a majority of the teams vote against it.

10 teams need to vote against it (Boston, Vegas and Edmonton don’t get a vote) within 24 hours. I will Pm everyone and let them know to vote Yay or Nay in this thread.

Edit - glad to see any concerns listed and civil discussion. This is supposed to be fun! :thumbu::)

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Anyway guys, there you have the justification for the trade from both teams.

Per the rules any trade can be vetoed if a majority of the teams vote against it.

10 teams need to vote against it (Boston, Vegas and Edmonton don’t get a vote) within 24 hours. I will Pm everyone and let them know to vote Yay or Nay in this thread.
Ah man I’m riding the fence but i think if a gm wants to make a deal they probably thought it out and should be allowed to... even though I think Boston clearly wins I appreciate the justifications and as such vote for the deal to stand

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I’m on my phone now and will Pm everyone when I’m in front of the computer later today as it’s way easier to send mass PMs that way than by iPhone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->