Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I remember some players saying that boxing was great for cardio

... but then it was probably O'Byrne and Tinordi
Ya, it can be pretty good, but there are so many better ways of developing your cardio and conditioning as a hockey player, I wouldn't waste any time on that.

If the guy just put some gloves on to have some fun, then that's totally cool too.
I was commenting assuming it's to improve boxing skills, as I've heard it quite a few times from enforcers or scrappers, taking boxing lessons to improve their punches.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I was commenting assuming it's to improve boxing skills, as I've heard it quite a few times from enforcers or scrappers, taking boxing lessons to improve their punches.

Or MMA:
CDEBECAD-CDA0-4C34-A4E6-1E9128D1AFDE.gif

9C7783B0-5684-4E29-A115-09E1512FCB65.gif

Reactions: ArsHabs

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Yes as Laurentide said.. Max D. has taken a massive glup of the Party Line here in Hab land.....

Habs have what it takes to win maybe 25 games LOL!

the way laurentide said it also made me laugh, but it annoys me to know whatever Domi says, he's f***ed.

Got a guy coming in excited to play in a hockey market and seems fired up .... and somehow that's negative?

if he would have looked too casual about the coming season people would rip into him.

kid hasn't played a game yet and has no way out when he's on the mic.

Reactions: larrypacman8167

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
the way laurentide said it also made me laugh, but it annoys me to know whatever Domi says, he's ****ed.

Got a guy coming in excited to play in a hockey market and seems fired up .... and somehow that's negative?

if he would have looked too casual about the coming season people would rip into him.

I should have clarified Hoff... I understand he cannot go and pull a cammalleri on his new team... I don't expect that any player speaks ill of his team even if they know they are going to get wrecked... I'm not faulting Domi for saying anything he did.... He did what he is suppose to and should have done.

I was just more laughing at that statement regardless of which player would have made it....

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
I should have clarified Hoff... I understand he cannot go and pull a cammalleri on his new team... I don't expect that any player speaks ill of his team even if they know they are going to get wrecked... I'm not faulting Domi for saying anything he did.... He did what he is suppose to and should have done.

I was just more laughing at that statement regardless of which player would have made it....

It was a general comment, I understood it was all in good fun like I said I've laughed about it as I read both your comments. I just know some have him already cornered and that prevents me from laughing as loud as I should ;)

Reactions: Tank Toad

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
the way laurentide said it also made me laugh, but it annoys me to know whatever Domi says, he's ****ed.

Ya he's excited to play in a city he said sucked just last year and can only stand being in for one night.
:sarcasm:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Gotta love his optimism!

Hopes he keeps it after spending a few months getting to know his new bosses and their way of operating

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
He didn’t have a choice, have any of the team come out and said we suck and not going to win? The higher heirachy pay their wages. Gally said as much as he could at the end of last season when he said he realized in pre-season there was a problem. Most of the team are just grateful they have a high paying job. Has any player on any team spoken out against management and their choices and survived?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He didn’t have a choice, have any of the team come out and said we suck and not going to win? The higher heirachy pay their wages. Gally said as much as he could at the end of last season when he said he realized in pre-season there was a problem. Most of the team are just grateful they have a high paying job. Has any player on any team spoken out against management and their choices and survived?

Exactly. What else was he going to say?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Similar to Drouin and Weber, I think Domi will have a great start with the habs (the first ~20 games).

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
My main beef with how some posters' couch their positions is that they desperately try to blow any rebuttal out of the water to the point of strictly accentuating the positives for their standpoint and the negatives for anybody else's standpoint.

Point and case, as a concrete example:

In comparing Galchenyuk and Domi after the trade, we have posters depicting the trade as trading away a 30-goal scorer for a 9-Goal scorer.

When questioned about the numbers, we are told that we are talking about Galchenyuk's potential, but we are still hand-picking the worst season for max Domi as a comparable.

This just lacks any sort of credibility, IMO. It unnecessarily creates friction.

It's not like anyone would deny that Galchenyuk is more of a natural scorer than Domi in the first place. The argument that losing scorers on a team that has trouble scoring is also a sound argument that is hard to deny. So, why stack the argument unnecessarily and falsely in favour of the point you are trying to make?

It's really annoying, especially considering that the argument would hold up without this.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
My main beef with how some posters' couch their positions is that they desperately try to blow any rebuttal out of the water to the point of strictly accentuating the positives for their standpoint and the negatives for anybody else's standpoint.

In comparing Galchenyuk and Domi after the trade, we have posters depicting the trade as trading away a 30-goal scorer for a 9-Goal scorer.

When questioned about the numbers, we are told that we are talking about Galchenyuk's potential, but we are still hand-picking the worst season for max Domi as a comparable.

This just lacks any sort of credibility, IMO. It unnecessarily creates friction.

It's not like anyone would deny that Galchenyuk is more of a natural scorer than Domi in the first place. The argument that losing scorers on a team that has trouble scoring is also a sound argument that is hard to deny. So, why stack the argument unnecessarily and falsely in favour of the point you are trying to make?

It's really annoying, especially considering that the argument would hold up without this.

Excellent post. Everyone is numb from the losing and the bleak future so they become depressed and lazy in their arguments. Not that it indicates wether if they are wrong or not but it's strawman season on here and it's sometimes boring to read.

Reactions: montreal

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

The problem is if we take AG average, which we should, then people will say the difference is not big cause Domi scored 18 three years ago. In fact they pretty much already doing that by saying Domi has the potential to score 20 while he actually never did it in 3 seasons. He does have the potential but i doubt he'll be a regular 20-25 goals scorer in his career.

The reality is on average AG scores 21 goals every 82 games and Domi 13 goals every games. Everyone should stick to that i agree but you know as well as me that if we start saying AG is a 21 goals scorer then people will say Domi is not far from that (since he scored 18) while the fact is he actually is far from that. Both are young players and those numbers should come up for both of them if they can add some consistency to their game. AG should settle in as a 25 goals scorer (on average in his career) and Domi probably somewhere in between 15 and 19 goals.

It's pretty much the same with Subban and Weber. The reality is offensively speaking Subban is more productive (5 points more on average every 82 games). But then you'll have people act like they're both 50 points dmen and mostly equal offensively speaking (Weber in fact is a 47 points over 82 games dman and he has only three 50 points seasons in 13 seasons).

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Except AG27 is capable of scoring 30. It is not merely potential. He did it already. At center.
In a team starving for goals and skill. Why would you do that. Why.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Except AG27 is capable of scoring 30. It is not merely potential. He did it already. At center.
In a team starving for goals and skill. Why would you do that. Why.

There's a difference between being capable and being a 30 goals scorer though. Like Byron is capable of doing 20-40 but he has yet to prove he is a 20-40 guy. For me to say you are a 30 goals scorer you must score on average 30 goals or very close to it. Career seasons are the exception not the norm.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
No one can argue Galchenyuk isn't better at scoring goals. The stats prove that he is.

But they both average 50-points every 82 games. So when it comes to overall production, they are equal.

And it's not like Domi was surrounded by natural goal scorers in Arizona to explain how he got all those points. The last two seasons, they had one 20-goal scorer each season (Vrbata with 20 in 2016-17 & Keller with 23 last season). In his rookie year, when he scored 18 goals and 52 points did the Yotes have multiple 20-goal scorers (Doan, OEL & Duclair).

So even if you argue that Habs have one less natural goal scorer on the roster, they still get back equal points-per-82 production from a player who put up similar points average on a team that lacked natural goal scorers. In fact, they lacked them more than the Habs do.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
No one can argue Galchenyuk isn't better at scoring goals. The stats prove that he is.

But they both average 50-points every 82 games. So when it comes to overall production, they are equal. ...

However, aren't goal scorers in much shorter supply? Viewed in a vacuum, points total could be misleading. If we can't argue that Galchenyuk is better at scoring goals, then we gave up the more difficult to acquire asset. Good luck to Domi but someone is going to have to put the puck in the net.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Any Golden Boy cheerleaders ready to bet 100$ CAD real money that Domi will outproduce him next season?

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Make the bet based on goals scored. :sarcasm:

That wouldn't be fair for Domi, but like all bets not done through a proper betting site I need a neutral party holding onto the cash before the season starts none of this trust my word crap or no point talking like you are willing to make the actual bet.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It's not hard to see why fans would doubt any big moves MB makes. Plus when you need goals and you trade one of your best snipers for a playmaker it's going to get a lot of heat. I had no problem trading Galchenyuk, as I didn't see him re-signing with the way he's been treated, which imo has not been good. So they get someone younger that's quicker and a better skater but they give up the goals for assists.

If you compare their age 20-22 seasons, they played almost the exact amount of games with Galchenyuk getting 11 more points in 1 more game but he did have a better team. (Gal - 146 pts in 223 games, .65 ppg; Domi - 135 pts in 222 games, .61 ppg)

Reactions: Peanut

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
It's not hard to see why fans would doubt any big moves MB makes. Plus when you need goals and you trade one of your best snipers for a playmaker it's going to get a lot of heat. I had no problem trading Galchenyuk, as I didn't see him re-signing with the way he's been treated, which imo has not been good. So they get someone younger that's quicker and a better skater but they give up the goals for assists.

If you compare their age 20-22 seasons, they played almost the exact amount of games with Galchenyuk getting 11 more points in 1 more game but he did have a better team. (Gal - 146 pts in 223 games, .65 ppg; Domi - 135 pts in 222 games, .61 ppg)

Whatever. Galchenyuk will get more points in Arizona, and Domi less in Montreal. I'd guess 60 vs 33. Who is going to score to get Domi 36 assists again? Our only consistent scorer is another LW, and the GM and many fans want him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->