• Play him at C for a bit and see how he does

• No no no no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
What markov brought to the team can really be seen by advance stats. His first pass and his assist rate per 60mins played would have still been the best on the team last season.

Our team dosent use advance stats tho.
You mean to tell me that there's no way to quantify essential skills like "ka-RACK-ter", "h'attitood" or "rispeck"?

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
What markov brought to the team can really be seen by advance stats. His first pass and his assist rate per 60mins played would have still been the best on the team last season.

I’m pretty sure Markov has always had great advanced stats might neee CW or LG to back it up

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I’m pretty sure Markov has always had great advanced stats might neee CW or LG to back it up

Not all that advanced, but:

DD49VnRXcAAJSY3.jpg:large

His last 3 seasons he still produced like 1st pair D at ES and the PP, killed penalties and had great on ice results and individual impacts.

He was a huge loss and not adequately replacing him in any whatsoever played a huge role in finishing with the 4th worst record in the NHL (IMO bigger than not re-signing Radulov). Especially since they should have been preparing for his decline for a long time.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
More assists but less goals. It doesn't make us any better at 5 on 5... especially for a team that is in need for goals. Without Galchenyuk and likely Pacioretty.. This team is in serious lack of goal scorer. Bringing a player that scored 4 5 on 5 goals in 82 goals is not what I call a step in the right direction.

I'm not saying he's a bad player. He'd probably be one of our best players... but still a 50 pts player. I just see this trade as a fill a hole but creates another hole.. We traded a 50 pts player for a 50 pts player. One is a better playmaker, the other is a better goal scorer.. and imo, a goal scorer more important.

Galchenyuk scored 8 5on5 goals last season! 8!

Deslauriers got 10 in 58 games...

Goalscorer you say?

How did that help Arizona?

Lol...4 goals at ES. Four! Hahahaha

The amazing goalscorer Golden Boy got 8 last season!

Domi had a brutal SH% at less than 4%.

We'll see who's gonna laugh next season...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Deslauriers got 10 in 58 games...

Goalscorer you say?

So he scored 100% more goals than Domi, wow, ya, we are much improved.

Once upon a time you brought half decent arguments, try to get back to that. I know it's tough though, Bergevin isn't helping you at all.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
So he scored 100% more goals than Domi, wow, ya, we are much improved.

Once upon a time you brought half decent arguments, try to get back to that. I know it's tough though, Bergevin isn't helping you at all.
Wow man you're really something else...

You were laughing at Domi's 4 goals and then I tell you your amazing goalscorer only got 4 more goals and everything you could came up was a nothing post?

100% more goals sounds great but in reality is only 4 more goals! I think we're gonna be able to survive...

And did you miss the part about the SH%?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Wow man you're really something else...

You were laughing at Domi's 4 goals and then I tell you your amazing goalscorer only got 4 more goals and everything you could came up was a nothing post?

100% more goals sounds great but in reality is only 4 more goals! I think we're gonna be able to survive...

And did you miss the part about the SH%?
Survive? Loll yes, the world will not explode. But the Habs will suck ass again.
And for a team who can't buy a goal, then 4 extra ones is huge.

As I said, your arguments used to be better. You're making fun of Galch and yet he scored more. Like come on dude. Never go full r....

Reactions: Peanut

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Survive? Loll yes, the world will not explode. But the Habs will suck ass again.
And for a team who can't buy a goal, then 4 extra ones is huge.

As I said, your arguments used to be better. You're making fun of Galch and yet he scored more. Like come on dude. Never go full r....
My argument is perfectly fine, I said Domi is a better 5on5 player than Chucky and I'm still saying it.

And it was not me who was laughing at a players production btw...

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

So twice more than Domi. Thanks for proving our points.

And you said we have improved 5 on 5... I said we didnt. More assists, less goals does not equal better. Goals are also more important. So once again you're wrong.

You like to dig your own hole eh? :laugh:

BTW. I've been laughing at you in the past 3 years. About DD, about Therrien, about MB, about Alzner (better defensively than Markov according to you hahahhaha), about Drouin, about the fact that you thought King, Ott and Martinsen were the missing pieces for our playoffs run , about Streit, about Hemsky, about losing Radulov, about losing Markov about how bad the team is while you thought we are 2-3 players from contenders etc... All those people and players that have defended against me.. I actually admire you for the thickness of your skin. You've been proved wrong so many time and still not shy to make claim to defend you beloved GM.

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
My argument is perfectly fine, I said Domi is a better 5on5 player than Chucky and I'm still saying it.

And it was not me who was laughing at a players production btw...
Based on...? Oh right, because Domi had 36pts at EV vs Galch who had 27?
You left out the fact Galch had a 39pt pace at EV the previous season and the year prior he put up 40pts at EV.
So there goes your theory.
Also, you leave out the fact the Habs are starving for goals and Domi has 4 ES goals.

And you belittled Galch's 8 goals production when it's double the one of Domi.
Ya...some fine arguments you got there. :biglaugh: :facepalm:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
So twice more than Domi. Thanks for proving our points.

And you said we have improved 5 on 5... I said we didnt. More assists, less goals does not equal better. Goals are also more important. So once again you're wrong.

You like to dig your own hole eh? :laugh:

BTW. I've been laughing at you in the past 3 years. About DD, about Therrien, about MB, about Alzner (better defensively than Markov according to you hahahhaha), about Drouin, about the fact that you thought King, Ott and Martinsen were the missing pieces for our playoffs run , about Streit, about Hemsky, about losing Radulov, about losing Markov about how bad the team is while you thought we are 2-3 players from contenders etc... All those people and players that have defended against me.. I actually admire you for the thickness of your skin. You've been proved wrong so many time and still not shy to make claim to defend you beloved GM.

4 goals is laughable but 8 is some amazing feat apparently... Geez saying things like double and 100% more doesn't change the fact that is only 4 more goals!

The way you're talking is like Chucky scored 20 5on5 goals or something.

But you can keep arguing something that I didn't even said.That Domi is a better goalscorer than Chucky.

Domi had 20 primary assists at even strength last season.

The point being made here is that he's able to generate more offense at ES than Chucky! He might score less but someone on the team will score more after he sets them up.

And for the second part of your post is just a bunch of blabla, you can keep laughing, I couldn't care less.

You left out the fact Galch had a 39pt pace at EV the previous season and the year prior he put up 40pts at EV.
Also, you leave out the fact the Habs are starving for goals and Domi has 4 ES goals.

Yeah it was me who was laughing at Domi's 4 goals... :facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
4 goals is laughable but 8 is some amazing feat apparently... Geez saying things like double and 100% more doesn't change the fact that is only 4 more goals!
Where did I ever say that? 8 is not good. 4 is worse. I mean, it's pretty simple.
No I'm not. I said Galch scored double what Domi did, he had 100% more goals. I also gave Domi's total of 4 goals. So...if you know simple math, that's 8 goals.

But you can keep arguing something that I didn't even said.That Domi is a better goalscorer than Chucky.

The point being made here is that he's able to generate more offense at ES than Chucky! He might score less but someone on the team will score more after he sets them up.
You said Domi is a better player at ES than Galch, alluding to his total points. I pointed out how Domi has 4 ES goals and this team is desperate for goals. So that doesn't help. Also, I brought up the previous seasons where Galch had 40 ES and a 38pt pace there, so even by your own measure of points, Galch has produced more or just as much as Domi in the past.

Drouin is a better playmaker than Domi, I was told how he would create more things too but that failed. This will fail again, especially since we are entering with Petry-Alzner as the top pair one more time.
No no that was me, you belittled Galch's 8...you know, for having double the amount of goals as Domi.

Last edited by a moderator:

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

I'm not sure your arguments are any more solid though... Galchenyuk used the way he was wasn't moving the team forward. Domi might. I really wanted to see more from chucky but he was missing a spark of some sort. Maybe it was positional, maybe it was something else, maybe it was a combination of factors.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Belial is perfectly right in pointing out that 4 es goals don't mean much, don't know what kriss E is arguing about here. You'd think we just traded gretzky for turner stevenson. People are crying about an imaginary gap between galchenyuk and domi. Granted that both needed a change of scenery, but what if its good for both of them ? The defence of galchenyuk is rally pathetic... People are in total denial that he didnt care half the games. Its sickening... No matter the return...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Belial is perfectly right in pointing out that 4 es goals don't mean much, don't know what kriss E is arguing about here. You'd think we just traded gretzky for turner stevenson. People are crying about an imaginary gap between galchenyuk and domi. Granted that both needed a change of scenery, but what if its good for both of them ? The defence of galchenyuk is rally pathetic... People are in total denial that he didnt care half the games. Its sickening... No matter the return...
What in God's name are you babbling on about? I literally said 8 goals from Galch at ES is not good.
I have no idea why it is so difficult for some of you to recognize that Galch had double the amount of goals as Domi, and he previously put up higher ES total as Domi.
No, we did not trade Gretzky, and we also didn't receive him in return.

At best, this is a lateral move. That was my point. Belial's point was that we improved at ES. The arguments I brought up show the opposite, that's it that's all.
I have no idea how you interprete what I said as if I'm arguing we moved 99. Honestly...:biglaugh:

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm not sure your arguments are any more solid though... Galchenyuk used the way he was wasn't moving the team forward. Domi might. I really wanted to see more from chucky but he was missing a spark of some sort. Maybe it was positional, maybe it was something else, maybe it was a combination of factors.
Well sure, he might. Drouin might also become that premier player. Pacioretty might put up 35~40 goals.
We can use "might" in front of a lot of things.
I'm more interested in what is expected.
Do I expect Patches to put up 35~40g? Nope.
Do I expect Drouin to become a premier player and lead this team next year? Nope.
Do I expect Domi to improve us more than whatever Galch contributed? Nope.
Maybe he'll have more assists, but he'll have less goals, at best this will be a lateral move.

Reactions: Peanut

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

MB doesn't need stats..........he has his eye test, and it was easy to see that Markov could be replaced by Streit, I mean too easy. All jokes aside, that mis step right there by MB should have gotten him fired...........

As for the Chucky/Domi trade, wasn't happy the time it went down, but after giving it some thought, we just might be surprised on the results of this one...Domi's speed is great, and if CJ can get him back to being a net presence, we could see some goals ala Bgally....a stretch?

If Chucky goes to Arizona plays C and lights it up, do you think that would be enough to get our clown GM fired?

Reactions: groovejuice

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

And for the second part of your post is just a bunch of blabla, you can keep laughing, I couldn't care less.

You keep saying this dumb thing but you clearly have no clue what a troll is.

Where did you read that I'm praising Galchenyuk? I know it's not good, I know he didn't have a good season that's why I didn't say anything positive about his numbers since the beginning of our argument.

Give me one single statement that I said Galchenyuk is good, or tha hist 8 goals at ES is good, or that I said anything implying that he scored 20 es goals.

From the very beginning, I'm just laughing at the fact that you said we are heading to the right direction at 5 on 5 because we traded Galchenyuk for Domi. I'm COMPARING the players, there numbers at 5 on 5 that suggests that we are not any better. I didn't make that statement, you did. You were the one that compared them.

You're making claims that you can't back up. Don't start putting words in my mouth and make an argument out of it.

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
As for the Chucky/Domi trade, wasn't happy the time it went down, but after giving it some thought, we just might be surprised on the results of this one...Domi's speed is great, and if CJ can get him back to being a net presence, we could see some goals ala Bgally....a stretch?
For that, we would have to spend a lot of time in the opposition's end. I think this will be very difficult to do considering how Petry-Alzner is our first pair and we didn't add anything up front either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad