Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Galchenyuk has no CHoeur
He has no CHaractère

Domi plays the "right way" he has tons of CHaractère and CHoeur!!!! You don't win games by scoring goals you win by trying hard

Btw what did chucky ever do to belial? Lmao the way he defends drouin and domi but rips on a kid who's supperior to both is hilarious

Reactions: Habs178

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
This board always had an unhealthy attachment to Galchneyuk. I guess being a top 3 pick will do that on messageboard called
hockey's future".

Yes this board has an unhealthy attachment to Galchenyuk yet it was only YOU that went on to ANOTHER teams's forum to let them know how mediocre Galchenyuk really is. You sure you're not the one obsessed there buddy? You should be banned for that alone. The same person who was crapping all over Galchenyuk during pre-season while singing Drouin's praises to high Jesus. Your opinion means very little.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Power play scoring might be less valuable than ES scoring, but it's still valuable.

People will be discussing Galchenyuk's performance throughout the season.

Of course they will, a lot of whining and moaning incoming as he will score goals on that Arizona team.

My body is ready.

Well, we sent that email in 2015-16 and he had MOAR 5V5 GOALZ THAN TAYLOR HALL OMG GAIZ but for some reason it never got through to you.

Oh, and Max Domi still sucks dick at shooting.

Lol how is this relevant?

Are you actually trying to tell us he's a good even strength player?

Alex Galchenyuk 24 PP-27 ES
Jonathan Drouin 22 PP-26 ES

You’re blasting Galchenyuk when the player you hype up the most has almost identical splits while putting up less points. It makes no sense.

Can you show me a recent post where I'm praising Drouin?

I actually said he was disappointing somewhere in another thread.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Yes this board has an unhealthy attachment to Galchenyuk yet it was only YOU that went on to ANOTHER teams's forum to let them know how mediocre Galchenyuk really is. You sure you're not the one obsessed there buddy? You should be banned for that alone. The same person who was crapping all over Galchenyuk during pre-season while singing Drouin's praises to high Jesus. Your opinion means very little.

"Guys Alzner is a solid signing you will all be eating crow about him. Im the voice of reason."

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Galchenyuk has no CHoeur
He has no CHaractère

Domi plays the "right way" he has tons of CHaractère and CHoeur!!!! You don't win games by scoring goals you win by trying hard

Btw what did chucky ever do to belial? Lmao the way he defends drouin and domi but rips on a kid who's supperior to both is hilarious

Belial is just trying to justify/defend his...I mean bergevin's transactions. He doesn't really care about the players. If Domi gets traded tomorrow he'll be the first one saying how Bergevin is a genius for trading away a player with 5 even strength goals. He was saying how amazing Markov was, how he was his favorite player no way he doesn't get resigned... then when MB let him go Belial changed his tune and turned on Marky too. Quite sad really.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Peter Chiarelli is considered by some to be the worst GM in the league because of the Taylor Hall trade, I wonder if the Galchenyuk trade has the potential to be on that same level trading for a player that scored only 5 even-strength goals.

Taylor Hall was largely considered to have busted in Edmonton and only scored 53 points last year, similar to Galchenyuk. Alex has been PPG for stretches when he played with Pacioretty and Radulov. If AG can find himself on a line with Clayton Keller I think he has the potential to explode.

Any player fortunate enough to be traded away from the Bergevin Habs will see his potential and opportunities increase.

And if one, against all odds, does flourish in Montreal, he'll likely be on the first train out of town.

Reactions: Bryson and Peanut

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Yes, and it's my position that this different way isn't a particularly good way. There isn't always some grand reason behind every trade. It's very possible that Bergevin just made a mistake. I'm betting that he did. Again.

As for Montrealers not being embarrassed when we trade away the better player, well, that's more of a survival reflex at this point than anything else. People are already revving up the excuse machine: ''he wouldn't have done it here!'' should Galchenyuk go on to have success with Arizona.
I honestly don't see Galchenyuk doing much more in Arizona than he did in Montreal, although he may do it as a center rather than as a winger, which in and of itself would repudiate Bergevin's beliefs. But I don't see him suddenly becoming a superstar or moving up to a higher echelon. At this point I think that what you see is what you're likely to get. He's a guy who, if he plays well, can score 25-30 goals a year. I don't see how his work habits will change or that his off-ice issues will magically disappear simply because he's been traded.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Its sad to realize that even if he ends up being a good player for us, he will always be hated. The mancrush pandemic on galchenyuk will make sure of that.

Reactions: Belial

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Galchenyuk has no CHoeur
He has no CHaractère

Is he though? Bring on the season!

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Belial is just trying to justify/defend his...I mean bergevin's transactions. He doesn't really care about the players. If Domi gets traded tomorrow he'll be the first one saying how Bergevin is a genius for trading away a player with 5 even strength goals. He was saying how amazing Markov was, how he was his favorite player no way he doesn't get resigned... then when MB let him go Belial changed his tune and turned on Marky too. Quite sad really.
:facepalm:

How about you mention that there was like a 6 months span between those posts?

And I never actually turned on Marky, I mean there was an offer on the table, it's not like he told him to go f*** himself...

durojean

May 29, 2007
Did you know that the catastrophic Domi got more 5on5 primary assists than Kucherov, Barkov, Giroux, Kopitar, Duchene, Ehlers, Hall, Point, Marchand and a bunch of other elite players in this league while playing on a brutal Arizona team?

What can you tell me about Golden Boy?

golden boy put up 55 points playing out of position on the fourth line for 1/4 of the season and with winger playing center.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Offering someone an insulting offer and insulting them by calling them a dog is the equivalent of telling him to go **** himself...

There was nothing insulting in that offer if we trust the info that was leaked.

And for that dog stuff, you should probably take some lessons in English comprehension because even if Bergevin is quite rudimentary and not really articulate I have no f***ing clue how someone with a sane mind and some logic could come to the conclusion that he called someone a dog after that PC.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
People keep bringing up a 20-25 game stretch from 2 seasons ago where Galchenyuk put up a PPG, but Domi is just considered a "5 goal even strength scorer" despite getting 18 goals that same season.

We are talking about a 23 and a 24 year old here, both players will likely benefit from a change of scenery.

Not sure how much good a change of scenery will do for Domi. Both will be put in a position to succeed by their respective teams. If ARZ wants to maximize Galchenyuk's potential they will play him at C with with Keller, first wave PP and all the minutes he can handle. What's the best case scenario for Domi? Play with Drouin who's not really a center or play him as 2C on a team that's about to lose another 30 goal scorer and still has no PMD?

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Offering someone an insulting offer and insulting them by calling them a dog is the equivalent of telling him to go **** himself...
Offering any sort of contract to a guy pushing 40 with a wonky knee should be considered a favor, not an insult. You don't pay a guy for services he's already rendered. You only pay him what you think he'll be worth to you in the near future. It couldn't have been an offer that was way off the mark because if it were, some other NHL team would have stepped in and made him a better offer. They didn't because they are in accord with Bergevin's assessment of Markov's current worth.

This is also why I scoff at Pacioretty trying now to make up for all the cash he left on the table when he signed his last contract. It doesn't work that way, Max. When he signs his next contract Pacioretty will be at or pushing 30, not 25 like he was when he signed his old deal. The expectations are going to be different and the offers he gets will reflect that reality.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Offering any sort of contract to a guy pushing 40 with a wonky knee should be considered a favor, not an insult. You don't pay a guy for services he's already rendered. You only pay him what you think he'll be worth to you in the near future. It couldn't have been an offer that was way off the mark because if it were, some other NHL team would have stepped in and made him a better offer. They didn't because they are in accord with Bergevin's assessment of Markov's current worth.

This is also why I scoff at Pacioretty trying now to make up for all the cash he left on the table when he signed his last contract. It doesn't work that way, Max. When he signs his next contract Pacioretty will be at or pushing 30, not 25 like he was when he signed his old deal. The expectations are going to be different and the offers he gets will reflect that reality.
While this is true and I agree with you...

How does one explain the approach the Habs took with Tomas Plekanec? A player who at this point is much worse and has less to give than Andrei Markov did last year?

Why was the team so willing and eager to get Tomas Plekanec signed to an easily-achievable bonus-ladden contract, so eager in fact, they made it priority #1 on July 1st, almost like they had to get it done or else they'd risk losing him to another team.

Again, I agree with you in the fact that there was nothing insulting about how the Habs dealt with Markov from what we know publicly, but my question is, how come they took a much more cooperative approach with Plekanec?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
golden boy put up 55 points playing out of position on the fourth line for 1/4 of the season and with winger playing center.

I really wanted to respond to your post but I was not able to understand what were you talking about because
Golden Boy never had a 55 point season in his career...

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I honestly don't see Galchenyuk doing much more in Arizona than he did in Montreal, although he may do it as a center rather than as a winger, which in and of itself would repudiate Bergevin's beliefs. But I don't see him suddenly becoming a superstar or moving up to a higher echelon. At this point I think that what you see is what you're likely to get. He's a guy who, if he plays well, can score 25-30 goals a year. I don't see how his work habits will change or that his off-ice issues will magically disappear simply because he's been traded.

A lot is being made out of salacious rumours started by a man with substance abuse issues of his own. I don't put any stock in them.

I do see Galchenyuk being very successful in Arizona. I think Keller is perhaps a perfect linemate for him as a shooting center, and he will be extremely successful with OEL on the powerplay.

With Galchenyuk ''what you see is what you get'' is a more complicated statement than you think. I saw quite a lot that doesn't get talked about. He played a lot of good hockey recently, the only trouble being that not all of it was contained in one season, even if it constituted more than a full season in terms of games. It's a total myth that Galchenyuk got hot for 20 games to end the 2015-16 season: his excellent offensive play started months before he was put with Pacioretty, and continued into the next season until he was injured by Kopitar. If that's the Galchenyuk that Arizona is getting this trade will be a disaster. Even if it's somewhere between this year's Galchenyuk and that Galchenyuk, I don't think we win the trade.

Reactions: LaP and Bryson

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
While this is true and I agree with you...

How does one explain the approach the Habs took with Tomas Plekanec? A player who at this point is much worse and has less to give than Andrei Markov did last year?

Why was the team so willing and eager to get Tomas Plekanec signed to an easily-achievable bonus-ladden contract, so eager in fact, they made it priority #1 on July 1st, almost like they had to get it done or else they'd risk losing him to another team.

Again, I agree with you in the fact that there was nothing insulting about how the Habs dealt with Markov from what we know publicly, but my question is, how come they took a much more cooperative approach with Plekanec?
You, my friend, are just biased when it comes to Plekanec.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
You, my friend, are just biased when it comes to Plekanec.
I said nothing disparaging towards Plekanec...maybe you should consider that i'm not biased against Plekanec at all?'

Perhaps you're just overly sensitive about him? That's your issue, not mine.

Again, I said nothing negative about Plekanec, it is true however that the team seemed much more willing to come to a contract with Plekanec, than they were with Markov.

It's a fair question to ask why?

IMO, Markov had more hockey in him left than Plekanec does....why the different approaches?

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009

First off Markov didnt take offers from the other team. The guy had people in his wedding in Habs jerseys even as a UFA.

Second they didnt sign Markov and did sign Karl Alzner. So instead of signing a guy to a shorter deal that gets off the books earlier, is also a better d-man, showing him some respect and getting him his 1000th game. We get to watch Alzner knock pucks into his own net for 4 more years.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
People keep bringing up a 20-25 game stretch from 2 seasons ago where Galchenyuk put up a PPG, but Domi is just considered a "5 goal even strength scorer" despite getting 18 goals that same season.

We are talking about a 23 and a 24 year old here, both players will likely benefit from a change of scenery.

It's actually a 56 games sequence spanning over 2 seasons.

From February 1st 2016 (about the time he was moved to the center of Patch) to December 4th 2016 (day of his knee injury) he did 51 points over 56 games (pace of 75 points). Over that period he was Mtl best scorer. The 2nd best was Pacioretty with 43 points so 8 less points than AG. All the other guys are out of the picture with Gallagher being 3rd with only 27 points.

Then when he returned from his knee injury Julien quickly moved him as a 4th line winger and this is where we are now. He played like a quarter of the last season with DLR as his center ... first time DLR looked like a legitimate NHLer.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
:facepalm:

How about you mention that there was like a 6 months span between those posts?

And I never actually turned on Marky, I mean there was an offer on the table, it's not like he told him to go **** himself...

I remember when you pointed to his KHL stats to justify not signing Markov and subsequently going into complete silence when he was their all situation LH defenseman on the way to a Gargarin Cup win, upsetting CSKA.

durojean

May 29, 2007
I really wanted to respond to your post but I was not able to understand what were you talking about because
Golden Boy never had a 55 point season in his career...

i was wrong it was 51 last year... my point still stands...

You are right he never had a 55 points season in his career... he did have a 56 points season in 2015/2016 where he got 35 of those points playing center in the last 38 games of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad