GDT: Hey, hey, we want you to stay, John Forslund

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
John Forslund is the voice of the Carolina Hurricanes. We, the fans, think that it should stay that way.

Let's see if we get a "sellout" crowd of 19,772 to pay $20 a "ticket" to hear John Forslund call the Carolina Hurricanes again.

Johnny, if you sign the contract to stay, every dime we raise goes to you.

If, for whatever reason, you decide that it's time to move on, then every dime we raise will go to the Carolina Hurricanes Foundation in your name.

Thanks for being the narrator for all of our greatest sports memories. No matter what, we will always keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Spread the word.

Hey Hey, We Want You to Stay, John Forslund organized by Greg DeKoenigsberg

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
whats up with Forslund? he is one of my Favs to listen too?

Long story short: His contract's up. Our owner is uncertain how everything's going to play out in the new future re: COVID. So he basically offered employees a contract based on whether there will be fans in the stand next year. John wasn't happy with that, had an opportunity to work for NBC instead and took it.

Apparently "the door is open" for the two sides to try and work out a deal that works for both of them, but given Dundon's history and John's recent comments, it's unlikely there's going to be a favorable meeting anytime soon.

Jun 15, 2007
I don't know, subsidizing the salary of someone because the owner is too cheap just kinda seems like negotiating with terrorists you know? Sure, you night get what you want this time but it sets a terrible precedent.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Worst case scenario it goes to charity

My only concern is the precedent of billionaires using foundations like personal slush funds. TD already used the foundation to look good about paying other employees.

Didn't stop me from contributing—just made me realize that when you pay the attorneys and politicians to write the rules even the best intentions of the rest of us don't really matter.

Reactions: Unsustainable

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
John Forslund is the voice of the Carolina Hurricanes. We, the fans, think that it should stay that way.

Let's see if we get a "sellout" crowd of 19,772 to pay $20 a "ticket" to hear John Forslund call the Carolina Hurricanes again.

Johnny, if you sign the contract to stay, every dime we raise goes to you.

If, for whatever reason, you decide that it's time to move on, then every dime we raise will go to the Carolina Hurricanes Foundation in your name.

Thanks for being the narrator for all of our greatest sports memories. No matter what, we will always keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Spread the word.

Hey Hey, We Want You to Stay, John Forslund organized by Greg DeKoenigsberg
Done. May add more if the needle starts moving.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad