Here you go

latest

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Here you go

latest

So because his logic when acquiring players wasn't necessarily flawed, they had to stay on the roster over better players even when it became abundantly clear they shouldnt?

Acquiring Lehtera as a cap dump to improve the other assets returned is fine. Was his decision to keep him on the 23 man roster last season over better players also fine?

Was re-signing Brandon Manning a good idea at the time? Was keeping him on the 23 man roster over better players a good idea?

There are a lot more layers to it. Good try though.

giphy-3.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
So because his logic when acquiring players wasn't necessarily flawed, they had to stay on the roster over better players even when it became abundantly clear they shouldnt?

Acquiring Lehtera as a cap dump to improve the other assets returned is fine. Was his decision to keep him on the 23 man roster last season over better players also fine?

Was re-signing Brandon Manning a good idea at the time? Was keeping him on the 23 man roster over better players a good idea?

There are a lot more layers to it. Good try though.

View attachment 124819
You’re trying to change the subject.

“Well, I mean, Hextall acquired those players in the first place..”

I repsonded to this, which specifically focused on adding them (not bad at all), nothing about keeping them (some bad).

So looks like you’re the red guy here. :laugh:

Good try though.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
You’re trying to change the subject.

“Well, I mean, Hextall acquired those players in the first place..”

I repsonded to this, which specifically focused on adding them (not bad at all), nothing about keeping them (some bad).

So looks like you’re the red guy here. :laugh:

Good try though.

You should probably go back and re-read the comment I was replying to.

He is talking about bad players being on the team and having to wait for their contracts to be up before we are rid of them.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

He is talking about bad players being on the team and having to wait for their contracts to be up before we are rid of them.
Yes, I already read it.

He’s said it’s good that Hextall is getting rid of some of players who we wanted gone.

You then said that it’s Hextall fault they’re on the team to begin with.

So I said that doesn’t matter since none of them were mistakes.

In other words, he named something good and you named something that wasn’t even bad, as a way to try to counter that praise. I just pointed out why it failed.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lehtera wasn't kept over better players.

Outside of Lindblom, no one on the Phantoms was ready for prime time. Read was only the 5th or 6th best forward on the Phantoms, when he came up he helped the PK but was below replacement level as a 5x5 player. Spending the whole year in LHV was more important than struggling in the NHL before they were ready. NAK (2nd rd) was the only one with "draft credentials," Vorobyev (4th rd), MV (college free agent), Knight (journeyman), Bardreau (college free agent), Martel (overage). These were guys you hoped, not expected, to take a step up and compete for a NHL job.

Lehigh will have more talent this season, and even more next season, and organizational depth means they can "marinate" a lot of guys for two years, so when they come up there's less of a learning curve. Laberge is a good example, they can give him a couple seasons to "sink or swim," and hopefully unlock the player they thought they were drafting.

Reactions: pmwlker

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Hextall doesn't HAVE to wait, but it makes no sense to rush.
He can waive them at any time and just eat the contract, or bury them in the AHL or the pressbox.

And he doesn't want to spread the cap hit forward, he has lots of cap room this year, since you can't roll it over like the NFL (players' union should try and change that, you want rebuilding teams to move cap money into future years when they have talent worth paying), best to pay full price on these contracts.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Read > Lehtera by a mile.

No, he's not, nor was Leier or Weise. All were rated as marginal (i.e. 13th forwards) NHL forwards. Arguing about which scrub should have played is a joke.

And Manning was definitely worth keeping, for all his flaws, he's a NHL 3rd pair defenseman, good offensively (one of the top 5x5 scorers in the league), shaky on defense. He bought the team a year with Morin hurt, Sanheim inconsistent and Hagg limited. He is what he is, which is why he's gone.

Holmgren left little in the prospect cupboard, that has forced Hextall to resort to aging veterans and marginal prospects to fill out the bottom of the roster for four years. He's done so without sacrificing any assets other than Weise's contract. He's also managed to garner 2 3rd rd picks and a 5th rd pick for this trash.

Why people think this is a big deal is beyond me, this has been a rebuilding team that lacked depth, so of course the guys at the bottom of the roster aren't very good.

Nor have there been a lot of players in LHV that were ready to push these scrubs, NAK showed nothing in 2016-17, Myers needed a year in the AHL, Vorobyev was very inexperienced when he came over, even Lindblom showed he needed a few months to make the adjustment. Martel is not a NHL caliber player right now, Bardreau was injured last year and to start this year, Knight is a journeyman, MV had to make the adjustment from the college game (and better college players like Vesey have struggled transitioning to the NHL).

Now we're finally seeing an influx of real talent, and as talented players come in, scrubs will be exiting.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Ive been a member on here roughly 10 years I think.

Back in the day the arguments were only Jester and CS and was mostly in one or two threads. Now it’s everyone and everywhere.

It’s just rough to sift through. When it’s being rehashed 8 different words in 8 different meanings.
5 years for me, been on the site for over 10 years just browsimg before actually becoming a member

Reactions: hatcher

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
there is a reason why plenty of people have left this site, taken months or even years away from this site. Sure it could be other reasons, but when it comes right down to it the drama on this board makes it hard to come back each day.
This used to be a good place to talk pucks. Now it is turning into the Jerry Springer show with all the f***ing drama.

EDIT: look, I get that we always wont get along. we are all going to disagree on things, but now it is on every goddamn thread. you cannot get away from it. Sometimes I think people just love to start a verbal spat.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
there is a reason why plenty of people have left this site, taken months or even years away from this site. Sure it could be other reasons, but when it comes right down to it the drama on this board makes it hard to come back each day.
This used to be a good place to talk pucks. Now it is turning into the Jerry Springer show with all the ****ing drama.
Not to even mention main boards.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
This used to be a good place to talk pucks. Now it is turning into the Jerry Springer show with all the ****ing drama.

EDIT: look, I get that we always wont get along. we are all going to disagree on things, but now it is on every goddamn thread. you cannot get away from it. Sometimes I think people just love to start a verbal spat.
Springer is at least entertaining

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013

Yeah I feel ya there. Sometimes a difference of opinion leads people to just bash you or etc. I think its more a lack of respect than anything else.

In addition I think the lack of success for the past 5 years + is making things worse as well. A kinda stuck in purgatory feeling whether that is true or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad