News Article: Hextall: Flyers won't put Stolarz in position to fail like they did with JM Pelletier

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Hextall: Flyers won't put Stolarz in position to fail like they did with Jean-Marc Pelletier

Perhaps because he was a goalie himself, Ron Hextall doesn’t believe in throwing prospects into the fray of a team scrambling to correct its many defensive deficiencies.

The Flyers' general manager said Monday that just because Anthony Stolarz has been recalled from the Phantoms to take Michal Neuvirth’s place, it doesn’t mean the club is relying on him to be a savior at a time when the Flyers' goaltenders are ranked 28th worst in the NHL with a 3.55 collective team goals-against average.

http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelph...rz-position-fail-they-did-jean-marc-pelletier

Last edited by a moderator:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Meh. Just GM-speak. The kid is going to play and if he plays well he's going to keep playing until Neuvirth is back. Obviously, they aren't going to keep running him out there if he's losing 5-4 every night.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Eh, Pelletier only got 1 start when he was 21 and the Flyers' goalies were a mess. Wasn't an ideal situation, but he was considered a top prospect, had been playing well for the Phantoms, and I can't blame them for giving him a shot. In retrospect, though, he simply wasn't very good.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I refuse to click that link but I'll bet my life it's Panaccio. He's all ********** that Hextall took a solid dump on his head.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
How EVER did you know?

The tool is certainly predictable.

The second Hextall talked down to him, as you would a child who was misbehaving, I knew he was going to write a goaltending story. I knew it was him because he managed to fit a shot at the organization into the title. What a predictable piece of human garbage. The day he stops writing articles, no matter what the reason may be, will be a yearly holiday as far as I'm concerned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad