Recalled/Assigned: Hess back! (Canucks recall F Ronalds Kenins)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSD19

Feb 19, 2009
Great news as he was awesome for us last year, I really like his style of play.

This was another one of Gillis's positive moves of getting a free asset like he did with Tanev and Lack as well.

Hopefully he can have impact like he did last year.

HSD19

Feb 19, 2009
You know we suck when the fan base gets excited for an "energy" tweener callup. lol

Well when your team is soft as this has been this year yeah it is exciting. Henrik had more hits than Prust and Dorsett last game so its good to have someone in the line that can hopefully throw some good hits and possibly contribute to the offence too.

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
Holly puck I'm excited. I'm surprised, that this happened this quickly. Great, yasss, can't wait to see him play.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
FINALLY! Send Virtanen to the World juniors and run with:

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen
Kenins-Horvat-Burrows
Baertschi-McCann-Vrbata
Higgins-Cracknell-Dorsett

Until Sutter comes back!

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Reunite Kenins-Bo-Hansen and play Burrows with the Sedins. Keep 4th line as is and put Higgins with McCann and Vrbata.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Reunite Kenins-Bo-Hansen and play Burrows with the Sedins. Keep 4th line as is and put Higgins with McCann and Vrbata.

This makes the most sense to me too. Who knows, the lines might actually have balance.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
This makes the most sense to me too. Who knows, the lines might actually have balance.

Our forward lines actually look passable when deployed like this. I purposely left out Baerstchi for now, if Higgins or Prust get traded he can slot in there but right now he doesn't fit anywhere. I had high hopes for him but I'm expecting him to go the route of Vey now. Too little too late plus waivers.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
No reason to break up Hansen and Twins for this, IMO. Considering Horvat's poor play, Kenins being a question-mark who may not be hitting his stride the way he was last year, and Hansen clicking with the twins far more than Burrows has, it makes no sense to break things up.

The better option in my mind is for Burrows to try to play the role Hansen did last year and hope Kenins and Horvat click. That would be a decent line either way, with a chance of similarly catching fire, and Hansen with the twins is doing great either way.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Kenins said that he had a 14 week injury in the summer.

That explains a whole lot.

That's why he didn't report to Utica for the playoffs. Don't you remember that. He went home to heal up. Usually we don't hear why. most likely had an influence on his camp play and the resulting assignment to the Comets. Then he got hurt here.

He might not be what you all remember just yet. Question is if not, how does WD respond and do they send him back and start over with another Comet?

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
That's why he didn't report to Utica for the playoffs. Don't you remember that. He went home to heal up. Usually we don't hear why. most likely had an influence on his camp play and the resulting assignment to the Comets. Then he got hurt here.

He might not be what you all remember just yet. Question is if not, how does WD respond and do they send him back and start over with another Comet?

Well, he said he would be injured 6 weeks but then he went out to say he got injured for 14 weeks.

Kenins

Feb 16, 2015
Jūrmala
The thing with Kenins is that he really did not heal that injury for 100%. The remains of his injury tortured him in the preseason and in the Utica too.That is why he admitted that he did not deserve to play in Canucks from the start of the season.

He cured all injuries, played a game in the Utica and the recall was logical since Bo is struggling and has +/- -12

lets hope that Kenins will make Canucks a better hockey team! Cheers!:yo:

And I am not the real Kenins who tries justify myself :laugh:

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
The thing with Kenins is that he really did not heal that injury for 100%. The remains of his injury tortured him in the preseason and in the Utica too.That is why he admitted that he did not deserve to play in Canucks from the start of the season.

He cured all injuries, played a game in the Utica and the recall was logical since Bo is struggling and has +/- -12

I hope you are right because the Kenins I saw in pre-season was the same east-west player I saw last season after he got hit really hard. Kenins stopped his heat seeking missle routine, started his overstickhandling routine and got benched as a result.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009

You sound like the real Ronalds ....... Hmmmmmm

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Didn't see much lomotiving out there in his time back so far, and Virtanan and Kenins is about all we've got for players who play that sort of style. Man, remember when our guys played with HEART and PASSION and were tough to play against? It wasn't that long ago. Look at this and compare it to what we ice these days. So much has changed in a few years.

The Canucks threw more crushing hits in that single game than they've delivered in this entire season so far. The Hawks were up to their ears in blue and green jerseys.

Kenins, we need you buddy. We're now a one-line team and can't rely on the same skill level we used to have, so we have to start playing tougher and grittier. Finishing checks, and being strong positionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad