Heshmatpour

Status
Not open for further replies.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
I've seen some people say he is too slow. The story going around about getting beaten in a race by a goalie is not impressive. He has the size and meanness to do well. So, where will he be drafted, AND will he be an impact guy?

CH Wizard

He's overrated !!!

He was ranked 47th (NA skaters)by CSB rankings at a moment.:eek:

I think , I wouldn't draft him , in the 5th or 6th round but that's just me.I think , he doesn't have NHL potential but he'll maybe become a big stay at home defenceman , in the years to come...He'll just need to developpe better then that.

Last edited by a moderator:

theo6060

Feb 7, 2003
Visit site
Based on his size alone he'll be a 2nd or 3rd round pick at worse. But based on talent, he wouldn't get drafted. The guy is slow, his skating is awkward, he's got hands made of stone and he isn't remotely defensively sound.

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
Max Gordichuk was drafted by the Oilers in the 3rd round, and he can't skate and has no puck skills (but he's huge), so I would assume Heshmatpour will go in a similar spot.

Reilly311

Valibik was drafted 10th, so who the hell knows. He could go first overall.

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
Reilly311 said:
Valibik was drafted 10th, so who the hell knows. He could go first overall.

I was about to say I wouldn't be surprised if we picked up him up somewhere.. ;)

leafaholix*

Whoever drafts him in the top 5 rounds just based on size needs to be shot.

LHJMQFAN

Oct 30, 2004
You are so right! It's a trend to go and draft big and heavy defensemen but you need to have someone mobile that can carry the puck out of your zone if you want your forwards to stand a chance of scoring.... sometimes it looks to me that scouts tend to forget that. I, personnally, would pick a smaller, faster and more talented D before a huge one that can hardly scate and get shifted 9 times out of 10 because he is slow and clumsy. But that is just my opinion and that is why, probably, I am not an NHL scout!

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
When the NHL comes back it is going to be a vastly differant game. They realize that the have to make major changes and they know that this is the time to do it. The day of the big, slow, gropping, defensemen are over. If they can,t skate with speed and latteral movement they will drop to the bottom rounds. Thay will still go after the big players that have skill and can skate but they will pass on the project players!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad