'He's the best player I've seen in the AHL this year'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Graves*

"He's the best player I've seen in the AHL this year. He's an animal."
Bruce Boudreau on Dustin Penner who has the highest PPG in the AHL.

Thanks to Dan Hickling for posting this on the Anaheim board.

Randall Graves*

Chrisd said:
erik westrum?
PPG wise Penner is the best, it's amazing how he has gone from basically a guy who had no shot to make it at all, to a very promising power forward prospect.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Bruce Boudreau, I see.

That man who lost in the 1st round of the playoffs with a stacked Manchester Monarchs team. He didn't do much better before either.

Randall Graves*

clefty said:
Well technically, Erik Christensen is.
How many games? I have Penner slightly over Westrum with guys over 20 games played

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
RallyKiller said:
"He's the best player I've seen in the AHL this year. He's an animal."
Bruce Boudreau on Dustin Penner who has the highest PPG in the AHL.

Thanks to Dan Hickling for posting this on the Anaheim board.
When a post like this goes up all repliers appear to have a thumb stuck in their mouths. Penner is an animal! Six NHL games 4 points and 19 shots on goal.
As for Boudreau if you don't know him, look him and then leave your shots. Too bad you don't know that he had a NHL career. I sure would like to see some of you go one on one with him. :yo:

OilerOlli*

For sure he has the best name in the AHL for me...Penner means bum in german Would be nice to see a Penner could make it into the NHL *g*

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
OilerOlli said:
For sure he has the best name in the AHL for me...Penner means bum in german Would be nice to see a Penner could make it into the NHL *g*
Only one name is keeping your head above water. I would like to STURM out of here!.

GO BRUINS GO!! ;)

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
while there are many interesting prospects (Perry, Getzlaf as well as others mentioned), Penner is the most physical of the bunch. he's something like 6'5" and 240 lbs. if he develops the physical aspect, he will be a force. at least i hope so, i have him in a pool. :D

Randall Graves*

isle-ike-it-alot said:
while there are many interesting prospects (Perry, Getzlaf as well as others mentioned), Penner is the most physical of the bunch. he's something like 6'5" and 240 lbs. if he develops the physical aspect, he will be a force. at least i hope so, i have him in a pool. :D
Penner is more power forward than anyone in the ducks system including Ryan. Him being on the ice creates space for everyone else, and he skates through checks like they are nothing. He just has to learn to keep his feet moving at all times.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
I've seen Penner in two games up here and Albany and I am very impressed. He impressed me more than Getzlaf, even. His size and skating ability make him a force. He also has superb playmaking and passing abilities. Yeah, I didn't see him hit too often, but who cares! The overall package is fantastic.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I dunno about that. I've seen Penner, Getzlaf and Perry a few games with the Ducks. Both Getzlaf and Perry have been very impressive. Penner, maybe not as much, but a good looking prospect for sure. Geez can you get any more stacked with power forward prospects than the Ducks? Lupul, Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan, AND Penner!! The Ducks are gonna be a force if they can bring all these guys along and hold onto them. You gotta be happy with that if your a Ducks fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad