Confirmed with Link: He's Back - Brouwer

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I figured we’d sign him as soon we announced the PTO. We need the bodies and I’m sure he can help in some way. But he’s not the player he was last time he was here.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I figured we’d sign him as soon we announced the PTO. I guess it’s fine, but he’s not the guy he was when he scored that playoff goal

I forget why he left after that season. I know he went to Calgary and then went downhill.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
tenor.gif

Perron improved between stints with us, maybe Brouwer will be better this time around :laugh:

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
With Blais out, I fully support this signing. Would much rather have Brouwer than Walker. Kostin should stay, but needs sheltering. Don't worry Kyrou fans, his time will come. No need to rush.
I think we should have kept Maroon. I prefer Walker over Brouwer. I guess if the team thinks Brouwer is the guy they need, I'm good with it. A known quantity.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Well with Blais being out for a bit I'm actually really glad we were able to get Brouwer we could certainly use him, I remember Panger saying he's still in really good shape.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
As long as he's starting out on the 3rd/4th line unless he proves he can help the top 6, i'm ok with it.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Haters ... relax. It's a one year, two way contract. If he sucks we can easily waive/bury him. And again, one year.

Last edited:

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Makes sense with Blais being out. Boy our forward lines are getting thin though. I’d guess:

Schwartz-Schenn-Bozak
Sanford-ROR-Perron
Sunny-Thomas-Kostin(?)
Mac-Barbashev-Brouwer

Gonna have to grind out a lot of 2-1 wins.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
In hindsight, we should have re-signed Maroon.

I thought the same over the summer. Beloved by teammates and the community, earns a million or less... Kind of hard to figure out why they didn't think it was worth bringing Maroon back. I mean Brouwer is getting paid $750k, people are going to say Maroon isn't worth $900k?

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Makes sense with Blais being out. Boy our forward lines are getting thin though. I’d guess:

Schwartz-Schenn-Bozak
Sanford-ROR-Perron
Sunny-Thomas-Kostin(?)
Mac-Barbashev-Brouwer

Gonna have to grind out a lot of 2-1 wins.
We already have been grinding out a lot of 1 goal wins. This is going to be tough.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
It is really unfortunate about Blais, it was really looking like he was headed for a breakout year.

I was against signing Brouwer when the PTO was announced but this is extreme circumstances having multiple long term injuries. I do not think he should even sniff a top6 role though.

If Army isn't going to call up someone I would like to see Sundqvist elevated into the top6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad