Injury Report: Hertl

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
I don't know. Jumbo dominated the puck like that for most of his HOF career and didn't see repeated long term injury until a couple freak incidents in the last couple years. I'm as critical as anyone about butter soft patty but he still played in the NHL and took plenty of big hits without missing significant time. I don't think it was all from avoiding contact.

A lot of it is luck too

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I don't know. Jumbo dominated the puck like that for most of his HOF career and didn't see repeated long term injury until a couple freak incidents in the last couple years. I'm as critical as anyone about butter soft patty but he still played in the NHL and took plenty of big hits without missing significant time. I don't think it was all from avoiding contact.

Fair enough, though jumbo is a size class above hertl imo.

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Love Hertl, but his injury riddled career already is worrysome. He is an integral part of the team, and clearly the team performs better with him in the lineup. I hope he has a long career!

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Nah now that thornton is getting up to par. Gotta go with kane/thornton/pavs for the last 60 odd games.

Thornton and Pavs together doesn’t work. We’ve seen it, they’re too slow on the breakout and if they both get caught deep and there is a turnover up high, hey more odd man rushes because there is 0% chance either of them are getting back in time to help.

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Melker won't be sat with his contract and he won't be traded because no one wants a 4th liner making 2m through next season.

If you're a team that wants to be good, you can't let contracts dictate playing time above talent/output.

If DW is willing to take Paul Martin away and stash him in hte minors to save Pete from himself, he should be willing to do it with Melker as well. Run the line combos that Gackle noted with Gambrell permanently in that RW spot instead of Melker. Put Radil or Chartier in the 13th F spot (I like True here, but I prefer him continuing to get good AHL minutes to develop)

There you go, optimal forward set up front.

68 Z-28

Jul 10, 2007
Under the Tank
If you're a team that wants to be good, you can't let contracts dictate playing time above talent/output.

If DW is willing to take Paul Martin away and stash him in hte minors to save Pete from himself, he should be willing to do it with Melker as well. Run the line combos that Gackle noted with Gambrell permanently in that RW spot instead of Melker. Put Radil or Chartier in the 13th F spot (I like True here, but I prefer him continuing to get good AHL minutes to develop)

There you go, optimal forward set up front.
I am not disagreeing with you just what I expect to see.

I’m just happy that the major issue with the player personelle is down on the 4th line and 1-3 are fairly stable. Replacing a 4th liner is not hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->