Injury Report: Hertl

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Someone on twitter referenced that he got hurt with 7:11 remaining in the 2nd period. You see him get cross checked and it looks like his knee or ankle gets twisted up when you watch it. He skates right off the ice and heads to the tunnel

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Someone on twitter referenced that he got hurt with 7:11 remaining in the 2nd period. You see him get cross checked and it looks like his knee or ankle gets twisted up when you watch it. He skates right off the ice and heads to the tunnel
Please no knee stuff. I remember that play now

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Hertl isn’t skating but I like these lines assuming Chartier is centering melker abd goodrow

Reactions: BigDmitriy

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Hertl isn’t skating but I like these lines assuming Chartier is centering melker abd goodrow

The possession ability goes down pretty drastically moving from Hertl to Pavelski and the speed also slightly degrades but this is probably the best option for them with Hertl out.

Reactions: Phu

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
The possession ability goes down pretty drastically moving from Hertl to Pavelski and the speed also slightly degrades but this is probably the best option for them with Hertl out.

Yeah I mean he’s our best possession forward so it didn’t really matter who replaced him on that line. I just like keeping the center depth with Couture- Thornton-Shovels-Chartier down the middle. Best case scenario when you’re missing your 1C

Reactions: Phu

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
patty never dominated the puck physically like hertl does. i don't know if that's the answer but patty's game does lack a physical component that seems to correlate with injury.

I don't know. Jumbo dominated the puck like that for most of his HOF career and didn't see repeated long term injury until a couple freak incidents in the last couple years. I'm as critical as anyone about butter soft patty but he still played in the NHL and took plenty of big hits without missing significant time. I don't think it was all from avoiding contact.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->