Results are only viewable after voting.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
BoldHalfCopperhead-size_restricted.gif

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Not really close? How so?
I mean it kinda comes down to 1st C > 1st line W. Even though Lindholm is versatile and probably could be used as a center he is very unproven. From the viewings I have had of these two players Zibanejad looks like a one man force while Lindholm looks like more of a passenger. Kinda forgot about Hertl here.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I mean it kinda comes down to 1st C > 1st line W. Even though Lindholm is versatile and probably could be used as a center he is very unproven. From the viewings I have had of these two players Zibanejad looks like a one man force while Lindholm looks like more of a passenger. Kinda forgot about Hertl here.

You haven't watched a Flames game, have you?

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Two of these players are the best scoring forwards on their respective teams. The other plays with Johnny Gaudreau.

Lindholm was playing with Backlund and Frolik for the past couple days and was averaging 1 or 2 points in every game with them.

Lindholm isn't the same guy he was with Carolina, he's the guy everyone thought he'd be when he was drafted 5th overall 6 years ago, an offensive (and defensive) stud.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Lindholm was playing with Backlund and Frolik for the past couple days and was averaging 1 or 2 points in every game with them.

Lindholm isn't the same guy he was with Carolina, he's the guy everyone thought he'd be when he was drafted 5th overall 6 years ago, an offensive (and defensive) stud.

And that’s fine, I’m not saying Lindholm isn’t awesome. But the other two guys have been doing it all season with much less help than Lindholm.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
And that’s fine, I’m not saying Lindholm isn’t awesome. But the other two guys have been doing it all season with much less help than Lindholm.

Lindholm is a huge reason why Monahan and Gaudreau are having career years. He has contributed just as much to that line as Gaudreau has contributed to him.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Lindholm is a huge reason why Monahan and Gaudreau are having career years. He has contributed just as much to that line as Gaudreau has contributed to him.

Again, I’m not arguing that Gaudreau isn’t benefiting from Lindholm. But Gaudreau is flat out twice the player any linemate Hertl or Zibanejad has had all season is, and so is Monahan for that matter. Additionally, Lindholm has 24 PP points, which is twice what Hertl has .

Again, to reiterate: Lindholm is obviously very good. But if you swapped him with Hertl or Zibanejad, the latter two would have just as good results or better (in my opinion). He is in a better position to succeed than either of the other two.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Zibanejad for me.

Last years body of work is more significant imo. That said, if this is the new Lindholm going forward I could flip on that. I do prefer Zibanejad's playing style though, C, more of a powerfwd who carries his line and imo a better goal scorer. Lindholm is doing great though.

Hertl is also in the conversation of course. Three very good players who have improved a lot in these last seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad