GalchenyukDanaultScherbak
LehkonenKarlssonShaw
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Just signed Kane, don't think trading Hertl who can actually play center for another LW is a good idea. We'd then have Pavelski, Couture and Pacioretty all expiring at the same time and needing raises. I think if Montreal wants to get a #1C they should look to a team that isn't the Sharks, as the Sharks are after the same thing.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Just signed Kane, don't think trading Hertl who can actually play center for another LW is a good idea. We'd then have Pavelski, Couture and Pacioretty all expiring at the same time and needing raises. I think if Montreal wants to get a #1C they should look to a team that isn't the Sharks, as the Sharks are after the same thing.
Isn't Hertl mostly playing wing? I thought Hertl to the C position was not a thing anymore?

Kcoyote3

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Isn't Hertl mostly playing wing? I thought Hertl to the C position was not a thing anymore?
He plays wing now, but he takes all the draws on the Couture line and often times it is difficult to really call Couture the C on that line. Hertl actually took the most faceoffs on the entire team last year.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
He plays wing now, but he takes all the draws on the Couture line and often times it is difficult to really call Couture the C on that line. Hertl actually took the most faceoffs on the entire team last year.
So he is more a winger good at draws than an actual C? Is that correct?

Kcoyote3

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
So he is more a winger good at draws than an actual C? Is that correct?
For now yeah that's pretty accurate. However in the future without Jumbo, Hertl at center could become a very real thing. In my opinion he plays just as well at center as he does wing, but not everyone shares that opinion.

Reactions: Deam78

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
Absolutely not. You can have Karlsson and Rod, though.

Hertl plays wing, but can be used as a center and does well when asked to. He's versatile. Most Shark fans have wanted him to be a center for years, but they have so many that they use his versatility and put him on the wing.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
No, Sharks are not trading Hertl unless he is absolutely demanded as the #1 piece of a very fair value package for a true elite #1C or #1D.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Absolutely no way in hell.

Hertl is coming off a dominant playoff run where he scored 6 goals in 10 games. Pacioretty has less than twice that amount of goals in almost four times as many career playoff games. Hertl has eight more points in five more career playoff games than Pacioretty.

Hertl is the definition of a playoff player. Never mind that Pacioretty is a year from UFA. Brutal prosposal.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Habs are not looking to move Patches for another winger that couldn't cut it at C. We already have that.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Habs are not looking to move Patches for another winger that couldn't cut it at C. We already have that.
This definitely makes me feel better to know that you don’t watch the Sharks because Hertl has pushed Couture to wing because he’s that good at C.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Hard no from the Sharks on this head scratcher. First, we just signed Kane long terms so Patches would be redundant. The notion of team need usually plays prominently in trades, and he is simply not a need. Hertl has a lot of value to the Sharks as he can play C which may be needed in the post-Thornton era. Not to mention Patches is a playoff no show.

Now, something around Melker and Byron is something we could discuss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad