Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2020-2021 Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
How do you guys think the defense pairings will go when Alexeyev returns? Will the 1st definitely go Alexeyev-Fehervary?

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
How do you guys think the defense pairings will go when Alexeyev returns? Will the 1st definitely go Alexeyev-Fehervary?
Maybe. Or they split Fehervary and AA up with LaDue and Schilling to give them a steady vet d partner. Left side would hypothetically s AA, Schilling, Nardella (if back), LuJo (if healthy)

Reactions: tenken00

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I wouldn't return if was Alexeyev. He has a pretty significant role on his current team. I'd ask Maclellan to leave me where I am until he needs me for the main team's duties.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I wouldn't return if was Alexeyev. He has a pretty significant role on his current team. I'd ask Maclellan to leave me where I am until he needs me for the main team's duties.
So you’d rather he sit at home if his team gets bounced early in the playoffs. That seems like a great idea for a young defenseman’s development!

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
So you’d rather he sit at home if his team gets bounced early in the playoffs. That seems like a great idea for a young defenseman’s development!
Nah, I want him to continue playing big minutes and getting comfortable with pro hockey rather than returning and getting beat up like Johansen or migrating between taxi squad and Hershey. Sure you think it's a good idea but I beg to differ. Also my post was implying that he shouldn't be returning to play in Hershey next year, not 5 games at the end of the season that nobody cares about. He has settled in pretty well back home, there's no need getting him back over the ocean and not giving a spot on the Capitals. Hershey sure hasn't helped any of their young defensemen to make it to the show since freakin Connor Carrick lmao.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Nah, I want him to continue playing big minutes and getting comfortable with pro hockey rather than returning and getting beat up like Johansen or migrating between taxi squad and Hershey. Sure you think it's a good idea but I beg to differ. Also my post was implying that he shouldn't be returning to play in Hershey next year, not 5 games at the end of the season that nobody cares about. He has settled in pretty well back home, there's no need getting him back over the ocean and not giving a spot on the Capitals. Hershey sure hasn't helped any of their young defensemen to make it to the show since freakin Connor Carrick lmao.
If Alexeyev gets bounced in the first round of the Gargarin Cup I guarantee he comes back to NA. Hershey still has about 30 games left plus playoffs, where they absolutely are primed for a big playoff run.

Guess you forgot about Siegs and Djoos, who is getting PP1 time in Detroit and playing very well.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
If Alexeyev gets bounced in the first round of the Gargarin Cup I guarantee he comes back to NA. Hershey still has about 30 games left plus playoffs, where they absolutely are primed for a big playoff run.

Guess you forgot about Siegs and Djoos, who is getting PP1 time in Detroit and playing very well.
I mean Siegs really isn't a player right now and things are not looking good for him considering his skill level. Djoos had been drafted the same year as Carrick so not sure why is he even mentioned. Anyways I don't think Alexeyev is a fan of Djoos' career trajectory with 5-6 years spent in the minors then bouncing between the teams like a pinball machine and eventually landing on the worst team in the league.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I mean Siegs really isn't a player right now and things are not looking good for him considering his skill level. Djoos had been drafted the same year as Carrick so not sure why is he even mentioned. Anyways I don't think Alexeyev is a fan of Djoos' career trajectory with 5-6 years spent in the minors then bouncing between the teams like a pinball machine and eventually landing on the worst team in the league.
No but I think he would be more comparable to the trajectory of a Carlson or Alzner who were 1st round picks. Hershey’s only other 1st round draft pick that was a defenseman since those two was Johansen who isn’t a bust due to his play but due to the fact he’s a walking injury.

It’s not like the defenseman that were in Hershey were expected to be NHL players. Hershey has had guys like Colby Williams, Connor Hobbs, Kris Bindulis, Tyler Lewington and Madison Bowey. Out of that crew id call Lewington a decent success given he was a 7th rounder and started his career in the ECHL. Bowey had high expectations due to his draft position but his hockey IQ was his ultimate downfall. He wasn’t good.

Then there’s the “new” wave of Fehervary, AA, and Nardella and they all have done very well for themselves so far.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Draft busts and injuries go hand in hand.
For some if not many, yes. Some dudes are just a miss or they don't develop physically or they were physically dominant in juniors but didn't have much to offer once they're playing against like-sized men. Others have terrible coaching or were rushed in their development. The most frustrating are the guys like LuJo, I think... at least from a fan's perspective.

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
I find the "McMichael in the A" situation fascinating, simply because this is the first time I can think of where a CHL player who has been described as "too good for junior, not quite ready for the bigs" has been able to play in the AHL. It seems that it's the best level for him to be at right now, and it's stage certainly isn't too big for him.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
I find the "McMichael in the A" situation fascinating, simply because this is the first time I can think of where a CHL player who has been described as "too good for junior, not quite ready for the bigs" has been able to play in the AHL. It seems that it's the best level for him to be at right now, and it's stage certainly isn't too big for him.
although its unfortunate circumstances that permit him to be with hershey, thank god he's there

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
KakaoTalk_20210301_150033864.jpg

5-1-2 in February. Not bad, not bad at all coming back after almost a year off and large offseason turnover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->