Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2020-2021 Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I don’t. I’d rather him be practicing and witnessing what the big boys are doing (witness their training, their nutritional commitments, their game study, etc etc).

20 some odd games against kids isn’t going to do squat for him. Like zero.
While I do agree, it's maybe not so cut and dry. Playing a lot of minutes in all situations, even on easy mode, could improve his endurance. He also may not get as good an up close experience due to COVID protocols. For instance, they don't do full film study sessions I don't think.

That said, I do agree it's better to keep him up at the pro level. If nothing else it guards against the possibility he's unavailable to them perhaps for the rest of the season depending on how the OHL proceeds on a playoff structure and the Memorial Cup. It sounds like they're at least six weeks away from a restart with no firm plan established yet so he'll probably have at least another couple weeks before it's a factor.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
While I do agree, it's maybe not so cut and dry. Playing a lot of minutes in all situations, even on easy mode, could improve his endurance. He also may not get as good an up close experience due to COVID protocols. For instance, they don't do full film study sessions I don't think.

That said, I do agree it's better to keep him up at the pro level. If nothing else it guards against the possibility he's unavailable to them perhaps for the rest of the season depending on how the OHL proceeds on a playoff structure and the Memorial Cup. It sounds like they're at least six weeks away from a restart with no firm plan established yet so he'll probably have at least another couple weeks before it's a factor.
Now that you mention it, COVID protocols might be exactly the reason I keep him up. If you can avoid it you don't trust some 16-17 year old kid on the team to be responsible for your draft stock, I'd rather keep him close on the taxi squad with relatively hands-on understanding and handling of his exposure than trusting his OHL teammates to do the right things at all times and avoid an outbreak themselves.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Capagonia

Oct 20, 2009
VA
What’s up with Fehervary? Missed the last two games. Haven’t seen anything about him being injured.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Sgarbossa hit back to back posts on the same shift. Hershey had to hit 4 or 5 posts overall this game.

McMichael wasn’t nearly as dangerous tonight. I think WBS honed in on him a bit and spent some time scheming against Hershey’s PP.

Kody Clark is back to looking like he was last season, lost in the shuffle of similar wingers. Needs to bring the same energy and skill he brought in game one.

Will Graber scores his first goal. Hershey in dire need of blueline help. They signed a D from SC on a PTO but he must not have made it in time. Fingers crossed for Nardella and AA’s European teams to not make deep runs.

Samsonov was okay. Obviously not the best defensive team in front of him currently, but I think he still looks a little off from his pre covid form.

Reactions: Rayquaza64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad