Speculation: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2019-2020 Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
It would be hilarious if Nardella takes the spot that is supposed to be for Fehervary/Alexeev next season.
He’s not getting ahead of Fever. But could push AA for call up next year if he continues to progress. But my money is still on AA. Gotta assume Gudas is gone next year. Think we would resign Dillon?

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
He’s not getting ahead of Fever. But could push AA for call up next year if he continues to progress. But my money is still on AA. Gotta assume Gudas is gone next year. Think we would resign Dillon?
Thus far I don't like Dillon. Like at all. Don't know what people has been marvelling about when it comes to him but he looks like slightly upgraded Mike Weber.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Thus far I don't like Dillon. Like at all. Don't know what people has been marvelling about when it comes to him but he looks like slightly upgraded Mike Weber.
He brings a physical presence. No offense for sure. Doesn’t seem to have found his game in the Caps system as of yet. Definitely not a first pair guy.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
He brings a physical presence. No offense for sure. Doesn’t seem to have found his game in the Caps system as of yet. Definitely not a first pair guy.
He's another guy who doesn't shoot the puck. The only D they have that can and often does shoot the puck is Carlson. Orlov doesn't do that enough. Jensen, Siege and Dillon just don't have the ability. Kempny is struggling overall. They need more shooters from the back end. If not that then at least the guy who can support the offense on a consistent basis. That's why the Nardella option is looking tempting right now.

Reactions: DWGie26

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
That was great until the giant wuss move by Milner.

talked big, goaded the opponent to step up after he dusted his guy, then wait for a teammate to jump in over the ref, then throw a few shots.....

I think the other side of this is really just maximizing tactical awareness before striking, hah.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

St. Louis agrees to an agreement with Springfield's AHL franchise. Rumblings that Charlotte and Carolina are going to be splitting up and Florida going with Charlotte's AHL team. Leaves the Chicago Wolves to Carolina

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
So he can collect hockey welfare checks again?

That probably wasn't necessary.

Just kind of fed up with LuJo. I guess I'm more frustrated by the lack of info when it comes down to his injuries more so than the injuries themselves.

When players are gone for like 5 months with an undisclosed injury and no time table a few times within the span of a few years, you start to wonder.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I mean if it’s cheap, you only bail on him if you’ve lost faith in him organizationally. Dude is still only 22....23 in November. I’d sign him to a 2 year deal on the cheap and hope he gets on track.

Reactions: Hinterland

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I mean if it’s cheap, you only bail on him if you’ve lost faith in him organizationally. Dude is still only 22....23 in November. I’d sign him to a 2 year deal on the cheap and hope he gets on track.

That would depend entirely how he does for the last few weeks of the season, if he is even out there. I'm not sure you shake things just for his sake during the actual AHL playoffs with the D corps set and playing together effectively for a full season.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
That would depend entirely how he does for the last few weeks of the season, if he is even out there. I'm not sure you shake things just for his sake during the actual AHL playoffs with the D corps set and playing together effectively for a full season.

I think the analysis goes way beyond the rest of this season. Can he recover? Do they believe in him? Does he have the work ethic to overcome injuries and be a guy who can make the NHL at maybe 24? These are things only the people who work with him every day can come close to knowing. I think if they let him go, it speaks to those questions.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
LuJo is not waivers-exempt next season. Either he’s starting out the year as a #7, traded, or going on waivers. That’s if they qualify him this summer.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

St. Louis agrees to an agreement with Springfield's AHL franchise. Rumblings that Charlotte and Carolina are going to be splitting up and Florida going with Charlotte's AHL team. Leaves the Chicago Wolves to Carolina

Help me understand what happens to the players here, the draft picks that belong to the NHL club. Do they move over to the new AHL team? I wasn't paying much attention during the years when the Caps left Hershey for Portland then came back. Seems like a lot of turmoil.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Help me understand what happens to the players here, the draft picks that belong to the NHL club. Do they move over to the new AHL team? I wasn't paying much attention during the years when the Caps left Hershey for Portland then came back. Seems like a lot of turmoil.
Any players that have an NHL contract would move from San Antonio to Springfield next season.

Not sure what happens if San Antonio has any AHL contract players with term left since San Antonio's franchise was purchased by Vegas. I'd assume they could either be released from the contract or they head to the new affiliate in Henderson, NV

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
LuJo is not waivers-exempt next season. Either he’s starting out the year as a #7, traded, or going on waivers. That’s if they qualify him this summer.

Qualify.....what the rule on that? Might be a no qualify and renegotiate deal....nobody is claiming him honestly lol...

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
True... he is not. Neither is Connor Hobbs, Colby Williams, Lewington, Gershich, and probably others. Sprong is already on a one-way contract. They will get cut in camp and nobody will pick them up. Once in Hershey, they will be locked up. he is worth still having if for nothing but depth in Hershey and the possibility that he develops for a trade or callup. Need the bodies and he is at least known.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

LuJo and Kessy both practicing in regular jerseys. Kessy had that horrible head injury from his fight a few weeks back. Glad to see him back as well.

Last edited:

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
True... he is not. Neither is Connor Hobbs, Colby Williams, Lewington, Gershich, and probably others. Sprong is already on a one-way contract. They will get cut in camp and nobody will pick them up. Once in Hershey, they will be locked up. he is worth still having if for nothing but depth in Hershey and the possibility that he develops for a trade or callup. Need the bodies and he is at least known.
Hobbs and Williams will not be back in the organization. I can see Lewington coming back if he doesn’t get an opportunity somewhere else (Europe or NHL/AHL guaranteed money).

Gersich is a wild card. He’s probably back on a one year deal but I wouldn’t be shocked if they move on just because of the amount of prospects that need playing time in Hershey

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
So potentially a big overhaul in Hershey next year....

Gersich (other than Lujo) most disappointing to me so far. Thought we had a player...

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
So potentially a big overhaul in Hershey next year....

Gersich (other than Lujo) most disappointing to me so far. Thought we had a player...

Yeah, not sure who is more disappointing between Gersich and Barber. Both guys seemed like diamonds in the rough that we stole in later rounds.

Just goes to show how hard it is to project talent at the highest level. Most of these draft picks are essentially lottery tickets with little chance of turning into anything.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad