Speculation: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2019-2020 Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I'd target Casey Bailey regardless of Stephenson/Boyd making it through waivers. 6 foot 4 inches and can play both center and right wing. Former 20 goal scorer in the AHL who has spent the majority of his career playing in the same division as Hershey. His versatility would be ideal. They still have room for one regular vet and one exempt vet at the moment.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Dear Hershey Bears offline fans, please, tell me who are our best PK forwards this year?

Do PK pairs look like this so far:

1) Axel Jonsson Fjällby (LW/RW)
1) Mike Sgarbossa (C)

2) Brett Leason (RW)
2) Shane Gersich (C/LW)

3) Beck Malenstyn (LW)
3) Garrett Pilon (C)

?

Last edited:

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Dear Hershey Bears offline fans, please, tell me who are our best PK forwards this year?

Do PK pairs look like this so far:

1) Axel Jonsson Fjällby (LW/RW)
1) Mike Sgarbossa (C)

2) Brett Leason (RW)
2) Shane Gersich (C/LW)

3) Beck Malenstyn (LW)
3) Garrett Pilon (C)

?
That won’t be sorted out until the season starts. Only one on that list I definitely remember PKing is Malenstyn and he was very good at it. AJF may have gotten some time at the beginning of the year while things were being sorted out but he wasn’t here long enough to solidify a role. I’d expect him to be on the first or second unit.

Gersich got some time towards the end of the season and did fairly well. I’d expect him to be on the penalty kill. Liam O’Brien will definitely be on a unit as well. The other two will probably be two of Pinho, Pilon and Sgarbossa because they’ll need guys who can win a faceoff.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hershey announcing another player signing today. Would expect it to be announced this afternoon. Hopefully one of the guys on my FA big board

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Gersich with Stingrays?
No he will be in the top 9 in Hershey if he isn't in Washington. Bailey is only signed to a PTO (Player Tryout) agreement so he isn't a definite to make the team.

There could be some roster juggling yet with Washington having to get under the Cap so who knows what happens once final cuts come

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I anticipate one of the NHL/AHL bubble forwards will be moved in training camp as the salary cap and waiver pictures settle down. Not that I don't think most of Washington's bubble players could pass through waivers at the beginning of the season (they probably could), but for some of these guys, failing to make the NHL roster will simply be spelling the end of their time with the franchise.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Leason, Sutter and Clark seem much more likely to be impacted by Bailey & Stephenson potentially. Clark ought to head back to the OHL for another year vs. the ECHL but there may be just enough room for the other two (albeit in bottom six roles and even in those roles they'll have ample competition). If Bailey makes it then I'm not sure Leason gets PP time and that could be kind of a rough role initially for a player like him.

Stephenson or O'Brien could be moved to clear out room for the prospects but even moving both might just thin the bottom six ranks more than anything. The top six is probably something like Gersich-Maillet-Moulson and then Snively-Sgarbossa-Bailey/Leason.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I hope they fast track Leason and give him PP and top-6 time. If he plays well he could be in DC next year. Sutter and Malenstyn intrigue me as well. Will be a fun season to watch some yutes.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Clark should definitely be heading back to juniors. It would be a waste to see him scratched a bunch or in the ECHL versus getting top minutes in the OHL.

There’s going to be healthy competition among all players to get into the lineup which is very good IMO. I don’t think Bailey forces Leason off the PP quite yet. The Bears used a lot of different combinations last year for their PP units and the majority of the roster spent some sort of time on the PP throughout the year. Losing both Barber and Walker from the first unit means lots of competition there as well.

Bailey is only on a PTO which is intriguing. I’m wondering if that’s because the Caps/Bears are unsure if Stephenson/Boyd get sent down and clear waivers

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hershey announcing more player signings today. Signings meaning more than one. I’d expect these few signings to be either SC guys or PTOs for depth purposes

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Would guess he's slated for South Carolina primarily, but perhaps could end up as 4C if Sutter and Pinho are both on the wing.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
It actually makes the Bailey signing more interesting. If Sutter slides to the wing that leaves Sgarbossa-Maillet-Pilon-Weis down the middle. I’d guess Bailey primarily gets used at RW if he indeed makes the team. That line of thinking further backs the point that Clark should return to juniors

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
I made some changes to my team:

Chandler Stephenson (LW) - Mike Sgarbossa (C) - Matt Moulson (LW/RW)
Shane Gersich (LW) - Philippe Maillet (C) - Brett Leason (RW)
Axel Jonsson Fjällby (LW) - Garrett Pilon (C) - Liam O'Brien (C/LW)
Joe Snively (LW) - Riley Sutter (C/RW) - Beck Malenstyn (LW/RW)
Kale Kessy (LW), Brian Pinho (C), Casey Bailey (RW/C)

Alexander Alexeyev (D) - Erik Burgdoerfer (D)
Jonas Siegenthaler (D) - Connor Hobbs (D)
Bobby Nardella (D) - Tommy Hughes (D)
Tobias Geisser (D), Colby Williams (D)

Pheonix Copley (G)
Vitek Vanecek (G)

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I made some changes to my team:

Chandler Stephenson (LW) - Mike Sgarbossa (C) - Matt Moulson (LW/RW)
Shane Gersich (LW) - Philippe Maillet (C) - Brett Leason (RW)
Axel Jonsson Fjällby (LW) - Garrett Pilon (C) - Liam O'Brien (C/LW)
Joe Snively (LW) - Riley Sutter (C/RW) - Beck Malenstyn (LW/RW)
Kale Kessy (LW), Brian Pinho (C), Casey Bailey (RW/C)

Alexander Alexeyev (D) - Erik Burgdoerfer (D)
Jonas Siegenthaler (D) - Connor Hobbs (D)
Bobby Nardella (D) - Tommy Hughes (D)
Tobias Geisser (D), Colby Williams (D)

Pheonix Copley (G)
Vitek Vanecek (G)

Where's future Hall of Famer Martin Fehervary?

Let me guess, he's the one that bumped Siege out of a roster spot?

Reactions: hb12xchamps

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

Hershey added more forward depth yesterday. Looking like they don't want a repeat of last season where they constantly were signing guys to PTOs from other ECHL teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad