Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hershey Bears

Opening Night Roster

Coaches: Troy Mann, Bryan Helmer, Ryan Murphy

Captains: Garrett Mitchell (C), Mike Moore (A), Chris Bourque (A), Zach Sill (A)

G: Dan Ellis, Justin Peters

D: Madison Bowey, Erik Burgdoerfer, Connor Carrick, Christian Djoos, Mike Moore, Aaron Ness, Ryan Stanton

F:Riley Barber, Travis Boyd, Chris Bourque, Carter Camper, Paul Carey, Sean Collins, Dustin Gazley, Caleb Herbert, Garrett Mitchell, Liam O’Brien, Chandler Stephenson, Zach Sill, Jakub Vrana, Nathan Walker

AHL vets: Moore (NHL contract), Bourque (NHL contract), Sill (NHL contract), Stanton (NHL contract)
Exempt vets: Ness (NHL contract), Camper (NHL contract)

South Carolina Stingrays

Opening Night Roster

Coaches: Spencer Carbery, Ryan Warsofsky

F: Joe Devin, Brett Cameron, Kyle Kraemer, Max Sauve, Austin Fyten, Patrick Gaul, Pete Massar, Colin Mulvey, Andrew Johnston, Trevor Gillies, David Pacan, Jared Staal

D: Reid Campbell, Nick Jones, Nick D'Agostino, Joey Leach, Marcus Perrier, Bobby Shea, Wade Epp, Brendan Ellis, Tyler Lewington

G: Vitek Vanecek, Mark Dekanich

Last edited:

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Signings

Hershey

NHL Contracts:

F: Riley Barber, Travis Boyd, Chris Bourque, Carter Camper, Paul Carey, Caleb Herbet, Garrett Mitchell, Liam O'Brien, Zach Sill, Chandler Stephenson, Jakub Vrana, Nathan Walker
D: Madison Bowey, Connor Carrick, Christian Djoos, Tyler Lewington, Mike Moore, Aaron Ness, Ryan Stanton

G: Justin Peters, Dan Ellis

AHL Contracts:

F: Dustin Gazely, Austin Fyten, Max Sauve
D: Erik Burgdoerfer, Joey Leach, Bobby Shea

AHL vets: Moore (NHL contract), Bourque (NHL contract), Sill (NHL contract), Stanton (NHL contract)
Exempt vets: Ness (NHL contract), Camper (NHL contract)

South Carolina

Signings:

F: Brett Cameron, Derek DeBlois, Joe Devin, Patrick Gaul, Trevor Gillies, Kyle Kraemer, Sergio Somma, David Pacan, Miles Koules (Tryout), Cole Wilson (Tryout)
D: Nick D'Agostino, Brendan Ellis, Wade Epp, Marcus Perrier, Nick Jones
G: Vitek Vanecek (Expected as full time goalie for SC, NHL contract), David Jacobson (Try Out Agreement), Mark Dekanich

Free Agents

Signed Overseas: Tomas Kundratek, Casey Wellman, Tim Kennedy, Michal Cajkovsky, Joel Broda, Dane Byers, Phillipe Cornet

Signed Elsewhere: Steve Oleksy (Pittsburgh, 1 year), Chris Conner (Philadelphia, 2 years), J. O'Brien (New Jersey, 1 year), Cameron Schilling (Chicago, 2 years, 2nd year 1 way), Kris Newbury (L.A. Kings, 1 year), Garrett Haar (Alaska Aces), Joe Diamond (Manchester Monarchs)

FA: Jon Landry, Tim Spencer

Last edited:

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
With the trade of Copely and the likely promotion of Grubauer/Peters demotion so you think Vanacek get's more time in Hershey or would they keep him busy ins SC instead and sign a FA to backup Peters?

Lurch

Apr 11, 2011
Central PA / Central Florida
This offseason blows so far for the Bears. Hope Doug has some AHL only contract magic up his sleeve because it looks like the Caps are forgetting about their "pipeline" again.

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
This offseason blows so far for the Bears. Hope Doug has some AHL only contract magic up his sleeve because it looks like the Caps are forgetting about their "pipeline" again.

Chris Bourque should be a huge offensive boost, right?

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Chris Bourque should be a huge offensive boost, right?

Hershey should have Vrana, Barber, Bowey, Djoos, Carrick, Boyd, Walker, Stephenson, Herbert, and Galiev from the Caps' pipeline, IINM. Not to mention a goalie that's been a full-time NHLer the last several seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
I am not sure how someone views these last few days as a negative for Washington or Hershey. NHL trades, NHL and NHL/AHL signings, etc.

As to AHL-only signings and AHL/ECHL signings, they will happen as they do every year.

Outside of resolving the goalie issue for HBH, which is doable. A year ago people were concerned about Copley as a back-up, he was an unknown in terms of how he would handle the AHL.

I expect Vanecek in SC, and that was noted by Leone in talking to the coaching staff yesterday, as well.

I think Chorney has a possibility to be in Hershey but that is the unknown of the Washington D depth vs waivers to AHL.

hb11, any chance you could alpha the roster list by last name when you get a chance? easier to review/update over time. thx in advance.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Yingst said to expect more signings.

Personally I disagree with Lurch. This has been a good offseason for both organizations so far and the Bears finally have an influx of prospects. The Bears have so many prospects that some will be demoted to SC, which is great for organizational depth.

I expect a goalie signing and the last vet spot to be a C that can play in the top 6.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Yeah, the only real concern I'd have with the Bears right now is goalie. To a lesser extent the blueline if Washington suffers injuries, but when healthy it should be solid.

PucksInDeep

Oct 1, 2014
I'm expecting Vrana and Bourque together will be dynamite, very interested to see how that goes

Lurch

Apr 11, 2011
Central PA / Central Florida
Guys, it's Lurch. All he does is complain about Washington not supplying the Bears with enough talent.

Last time I spoke with Doug Yingst he said the same thing. But I guess you speak with him frequently as well? In fact, Washington's treatment of Hershey which included costs Caps push down to the AHL club that no other team pays and the pipeline were huge issues the had to be sorted out before the affiliation was renewed. The change in Caps management went a long way last year in strengthening the relationship, but work needs to be done.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Ooooh, name dropping. That lends tons of credence to the argument.

No reasonable case can be made the Washington hasn't given Hershey enough. If one could, the affiliation certainly wouldn't have been renewed.

The Bears will be loaded with talent at all positions with Caps' prospects. Not sure what else one could want.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Ellis and Peters will be a more than capable tandem in net for next season. Hopefully no one plucks Peters off of waivers, but I doubt it at this point. Next step, sign another vet C that can play in the top 6

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Jason Krog was released today by his team in Austria. I wonder if he ends up a Hershey Bear. One of the premier players in the AHL and still put up 38 points in 47 games last season in Austria.

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Ellis and Peters will be a more than capable tandem in net for next season. Hopefully no one plucks Peters off of waivers, but I doubt it at this point. Next step, sign another vet C that can play in the top 6

Do you think they roll with Ellis/Peters or would they just release/loan Peters and go with Ellis and Asmundson? Caps seems to like to have a young guy getting minutes in the A most of the time.

PucksInDeep

Oct 1, 2014
Do you think they roll with Ellis/Peters or would they just release/loan Peters and go with Ellis and Asmundson? Caps seems to like to have a young guy getting minutes in the A most of the time.

I think if Vanecek or Asmundson play well enough to merit time in Hershey they will make room for them. But Ellis/Peters should be the tandem to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->