Post-Game Talk: #HereComeTheOilers

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
There was a time not to long on this season that the Oilers would have done nothing.

That LA game paired with additions of Kane, Vinny and Kostin have changed the whole mind set of the Oilers. Nurse is mean again, Hyman is terror out there, McDrai getting into scuffles.

Night and day.
While I agreed with the whole Nurse playing a smart defensive game first and not focusing on points and going out of his way to be physical. I know think that was a mistake.

Like if what we saw was his shutdown game with the mistakes he was making. I rather see an angry Nurse that takes a few more stupid penalties, but is doing so because he's keeping players in check. Not like wasn't taking stupid penalties anyway.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
The truth is somewhere in the middle between the reactions then and the reactions now.

This team, CAN be very good. This team can also be very bad. Its a flaw with how our roster is built to some extent, mostly the defense. Now its looking like the team can for sure keep a playoff spot with the current roster but improvements need to be made to help us be a more consistent team.
It’s not a flaw with how it’s built. It’s a flaw of not enough buy in. I notice that they all started to walk a little taller when kostin and Vinny started playing a more assertive game. Loved it that kostin just decided to take coles check, for instance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
There was a time not to long on this season that the Oilers would have done nothing.

That LA game paired with additions of Kane, Vinny and Kostin have changed the whole mind set of the Oilers. Nurse is mean again, Hyman is terror out there, McDrai getting into scuffles.

Night and day.

I liked how in the scrum after when Kane got hit from behind Nurse immediately had his back and as soon as Kane noticed what was going on he launched himself in to have Nurse's in return.

We've been missing that element.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
What a game. talk about getting your monies worth! Like it’s been said the news guys are bringing it and leaving all on the ice. Eating some crow with a few others I’m sure.

Reactions: Oilhawks

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I liked how in the scrum after when Kane got hit from behind Nurse immediately had his back and as soon as Kane noticed what was going on he launched himself in to have Nurse's in return.

We've been missing that element.
It's interesting what brings it out. It was just a few weeks ago that the team had no interest in standing up for their mates. I give Kostin a lot of credit for slowly bringing the boys back into the fight. It starts with one guy, then another joins in, and all of sudden they are back to a pack mentality.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
It’s not a flaw with how it’s built. It’s a flaw of not enough buy in. I notice that they all started to walk a little taller when kostin and Vinny started playing a more assertive game. Loved it that kostin just decided to take coles check, for instance.
It's built much better now, but you have to admit, before Vinny and Klim came here in trades/callups, it wasn't a properly constructed lineup that lacked grit badly.

Reactions: bellagiobob

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
It's built much better now, but you have to admit, before Vinny and Klim came here in trades/callups, it wasn't a properly constructed lineup that lacked grit badly.
Effective grit gets paid. We spent all of our allowance on effete skill.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I have followed darts my whole life (No I have no explanation why), and this is literally insane. Someone asked for a hockey comparable and maybe it would be like two goalies in the Stanley Cup Final and going into overtime tied 0-0 with both goalies with 40 saves each and one of them losing on a long shot from the blueline post and in?
I'm going to UK for a tourney. Im paying the money and sitting right in the Mosh Pit. I shot in a tourney Saturday and I was terrible. Had to snow blow 2 driveways before I went and snow was heavy. Pretty stiff when I got there. I drank enough, thats for sure

Always loved watching darts!! Onnneee Hundred and Twentyyyy!

I was a casual fan of Tampa back in the days of Marty St. Louis. But man this current version is tough to like. Their antics with the tee-shirts touting their flagrant cap violation was a real sign of arrogance. Kucherov seems to be the ring leader in that regard.
Kucherov seems like a weasel

Travis093

Travis
May 5, 2012
Saskatoon
It's interesting what brings it out. It was just a few weeks ago that the team had no interest in standing up for their mates. I give Kostin a lot of credit for slowly bringing the boys back into the fight. It starts with one guy, then another joins in, and all of sudden they are back to a pack mentality.
I said the turning point of the season was the LA game where there was 3 fights. Looks like I was right

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad