Here is my Early 2013 draft top 60...

0123456789*

I see Zboril more like Tomas Pacanda(small 92 born winger from Plzen).
Stencel hasn´t impressed me much so far, I like his teammate Alex Pisarik more.

You have to remember that he is late born so at the start of the season he just turned 15. Your right that he might not grow enough but at the same time he is at the point of his life where he is due for his major growth spurt regardless of how physically developed he is. I would give him another year to write him off due to size because he has been good based on what I see(I havent been out there this year) and has really been racking up penalty minuits as a midget and played a few games in juniors and scored a few goals.

At the start of the season he was listed as 165cm and 70 something kg. At his age he could still easily put on 15cm with a late growth spurt. I think once he turns 16 at the start of next season then you can start worrying about his final size if he hasnt had a large growth spurt start by then.

Edit: If in 3.5 years of his prime teen years Zboril only grows 2cm to be Pacandas height then I will be shocked. The average person his age still has about 8cm more to go, and 50% grow more than that. If he is simply late which can be the case even if he looks mature he can easily get another 12-13cm and with a large late spurt he can get much more than that.

Having said all that at this point he is a midget and if he doesnt grow he has no future regardless of his play.

Last edited by a moderator:

0123456789*

Good D but only time will tell if he is NHL prospect.
It´s nonsense that he should knock on the door of junior team, as 95 born, he is still underager and youngest player on Liberec midget team.

I didnt mean he should be playing full time in juniors but in Czech republic at this point if he is to be really good he should be dominating midgets enough to warrant a few games in juniors. Especially for a player that has been good early and matured early, I just get the feeling that everyone is catching up to him. As far as I know I thought he was around 6'3 last year already so really big.

Rshields

Oct 23, 2009
Ryan Pulock

Ryan Pulock finnished the U-17 tourney as the clear choice as #2 dman behind Pouliot on team west. There wasn't a lot of diference and Pouliot deserved his place on the all star team as he was at another level.
Already logs more time in the Dub than most 2011 prospects and has a extra year to develop.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Put there also Matej Paulovic (78 kg / 172 lbs, 187 cm / 6'2")

class 1995, 44 points in 26 games in U18 Slovak league

more talented, that Reway and Torok.... And he is comming from Topolcany, the city where Miroslav Satan and Lubomir Visnovsky were born and began to play icehockey.

pouskin74*

Then don't post in this thread if you think so.

:) its fun but not more than that because we dont have any inter.tournament to compare these guys, so how can you put all these people on the list? BTW i am not bashing this thread but just saying too early to make a proper list. there is so many players who are better than people on this list put they arent in there just because listmaker dosnt know them. however no offense.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
I didnt mean he should be playing full time in juniors but in Czech republic at this point if he is to be really good he should be dominating midgets enough to warrant a few games in juniors. Especially for a player that has been good early and matured early, I just get the feeling that everyone is catching up to him. As far as I know I thought he was around 6'3 last year already so really big.

Beranek is 6´0 at best.
Only a few 94´born players play in juniors and none of 95´. Even majority of 93´born players play U-18 Extraleague instead of in juniors.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
You have to remember that he is late born so at the start of the season he just turned 15. Your right that he might not grow enough but at the same time he is at the point of his life where he is due for his major growth spurt regardless of how physically developed he is. I would give him another year to write him off due to size because he has been good based on what I see(I havent been out there this year) and has really been racking up penalty minuits as a midget and played a few games in juniors and scored a few goals.

At the start of the season he was listed as 165cm and 70 something kg. At his age he could still easily put on 15cm with a late growth spurt. I think once he turns 16 at the start of next season then you can start worrying about his final size if he hasnt had a large growth spurt start by then.

Edit: If in 3.5 years of his prime teen years Zboril only grows 2cm to be Pacandas height then I will be shocked. The average person his age still has about 8cm more to go, and 50% grow more than that. If he is simply late which can be the case even if he looks mature he can easily get another 12-13cm and with a large late spurt he can get much more than that.

Having said all that at this point he is a midget and if he doesnt grow he has no future regardless of his play.

I won´t be shocked at all. His body is more of adult man than 15 year old kid. Thick, short and strong legs. Those kind of kids usually don´t grow much. Jana Kana was same case. Pacanda too.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
I personally think Alexander Barkov is a better prospect at the moment than Koivistoinen, Barkov is alredy playing Jr. A at 15 years of age, and putting up solid numbers on a weak Tappara Jr. team (currently almost PPG). It looks like a good draft class for Finland with 5-6 players in the top-60

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
I personally think Alexander Barkov is a better prospect at the moment than Koivistoinen, Barkov is alredy playing Jr. A at 15 years of age, and putting up solid numbers on a weak Tappara Jr. team (currently almost PPG). It looks like a good draft class for Finland with 5-6 players in the top-60

I agree. This thread starter should put himi in top10, he is born 1995 september 2 and still he make points per game now in weak Tappara A-juniors. He is big talented center and i think he will get some icetime this or next year in FNL. :yo: Barkov, Jonatan Tanus and Juuso Ikonen has best points in all time U16 year old players in A Juniors league finland. If you thinking to list players in 2013 draft, they should all be there in first round.

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
This draft will change by a lot come draft time but as of now this is what I see:

1. Nathan MacKinnon—F—SSM U16 5’11/162 16 18 17 35

MacKinnon is had a great U17 tournament. Third in points and goals. Teams are jockeying for the first pick in the Q draft. I am hoping to see him at the Canada Games.

I hate comparing someone so young to someone like Crosby, but there are too many non-talent reasons to do so.

A couple of more pieces on him.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Guess that's a week age group for Sweden...

No, at this stage it's NOT a weak draft for Sweden. Maybe not as deep as the 2012 draft right now, but in VCR and Wallmark they have some true top end potential prospects. And they are both centers, which is a little more important than wingers like the top 2012 draft prospects Collberg and Forsberg.

IkeaMonkey*

Seth Jones is not 6'3". Dude is easily 6'5" pushing 6'6". Pretty nasty slapshot as well. He's gotta bulk up bad though.

KingJet*

I have Bowey in my early 3rd round...when I saw him play he remind me of Shawn Bell where he had all the skills but not the IQ, could have been the games I saw of him but I can only go by what I saw.

Hes 100% Drew Doughty, watch more games, and this kid is completely smart, we was ranked top 5 in the WHL draft but dropped cause He was unsure what route he wanted to take. May have Belle's speed but hes pure Doughty.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
What about Brian Williams and Taylor Fernandez?

These drafts are starting to get pretty american heavy.

Guss

Nov 15, 2008
If Nick Sörensen slips to second round this might just be the deepest draft in history.....

0123456789*

I won´t be shocked at all. His body is more of adult man than 15 year old kid. Thick, short and strong legs. Those kind of kids usually don´t grow much. Jana Kana was same case. Pacanda too.

Well you could be right, sounds allot like me and I know I didnt grow a hell of lot more from around 15(maybe 2 or so cm haha), but as far as he goes you have to give him atleast until 16 or so.

Regarding Michal Beranek his team lists him as 188cm(6'2), although I do admit im starting to be a bit suspect of some of these teams measuring techniques.

GenerationalTalent

Aug 18, 2010
Seth Jones is not 6'3". Dude is easily 6'5" pushing 6'6". Pretty nasty slapshot as well. He's gotta bulk up bad though.

Last night at the u17 he let it go and scored... not sure if he was even over the blue line :naughty:

If Nick Sörensen slips to second round this might just be the deepest draft in history.....

It is extremly diffcult for someone do a ranking this early because of the lack of international tournaments scoutman could view these kids at. Another thing is most of the players have a lack of competition so, its hard to rank players. Scoutman assembled a list that is probably closer to the truth then, any of ous could assemble so don't complain about minor mishaps.

Now could someone give some info on Viktor Crus-Rydberg, playing U20 at age 15 is very impressive.

wolem78

Sep 21, 2008
(D) Mikhail Tikhonov(Rus) - draft top 30. The best defender Russia 1995 year of birth.
(D) Nikita Zadorov(CSKA)
(D) Vladislav Lysenko(AkBars)
(G) Andrei Filonenko(CSKA)
(F) Evgeny Gritsenko(CSKA)
(F) Grigory Dikushin(CSKA)
(F) Vladimir Bryukvin(Dinamo)
(F) Viktor Shakhvorostov(AkBars)
(F) Ruzal Galeev(AkBars)
(F) Alexandr Mokshantsev(Lokomotiv)
(F) Evgeny Zakurin(Lokomotiv)

(F) Alex Zakarlukin(Traktor) - draft top 30 > (F) Valery Nichushkin(Traktor)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad