Here is a question. How many on this board are actually in Washington State?

dylanmacarthur

RonFrancis dēlenda est
Nov 8, 2013
Out in the suburbs of Seattle here.

Grew up playing for Sno-King back in the day; excited to finally have an NHL team!!!

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I haven't been on this board until today but I will be moving to Seattle (surrounding city, not sure which one yet) in about 8 weeks. I have been planning to move out there for almost 2 years. When they announced that Seattle would have a team I was stoked because I could still go to live games! Looking forward to becoming a fan! I won't change my name though... I've been a Coyotes fan since they came to the desert, it's in my blood.

Reactions: Tao Jones

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
In the Vancouver, BC area but I will be following the Kraken this offseason and through both drafts very closely. It's exciting to finally have an alternative in the PNW to the eternally disappointing Canucks. If Seattle plays its cards well and hires a good coaching staff out of the gate they've got a good chance to make some noise in the Pacific. Much of the rest of division is far from strong at the moment.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm contemplating making the Kraken my #1 team after being a life-long Flames fan from Alberta. Something is rotten in the Flames fanbase and they make me embarrassed to be apart of it. I don't think I can quit the Flames completely because after 35+ years it might be apart of my DNA, but I have been saying as long as I can remember that Seattle deserves the NHL and I am excited for them to finally get a team, at worst the Kraken will be my #2 team.

Quackenator

Mar 6, 2018
Poulsbo, Wa
I'm contemplating making the Kraken my #1 team after being a life-long Flames fan from Alberta. Something is rotten in the Flames fanbase and they make me embarrassed to be apart of it. I don't think I can quit the Flames completely because after 35+ years it might be apart of my DNA, but I have been saying as long as I can remember that Seattle deserves the NHL and I am excited for them to finally get a team, at worst the Kraken will be my #2 team.
feel the same way as a ducks fan. My plan is that Kraken gear will reign until the Ducks visit.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

SoulOfTheSea

Apr 13, 2021

Pretty much exactly the same story for me. Except I'm from SK.

Reactions: Lunatik

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Born in Seattle, and was raised there for 15 years of my life before settling in Oregon.

Good to cheer for a team worth cheering for. Go Krakens!

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
I've lived in Spokane, Tacoma, and Vancouver (wa). Currently in Oregon now, but most of my living family still lives in Walla Walla or Yakima.

Grew up playing youth hockey in the 80s, and the first pro Jersey I owned was a Ron Francis Whalers sweater. Was a huge Hartford fan until the day they traded him.

With Francis being hired in Seattle, I am assuming fate is trying to tell me something.

Reactions: sigma six

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Grew up playing youth hockey in the 80s, and the first pro Jersey I owned was a Ron Francis Whalers sweater. Was a huge Hartford fan until the day they traded him.
My favorite NHL jersey, I need buy one eventually. I consider it one of the best sports logos because of the simple elegancy of the design, W + H + whale tail.

Reactions: Irie

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
My favorite NHL jersey, I need buy one eventually. I consider it one of the best sports logos because of the simple elegancy of the design, W + H + whale tail.
The Whalers before they added silver and North Stars before they added black were two of my favorites as a kid. Was really hoping we'd get at least green accents with Seattle, the color scheme they chose really disappointed me.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
The Whalers before they added silver and North Stars before they added black were two of my favorites as a kid. Was really hoping we'd get at least green accents with Seattle, the color scheme they chose really disappointed me.
Agree, the logo is cool, the colors not so much. Still much better than the retro third jerseys teams are wearing this season, half of them look like pajamas.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Agree, the logo is cool, the colors not so much. Still much better than the retro third jerseys teams are wearing this season, half of them look like pajamas.
Some look like Sprite cans too :laugh:. I dislike most reverse retro, but I do especially love the Wild and Devils. I do like the Habs and Bruins as well, they like the previous two I mentioned look like solid additions. I feel like Calgary, Dallas and New York (R) just took an easy way out picking an older jersey and revising just reverse the cuff and hem colors to make them look like pajamas. Of course, then there is the Islanders, I still do not know the difference between their reverse retro and their regular jersey :laugh:

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
Port Townsend. Former San Jose Sharks season ticket holder. Went to many games in Vancouver. Now I get to see the Sharks at two different places! (but will support the Kragen as well of course. I'm still looking to share a few games a season with a season ticket holder.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Port Townsend. Former San Jose Sharks season ticket holder. Went to many games in Vancouver. Now I get to see the Sharks at two different places! (but will support the Kragen as well of course. I'm still looking to share a few games a season with a season ticket holder.
Ahh nice. I am on the other side of the water on Whidbey Island (near Coupeville). Same as you, a Sharks fan till the Kraken were created .. :).

MattMan

May 31, 2021
Live in Ontario. Was a Leafs fan for years, but after this series and seeing that the players don't care about the game, I decided to not care about them anymore. Go Kraken!

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Well, at least, I got here first and well before the Playoffs. :laugh:

Too bad the Leafs lost and all, but I'm preoccupied with the Krakens' drafts.

Last edited:
Reactions: MattMan

Laffs2Kraken

Jun 1, 2021
I can guarantee you I will be the most Eastern Kraken fan out there. Newfoundland on the east coast of Canada.

I have been a leafs (LAFFS) fan for 30 years. Last night was the last and final straw. I need a fresh start. what better team to follow and cheer for then a brand new team with sick colours and logos. GO KRAKEN !!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad