Here is a question. How many on this board are actually in Washington State?

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I lived in B-ham for awhile in my 20's, cool town. Used to love sunny day cruises down Chuckanut.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I live in Canada (Canadian) but I'm like 5 minutes away the border. I go across the line here and there into Bellingham because I have family there. It's a great little town. I'll be cheering for Seattle a lot as my second team.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Looks like I will be accepting a campaign manager position in either Puyallup or Vancouver (Clark County). If Puyallup I will probably relocate, if Vancouver I'll probably keep my place in Milwaukie, OR and commute.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
I live in generally sunny Tampa, FL home of those .... not-this-year-being-swept Bolts!

Have been VERY excited for Seattle since it was announced a few years ago; even more so after they officially took the Kraken name. So much better than my "Rain City Bitc@ Pigeons" shirt I got early in 2019 :laugh:

For my birthday, I bought myself the pullover and a hat. Didn't know it but ... my 28ish son told me he'd gotten me the sweatshirt, and himself, the hat. Guess we're gonna be Krakhead Twins

So excited!!

Hoping Gallant is the coach, Flower between the pipes (but I'm guessing he goes back to Pens to retire); maybe get TyJo from Bolts so he can come home, Oshie from CRAPS so he can come home, and Boyle ... for the leadership in the locker room, on the ice and during playoffs... I do believe VGK had all the perfect ingredients to make sure that year 1 teams are a success... brings the NHL some very high visibility.

Oh, last thing... was walking around the beach community where I live, saw a glass blown octopus. Looked at the lady and asked if she had green.

"No, Ma'am. No green. Why green?"

"KRAKEN lady, Kraken!" :naughty:

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
Good to see another Pens fan in here! Enjoy your posts in the Pens forum. Were you at the Pens/VGK game in January? I have to admit, the LV NHL experience is top notch. Seattle will do well to model accordingly.

I didn’t go this season. I did go their first season. Was amazed at how many Pens fans were in attendance. Arena is fantastic.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

Tony Stacks

Jan 30, 2012
Seattle
Checking in. Was born and grew up in BC for the first 9 years of my life and have lived in the Kent/Seattle area for decades since. Diehard Canucks fan but won't mind cheering for Seattle when the Nucks are out, depending on how bad the rivalry gets...

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
From Victoria, BC. Grew up a die-hard canucks fan, but find myself being more and more just a fan of the sport in general, and enjoying watching specific players. Given I'm a Boat ride away from Seattle and it's a nice city I'm sure I'll be going to a good number of games. Hope they can get some fun talent and take off like Vegas. Kinda wish they were given 7 draft picks this year so that by the time they join the league their early 1st rounder might by ready to contribute, and people would be watching his development in the year leading up to the team joining to get some local fan investment and hype going. Imagine all the hype a guy like drysdale or rossi or stutzle would get with all eyes on him. Local fans would be able to concentrate on one prospect which could help them learn the game a bit more...could watch his games. Would be sooo exciting.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Winnipeg Jets fan coming in peace.

I live in Vancouver, lived in Victoria for awhile too, I can't wait until I can see my Jets here in Vancouver and then hop on he train to catch them the next night in Seattle. Will be amazing.

Your logo is utterly amazing.

Reactions: cphabs

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
I grew up north of Pittsburgh so I am a Pens fan. As an adult I have lived in Pittsburgh, LA, Phoenix and most recently in Seattle area (Maple Valley for over 15 years). Just moved to Cleveland a little over a year ago. Seattle will be my second favorite now replacing the Kings. Bummed I wasn't there for Seattle to get an NHL team.

Fisticuffer

Mar 14, 2020
I’m from B.C. Spend half my time(winter)in Kelowna and the other half up north, my preferred area to reside.
Was an Oilers fan for a long time but lost interest over the years. Thought I’d try a fresh start with the Kraken. Have to admit I’m becoming very anxious to get this started.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I am no where near you guys but im rooting for you guys. Diversity is important and damn I love tim liewickke. man is a wiz and im genuinely excited abou the front office exec you guys have.

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
Vancouver island here. My mom lived in PA Washington for many years. Will be weird cheering for Seattle to start to only turn on them down the road lol.

I hope Seattle gets a good team out of the gate tho! Would be fun to see the SEA/VAN rivalry start off strong.

Congrats on the franchise. Love the logo as bold as it is :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->