Here is a question. How many on this board are actually in Washington State?

dylanmacarthur

RonFrancis dēlenda est
Nov 8, 2013
Seattle Wings 1988-1991 lol

W75wZFM.jpg
That's awesome!

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
From New York, but have ben a Seahawks fan since 1983 and been to Seattle 3 times...

• 10/31/04 - Panthers at Seahawks
  • 1/22/06 - Panthers at Seahawks (NFL Championship)
  • 1/19/14- 49ers at Seahawks (NFL Championship)

Let's just say that Seattle holds a special place in my heart and was psyched for them to have an NHL team long before it was even talked about. The Kraken will be my 2nd favorite team.

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

goose1701

Jul 26, 2020
Elma
Elma Washington here(About 25 minutes west of Olympia). New to the sport. Been wanting to get into hockey for years but been waiting for us to get a team, so all in. Not super thrilled with the name yet, but love the logos and colors. Been a Mariners fan since 94.

skagittarius

Jan 18, 2016
PNW
I've lived here since '98 and have played in all the local ice hockey beer leagues and then some, desperate for hockey. I can recall playing in-line hockey in '99 underneath the west Seattle bridge and later somewhere in east Seattle (Gunderson?) and then in Redmond at a place that became a full time soccer facility. My ex girlfriend's brother had an outdoor rink in Woodinville. I'm looking forward to attending NHL games locally. This is great for Seattle.

Last edited:

NYR89

Jul 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Live on the Eastside. It’s going to be fun not having to fly or drive across the border for games. It’ll be awkward when the Rangers comes to town though

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Grew up in Wenatchee, became a fan in 95/96, just sold my house in Seattle last year, and now live in Michigan. Seattle will be my second team, but i'll be a hell of a lot more serious about it than my other bandwagon teams that I like for various reason.

We should all be able to hate on Vancouver though.

UnkleKraker

May 31, 2007
Washington State
Everett has the better arena and it's way easier to get to. The fact that the Thunderbirds are the team from "Seattle" is super misleading.

It helps that the T-Birds were actually in Seattle for quite some time. Grew up going to see them. Often at the old Mercer Barn. I bet that brings back memories for some folks here. High-fiving Zamboni John over that low Plexiglas on the sides.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It helps that the T-Birds were actually in Seattle for quite some time. Grew up going to see them. Often at the old Mercer Barn. I bet that brings back memories for some folks here. High-fiving Zamboni John over that low Plexiglas on the sides.

They are the ones who have similar colors to the Canucks right?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yes. Relocated to Kent because the Key Arena was terribad for hockey in its old configuration. My wife and I were season ticket holders in the late 90's and it was a rollicking good time.

I read about that. I've got team USA here. Cheap tickets and players about to be drafted.

When I lived in Seattle I couldn't get used to the idea of rooting for a team with those colors lol. Even if I like the colors, which actually made it worse.

Seattle loves hockey more than anyone gives credit. I wonder if Vancouver and Seattle will ever buy billboard adds like Seattle and San Fran.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->