Henriks comments

Treefingers

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 21, 2006
Vancouver
Amazing we have won 9 of 12, and we lose one game and the whining starts again. Henrik has been nothing but class, you expect him to be a perfect politician all the time and say just the right thing?

We have 7 games to go and 7 points in that period should give us the division. Would you rather be in minni's shoes right now, after they had the division lead just 2 weeks ago or so.

Hopefully we go into the playoffs with a fairly complete roster and a reasonably rested team.

I know, right? It's ****ing pathetic.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Everybody panic!

But for real, everybody settle down, meaningless games playing out the string, Henrik is just feeding the media here.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Canucks have feasted on a compressed schedule within a weak division. They aren't even bothering to compete in "gimme" games, now, which is their bread and butter. How can this be a good sign heading into the playoffs?

What's really inexplicable, is this is for sure their last kick at the can. This team cannot be iced again next season and will have to be blown up to some extent. That should firmly shut "the window" and everybody knows it. This is it!

King of the ES*

I am sorry but this team will never change. This is coming from team captain. Is that what they discuss in the locker room and on the bench.?

You would think after years of disappointment and knowing what's at stake, the team captain and leader would be pushing the team to work hard but instead he confesses that they thought an nhl caliber team will just let them win.

At least Henrik's being honest. He knows that this fanbase is educated and passionate. What would really piss everyone off is if he were to come out - like AV often does - and talk about how hard they worked, how good Colorado is, etc. Or if he came out - like MG often does - and whined about travel, irregular start times, etc. This fanbase isn't stupid.

To everyone questioning Henrik's leadership - if not him, who? Who on this team should replace him as captain? Easy, Breezy Bieksa? I don't think so. Ryan Kesler? Too immature. Alex Burrows would probably be the only other guy in the discussion at all, but I just get the sense that he's just not that respected amongst his NHL peers. The issue with this team is absolutely not Henrik Sedin.

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
I always thought Daniel would have made a better captain. No joke. I think he's the tougher of the two.

hlrsr

Sep 16, 2006
I am sorry but this team will never change. This is coming from team captain. Is that what they discuss in the locker room and on the bench.?

...no, that's not what they discuss. They did not actually discuss with each other and conclude that the Avs were going to give up. He is commenting on the collective psyche of the team based on the way they played.

This is pretty obvious stuff.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Amazing we have won 9 of 12, and we lose one game and the whining starts again. Henrik has been nothing but class, you expect him to be a perfect politician all the time and say just the right thing?

We have 7 games to go and 7 points in that period should give us the division. Would you rather be in minni's shoes right now, after they had the division lead just 2 weeks ago or so.

Hopefully we go into the playoffs with a fairly complete roster and a reasonably rested team.

Who's ****ing whining?? A couple posters are just stating their concern about a couple things. Nobody is jumping off the bandwagon.

FFS, it's people like you that overreact more than the critical fans. You in particular just seem to fly off the handle when someone dares pass judgement on this team, whether they're doing well or not doing well.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Who's ****ing whining?? A couple posters are just stating their concern about a couple things. Nobody is jumping off the bandwagon.

FFS, it's people like you that overreact more than the critical fans. You in particular just seem to fly off the handle when someone dares pass judgement on this team, whether they're doing well or not doing well.

pot kettle etc

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

I agree it is fair game to criticize the team for a lacklustre game. Win 9 out of 12 or not, a team can always be judged on their most recent performance. The only thing I - and most others in this thread it seems - find ridiculous is the focus on Sedin's comments to the media about looking passed the Avs. Anyone who can't see that this is just media speak and thinks it is somehow indicative of something bigger is over-reacting. And stinkers happen to every team in the league, ESPECIALLY after a period if prolonged success and against bottom-feeding teams. We did the same thing against Calgary (twice) but because our goalies bailed us out few people called the team out to any real degree. But reading more into it than that is foolish ...

curtisbroseph

Jun 9, 2011
More Henrik Sedin comments:

“You can’t turn a switch and be ready to play in the playoffs,” Henrik Sedin said. “You have to go in at full speed. There can’t be any hesitation of what you need to do out there.”

It’s why the Sedins, and others, were so disappointed in what went down Saturday in Denver, a 4-3 loss in which the Canucks were out-hustled.

“We’re a team that should play the same way on the road as we do at home. We should play the same in the first as we do in the third,” Henrik said. “That’s why we’ve been successful in the past and that didn’t happen in Denver.

“That was frustrating.”

From The Province

Strip him of the C.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
If Henrik had kept his mouth shut the same fans would be saying that this team 'shows no emotion', 'has no answers', etc.

It's just a lose-lose situation after losing to the worst team in the league.

Class over-reaction in here.

It's okay to be critical of the team. I think anyone on this board is an avid critical thinking fan. The level of criticism after this one loss is a bit much, though. And definitely un-warranted to a team that has been kicking ass and took the division away from Minnesota.

TheDiver*

You would think after years of disappointment and knowing what's at stake, the team captain and leader would be pushing the team to work hard but instead he confesses that they thought an nhl caliber team will just let them win.

Am I looking too much into this or is this something of an alarm being that there's only 2 weeks left till the playoffs.

This is ridiculous.

Mountain into molehill.

Players just want their media statements to be over with. This means nothing.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
If Henrik had kept his mouth shut the same fans would be saying that this team 'shows no emotion', 'has no answers', etc.

It's just a lose-lose situation after losing to the worst team in the league.

Class over-reaction in here.

It's okay to be critical of the team. I think anyone on this board is an avid critical thinking fan. The level of criticism after this one loss is a bit much, though. And definitely un-warranted to a team that has been kicking ass and took the division away from Minnesota.

I don't think people are reacting to Hank saying it, they're more or less agreeing with him and reacting to WHAT he said because what he said is true and the fans see it.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I respect Henrik for telling it like it ******* is.

Leave the hat-in-your-hand routine to the players who care enough about your feelings to feed them with excuses.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I always thought Daniel would have made a better captain. No joke. I think he's the tougher of the two.

Yeah, cause it's not like Hank is an ironman or anything right now. ;) Daniel is your typical soft European who can't take an elbow to the head. :sarcasm:

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Canucks have feasted on a compressed schedule within a weak division. They aren't even bothering to compete in "gimme" games, now, which is their bread and butter. How can this be a good sign heading into the playoffs?

What's really inexplicable, is this is for sure their last kick at the can. This team cannot be iced again next season and will have to be blown up to some extent. That should firmly shut "the window" and everybody knows it. This is it!

laptop.gif

Tanevian*

We seem to be doing ok vs the super mighty Central as well.

How can you take our compete level in "gimme" games and then extrapolate to the playoffs? I've missed a step in your logic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad