Player Discussion Henrik Lundqvist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I hope Hank has a good bottle of champagne, whiskey, or wine ready to break open the day AV gets fired.

Strikes me as a wine guy. Either way, I’m not sure Hank will be celebrating. I want him to retire a Ranger and am happy to keep him, but more and more something in my chest aches for him to go Ray Bourque and go find his Cup.

Reactions: Ratelleitlikeitis

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
He's definitely mentally checked out. I feel terrible for him. I wish he would request a trade so we could get him to a contender and hopefully win a cup..

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
Let him be day to day for a few weeks if the tank is on. Check if Halverson has anything to give at the NHL level. Bobby Lu probably ping Hank with words of wisdom on the AV experience.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
I love Henrik and I love the Rangers...but is Neuvirth out long term for Philly? Could there be a fit there no matter how crazy that would seem?

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
Oh my god, this place has officially descended into depths of absurdity I never thought possible.

Hey sorry to have disappointed your high ideals and understanding of the game and team but you have to admit with the way we are playing and the actions shown by Henrik...it isn't that absurd to consider it and I don't think I'm alone.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Hey sorry to have disappointed your high ideals and understanding of the game and team but you have to admit with the way we are playing and the actions shown by Henrik...it isn't that absurd to consider it and I don't think I'm alone.

Yeah, Jeff Gorton is going to ask Henrik to waive his no-trade clause tomorrow in order to accept a trade to the f***ing Flyers, AND he's going to actually do it.

I mean, holy shit...like I said, this place has officially descended into the depths of absurdity.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Yeah, Jeff Gorton is going to ask Henrik to waive his no-trade clause tomorrow in order to accept a trade to the ****ing Flyers, AND he's going to actually do it.

I mean, holy ****...like I said, this place has officially descended into the depths of absurdity.

Word!

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
Yeah, Jeff Gorton is going to ask Henrik to waive his no-trade clause tomorrow in order to accept a trade to the ****ing Flyers, AND he's going to actually do it.

I mean, holy ****...like I said, this place has officially descended into the depths of absurdity.

My post was to a hypothetical situation. Well, Giacomin, Ratelle, Leetch got traded and no one ever thought they would happen either. It's not like this franchise doesn't have that past history whether you want to face it or not.

This taken from a recent Rangers article on Blueshirt Banter..."Trading Lundqvist makes a lot of sense whether you look at it from a rebuilding standpoint, financially, or wanting him to finally get what he deserves by winning a Stanley Cup. But after thinking about it some more, I just know it probably will not happen."

I don't think I'm alone in thinking about this possibility as much as you want to suggest absurdity to bolster your position.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
My post was to a hypothetical situation. Well, Giacomin, Ratelle, Leetch got traded and no one ever thought they would happen either. It's not like this franchise doesn't have that past history whether you want to face it or not.

This taken from a recent Rangers article on Blueshirt Banter..."Trading Lundqvist makes a lot of sense whether you look at it from a rebuilding standpoint, financially, or wanting him to finally get what he deserves by winning a Stanley Cup. But after thinking about it some more, I just know it probably will not happen."

I don't think I'm alone in thinking about this possibility as much as you want to suggest absurdity to bolster your position.

So because some fan site ran by some enthusiasts ENTERTAINED this idea for a sake a generating clicks, it makes it a viable option? It takes less than a second to put together three things - Henrik’s legacy as NY Ranger, the NTC clause in his contract and his recent public statement on this subject - to drop the subject.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
So because some fan site ran by some enthusiasts ENTERTAINED this idea for a sake a generating clicks, it makes it a viable option? It takes less than a second to put together three things - Henrik’s legacy as NY Ranger, the NTC clause in his contract and his recent public statement on this subject - to drop the subject.

Or you could, you know, not respond to it if the line of thought/subject doesn't interest you...

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Or you could, you know, not respond to it if the line of thought/subject doesn't interest you...

If someone thinks it’s ok to post such content then it is just as ok to point out how that content fits in with actual facts.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
If someone thinks it’s ok to post such content then it is just as ok to point out how that content fits in with actual facts.

Of course it is, but it likely won't stop them as nowhere on the site is the rule "everything must be factual", people can speculate as much as they'd like. The easiest thing is to just gloss over it and stick to the conversations that interest you instead of telling other people that they can't post what they want

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global

Edit: @Samuel Culper III laid it out much better than I did.

Last edited:

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
It’s not absurd to wonder whether Hank changes his mind on being “in” for the rebuild. I am not sure he envisioned giving up 5-7 goals per night when he said that, nor getting thrown under the bus by his coach, necessarily. That said, I still think it’s unlikely he goes back on what he said. I just don’t believe it’s absurd to discuss the premise of Hank requesting a trade eventually.

However, just because Philly now has injury issues, the idea of Hank to the Flyers is a little bit absurd. For one thing, their starter has been Elliot. If they were gonna be interested in Hank they would have been from the start. Hank at 50 is likely an upgrade on Elliot. Moreover, Elliot is already injured. If they were gonna look for help in net, the Elliot injury would have been the likely catalyst, not a Nuevirth injury. At this point, if Nuevirth is out for a substantial time frame, they are likely looking for a very cheap stop gap who can hit waivers once they’re healthy again. The loss of Michael Nuevirth is not the sudden catalyst for a Lundqvist to Philadelphia trade.

And more importantly, if Hank asks for a trade it will be to a team that can contend. Philadelphia improved and is a playoff team, but they ain’t winning. Hank to St. Louis, for example, would make sense. There’s no promises Philly is even a guaranteed playoff team next season. Hank isn’t waiving to go to a division rival that will play against NY repeatedly, especially if they don’t have PRIME Stanley Cup odds. Philly does not.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
I love Henrik and I love the Rangers...but is Neuvirth out long term for Philly? Could there be a fit there no matter how crazy that would seem?

It's not absurd, but I'd say Hank leaving the Rangers before this year's trade deadline simply is an enormous longshot. The odds of it happening only go up after this season ends. I think if AV isn't let go, then Hank will think about his other options. I just don't see AV and Hank playing nice together after this season. I have zero inside info, only a hunch based on what I SEE happening. Hopefully AV is let go though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad