Player Discussion Henrik Lundqvist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Yea, he was great. Makes me happy to see him happy.

Hank looked like the best goalie in the league, playing amongst the best of competition - would love to hear what Patty “I Just Cannot Control Myself” Kane said to Hank at the line that had Hank cracking up.

I believe it was one of y’all whom posted years ago a blurb where Pat Kane said something about a charity(?) event which took place years ago that was some type of shootout competition with a bunch of great F’s & G’s and he said he had never been stopped by one goalie so much in his entire life. That one always stuck with me.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
How was Henrik not the ASG MVP? Goalies are the only ones working hard in this kind of tournament/event. And he was the best and on the winning team.

I kinda felt like that, too, but, you know, the league has to pimp Crosby at every opportunity. Still.

The NHL did not "rig" this. It was a fan vote. But I was watching the CBC feed which was actually advertising the MVP vote, while friends of mine watched NBC where it wasn't even mentioned. Canadians will always vote for Crosby

Reactions: romba

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
And, actually, to refute your point a bit:

"Crosby said he didn't start thinking about the MVP honor until midway through the second period of the second game, when the NHL revealed he was one of four finalists for the award that fans could vote for, joining New York Islanders center Mathew Barzal, St. Louis Blues center Ryan O'Reilly and Colorado Avalanche left wing Gabriel Landeskog."

Lundqvist wasn't even a finalist which was decided by the NHL.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
And, actually, to refute your point a bit:

"Crosby said he didn't start thinking about the MVP honor until midway through the second period of the second game, when the NHL revealed he was one of four finalists for the award that fans could vote for, joining New York Islanders center Mathew Barzal, St. Louis Blues center Ryan O'Reilly and Colorado Avalanche left wing Gabriel Landeskog."

Lundqvist wasn't even a finalist which was decided by the NHL.

That's weird since they mentioned more than just those 4 on the CBC feed. They specifically mentioned Lundqvist who people could vote for. Anyway, ASG MVP is such a meaningless award

BringBackLibertys

Oct 10, 2007
Middlesex, NC
That's weird since they mentioned more than just those 4 on the CBC feed. They specifically mentioned Lundqvist who people could vote for. Anyway, ASG MVP is such a meaningless award
On the NBC feed (USA feed) the commentators specifically talked about the lack of having a write in, or a goalie, and how it wasn't their fault, the list was given by the "bosses". They noted that Letang deserved to be on the list as well, and I agree with that.

Also, it was not rigged, the US feed absolutely put up the list, and spent at least 60 seconds discussing it.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
On the NBC feed (USA feed) the commentators specifically talked about the lack of having a write in, or a goalie, and how it wasn't their fault, the list was given by the "bosses". They noted that Letang deserved to be on the list as well, and I agree with that.

Also, it was not rigged, the US feed absolutely put up the list, and spent at least 60 seconds discussing it.

Okay. I asked my friends in the US who watched it and they said they didn't hear it mentioned once

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I think Hank probably didn’t get a nod as MVP finalist because he faced 6 shots in the 10 minutes where he got the shutout and other periods had more than twice that.

Dubnyk faced 22. Holtby faced 17 and 13. Howard and Vasilevsky faced 13 each. Lundqvist only faced 7 in the first game and 6 in the second. Both were the fewest shots against in any period.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Funny, I thought Seth Jones might have beat out Sidney, he was the most noticable and entertaining for me.

He and the goalie that let in no goals in 10 minutes of 3 on 3 weren't even up for vote?

Steve MacIntyre left of the greatest fighter poll on hockeyfights....the hell man.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Funny, I thought Seth Jones might have beat out Sidney, he was the most noticable and entertaining for me.

He and the goalie that let in no goals in 10 minutes of 3 on 3 weren't even up for vote?

Steve MacIntyre left of the greatest fighter poll on hockeyfights....the hell man.
Jones, Letang, or O’Reilly should have gotten it, in my opinion. Or Hank. But at the end, it obviously doesn’t really matter.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Can you calculate it as 6 prime scoring chances by elite players against in ten minutes? Dude, that is f***in’ ridiculously impressive for a 36 yr old goalie.

The man. Will always be. The man.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I think Hank probably didn’t get a nod as MVP finalist because he faced 6 shots in the 10 minutes where he got the shutout and other periods had more than twice that.

Dubnyk faced 22. Holtby faced 17 and 13. Howard and Vasilevsky faced 13 each. Lundqvist only faced 7 in the first game and 6 in the second. Both were the fewest shots against in any period.

We need to have that kind of defense (or better said, offense) in front of Hank. The best defense is a good offense. Applies, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad