Player Discussion Henrik Lundqvist

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
I don’t think Lundqvist is a first ballot shoe in.
Henrik Lundqvist’s carrier is most closely comparable to Rogie Vachon.
I believe it took Vachon 16 years after he retired to get inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame and was on a Montreal team early in his career that won the Stanley Cup.
Henrik is probably the greatest goalie of his generation, not being first ballot is a joke

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
Lundqvist is the best goalie since the Hasek/Brodeur/Roy days. Did it without playing for great teams too. Hasek is easily better imo but when you factor in surrounding talent I really think he can hang with the other two. Long and consistent career.

He's older now and he's got a really young team in front of him. Not the greatest combination. I really do wish he was playing for a contender right now.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Hank has his first bad game of the season and this thread blows up. Unbelievable. Vasilevsky, Holtby, Gibson, or whomever you feel is an "elite" goalie right now each have already had multiple shit the bed type games, Hank has one bad one, not even that bad and people start saying he's not a HoFer.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Hank has his first bad game of the season and this thread blows up. Unbelievable. Vasilevsky, Holtby, Gibson, or whomever you feel is an "elite" goalie right now each have already had multiple **** the bed type games, Hank has one bad one, not even that bad and people start saying he's not a HoFer.

The nature of some sports fans, unfortunately.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Henrik is probably the greatest goalie of his generation, not being first ballot is a joke
He and Luongo, maybe make an argument for Fluery based on playoff success.
Hank and Lu have been the most consistent, but not necessarily the best in any given season.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
If we make the POs Hank should get the Hart and the Vezina.

edit: ok, his number took a big hit over the past 2 weeks, nonetheless I don't think anyone can really critique Hank this season so far, he's been magnificent, considering what he has to work with.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Hank has his first bad game of the season and this thread blows up. Unbelievable. Vasilevsky, Holtby, Gibson, or whomever you feel is an "elite" goalie right now each have already had multiple **** the bed type games, Hank has one bad one, not even that bad and people start saying he's not a HoFer.

I’d love to know how 4 deflected goals in front of the net equal a goaltender having a bad game?

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Rogie Vachon was also one of the greatest goalies of his generation; just like Hank he didn’t have a championship team (LA Kings) playing in front of him.
Rogie use to say to his teammates “just get 3 and we’ll win” unfortunately the Kings would struggle to achieve that.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Rogie Vachon was also one of the greatest goalies of his generation; just like Hank he didn’t have a championship team (LA Kings) playing in front of him.
Rogie use to say to his teammates “just get 3 and we’ll win” unfortunately the Kings would struggle to achieve that.
And Hank still has the much better resume. Already has over 100 more wins then Rogie
Has made a first allstar unlike Rogie and more Allstar apperances. Also pretty sure Rogie never made a cup final, which Hank has done. Hank may be the most consistent goalie ever. Anything less then first ballot would be an embarrassment from the hof committee

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
And Hank still has the much better resume. Already has over 100 more wins then Rogie
Has made a first allstar unlike Rogie and more Allstar apperances. Also pretty sure Rogie never made a cup final, which Hank has done. Hank may be the most consistent goalie ever. Anything less then first ballot would be an embarrassment from the hof committee
1969 Montreal Canadiens. Started and won all four games.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
1 bad game and lundqvist now may as well be Martin biron. These boards sometimes. :help:

The goals weren’t even his fault. How do you stop redirected pucks you can’t even see? The defense in front of the net was atrocious; some turnovers in our own zone were ghastly. And, yes, the reffing didn’t help either — but poor / missed calls are, unfortunately, part of the sport.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I’d love to know how 4 deflected goals in front of the net equal a goaltender having a bad game?

There's a difference between having a bad game, and not having a good game. Lundqvist didn't have a good game. I don't understand how anyone can say otherwise.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Then whats ur point about cups with Hank If it took the great roggie vachon 16 years despite having a cup
I believe you should reread my posts.
I never said anything about Henrik not winning a cup or that hurting his chances about being a first ballot Hall of Famer. I just pointed out Rogie Vachon’s carrier is very similar to Lundqvist’s and he was not voted in on his first year of eligibility.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
Henrik is a first ballot hall of famer and the best goalie of his generation.

Henrik had a so so game.

We should trade Henrik while we still can to Toronto for Nylander and something else. He's not winning the cup with us and deserves one.

Reactions: Ori

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Henrik is a first ballot hall of famer and the best goalie of his generation.

Henrik had a so so game.

We should trade Henrik while we still can to Toronto for Nylander and something else. He's not winning the cup with us and deserves one.

If Hank puts on a Leafs jersey, the cognitive dissonance will give me a seizure.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes they talked to Henrik about his future and probably after the new direction last season since he have NMC, but Florida acquired Nucks old elite goalie @Harbour Dog in Roberto Luongo so never say never. :)

I`m waiting for the last period Buffalo vs Jets fun game so far, but not many goals. ;)

PP goal, Jeff Skinner what a signing by Buffalo! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad