Player Discussion Henrik Lundqvist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Oh Henry. Guy wants to be here through a rebuild but every goal tonight outside of the penalty shot he stared down and yelled at his defenseman. I don’t think he realizes two things

A. This is the type of team he will play behind the next season as well
B. You are allowed to make a save through a screen.

If you don’t like the body’s in front of you then slash guys ankles yourself.

Just ask out already. I can’t watch his reactions anymore. This is what all next season is going to be like Hank prepare

Probably my favorite part of last night. Especially after the Pionk dumbass play.

Hank makes an incredible save, and Pionk paddywacks it softly to their best player facing an open net.

Hopefully the kid learns from that, that's a totally controllable play.

A good d would take the puck, and skate out of danger and get a clear on the PK.

Was absolutely hilarious watching Pionk get yelled at like that. Just stop doing shit like that kiddo. You'll be better for it.

Reactions: haveandare

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Actually got to say Hank bitched out the scrubs more than after every goal. Soft plays, and turnovers too.

Looks like the coach behind the bench isn't working, so Hank's taking it upon himself. Way to f***ing to own it. Guys a leader.

They weren't just screening him, they were sissying out of the way after screening him.

You either block, or get out of the way. This is one soft bunch.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Dare I say....generational?

I think all time he's in that cluster of great goalies beneath Roy, Hasek (clear 1a and 1b), Plante, Hall, Sawchuk, and Brodeur. He's in good company with the likes of Dryden, Tretiak, Parent, Belfour, etc. The only thing he's missing is a Cup but you can't say he didn't do enough in the playoffs to deserve one.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
It's cumulative to display longevity and consistency

I’ve aid many, many times he’s probably the most consistent of all the great goalies.

I’d like to have seen his seasons with a Scott Stevens or Niedermayer or both in front of him. I always though Brodeur was mildly overrated. I still do.

Reactions: nevesis

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I’ve aid many, many times he’s probably the most consistent of all the great goalies.

I’d like to have seen his seasons with a Scott Stevens or Niedermayer or both in front of him. I always though Brodeur was mildly overrated. I still do.
I think Brodeur is the last guy on those teams who was overrated.

Always thought their defense was overrated.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
DXnKk9WVoAA0bT6.jpg

^This is from March 6th.

Hurr Durr Hank's salary.

That chart is flat out ridiculous.

Reactions: nevesis

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
How many Cups did Brodeur win without Stevens? I think you’ve got the overrated part wrong.
Yeah, not too sure about their defense being over rated. But, Marty wasn't over rated either, as much as it pains me to say. Don't forget the guys ability to play the puck. He was an extra defense man back there.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Actually got to say Hank *****ed out the scrubs more than after every goal. Soft plays, and turnovers too.

Looks like the coach behind the bench isn't working, so Hank's taking it upon himself. Way to ****ing to own it. Guys a leader.

They weren't just screening him, they were sissying out of the way after screening him.

You either block, or get out of the way. This is one soft bunch.
Nonsense.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
I think all time he's in that cluster of great goalies beneath Roy, Hasek (clear 1a and 1b), Plante, Hall, Sawchuk, and Brodeur. He's in good company with the likes of Dryden, Tretiak, Parent, Belfour, etc. The only thing he's missing is a Cup but you can't say he didn't do enough in the playoffs to deserve one.
I would put Hank in the group just below the likes of Dryden, Tretiak etc...Not a bad thing, just not in that group. Yes, not having a Cup plays a part, but that, ultimately, is how greatness is judged.

Reactions: Crease

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
I know I know.. the main board is a "cesspool" , but I couldn't help myself at being amazed how hostile the "Where would you rank Henrik Lundqvist all-time"-thread was compared to the "Roberto Luongo all time"-thread is right now.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I know I know.. the main board is a "cesspool" , but I couldn't help myself at being amazed how hostile the "Where would you rank Henrik Lundqvist all-time"-thread was compared to the "Roberto Luongo all time"-thread is right now.
It's because Luongo is more personable than Lundqvist/memes on Twitter

Reactions: IamNotADancer

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Rank the chicken dances...

George Sr.
GOB
Lucille
Lindsay

Coo-coo-ca-cha

"Ooooh - Michael and women?"

Lucille
GOB
George Sr
Lindsay

The Lucille one is great on it's own and Jessica Walter doing it makes it a thousand times funnier to me. She's a national treasure.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Hurr Durr Hank's salary.
Like a moth to flame I see a passive aggressive comment that insinuates I have some kind of mental Pejorative Sluration (Which hurr durr implies) simply for having a valid opinion and I have to respond.

I have to assume your comment refers to the conversation about his salary that everyone else let go but dominated the previous few pages of this thread. (How could I not assume you're referencing this?)

Even if you AREN'T I still say that he can have these phenomenal numbers over his career (a career in which he played under different contracts, not just this current one) and still be overpaid NOW based solely on performance over the life of THIS contract. Career wise you can also argue he deserves to be overpaid bc of, dare I say it, generational numbers like those shown here.

But sure, "hurr durr"what a half witted thing for me to say? Because saying a player could be slightly overpaid is the same as having Down syndrome apparently?

Last edited:

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Yeah, not too sure about their defense being over rated. But, Marty wasn't over rated either, as much as it pains me to say. Don't forget the guys ability to play the puck. He was an extra defense man back there.

Oh, don’t get me wrong, I think Brodeur was a fantastic goalie. I just think Hasek was that much better than probably anyone.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Hasek

Roy
Brodeur (I particularly love hockey for its goaltending, there is no rivalry here)

the rest (Hank being somewhere very high with the rest)

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Like a moth to flame I see a passive aggressive comment that insinuates I have some kind of mental ******ation (Which hurr durr implies) simply for having a valid opinion and I have to respond.

I have to assume your comment refers to the conversation about his salary that everyone else let go but dominated the previous few pages of this thread. (How could I not assume you're referencing this?)

Even if you AREN'T I still say that he can have these phenomenal numbers over his career (a career in which he played under different contracts, not just this current one) and still be overpaid NOW based solely on performance over the life of THIS contract. Career wise you can also argue he deserves to be overpaid bc of, dare I say it, generational numbers like those shown here.

But sure, "hurr durr"what a half witted thing for me to say? Because saying a player could be slightly overpaid is the same as having Down syndrome apparently?

What is this whiney mess? If I want to direct a comment towards you I am more than capable. I make sarcastic comments all day every day so stop your crying.

BTW as far as your opinion, generally I respect it. I honestly have no idea why you decided this was personal towards you.

Last edited:

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Arrested Development sucks and it’s a shame that people associate David Cross with that show when his standup blows it out of the water.

Don’t @ me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad