Henrik Lundqvist says he’ll work for Rangers after retirement

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Why do we want to hire more uneducated former players?
You gotta throw the dumb deranged fan base some red meat once in a while so they can relive the glory days of a has-been, didn't win a Championship as a NYR player. But, remember that inconsequential game in February of 2008! YEA THAT WAS AWESOME. Pathetic saps.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Lundqvist has become the chick that you break up with that just won't go away. Now he is quickly becoming the crazy chick you have to get a restraining order against because he has this revenge fantasy in his head that he is going to play so well in DC and as a visitor at MSG that we are going to beg him to come back.

It's over dude! GO AWAY! We don't want you anymore!

If Hank wins a cup as a back up so be it. It's a hollow victory for him at best. Every time he looks down at the ring on his finger he will know in the back of his mind that he was just a pedestrian watching as the championship train went by and he was able to grasp the rail on the last car to be a hanger-on. Good for him, I guess. A one dimensional championship for a one dimensional person that was a one-trick pony is net.

You gotta throw the dumb deranged fan base some red meat once in a while so they can relive the glory days of a has-been, didn't win a Championship as a NYR player. But, remember that inconsequential game in February of 2008! YEA THAT WAS AWESOME. Pathetic saps.

This is embarassing. I honestly feel sad for you.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
If Hank wins a cup as a back up so be it. It's a hollow victory for him at best. Every time he looks down at the ring on his finger he will know in the back of his mind that he was just a pedestrian watching as the championship train went by and he was able to grasp the rail on the last car to be a hanger-on. Good for him, I guess. A one dimensional championship for a one dimensional person that was a one-trick pony is net.

Uhm....

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Subtle sarcastic humor, I hope. If not, good grief.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Not a good look to your new employer to say you'll work for your old employer in a few years.

I know there's a lot of emotional baggage and a breakup/divorce we and Henrik are going through but once training camp is announced can we just not worry about him until he retires and a banner ceremony for #30 is scheduled?

I wish him good health and to have a good time in DC and/or wherever he goes next but he's no longer a Ranger from now until he hangs it up.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

It would be one thing if the championship that never was were because of something Lundqvist didn't do. The real truth of the matter is that he dragged a team to the finish line that really had no business being there in the first place. The only dumb thing here is your take above.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It would be one thing if the championship that never was were because of something Lundqvist didn't do. The real truth of the matter is that he dragged a team to the finish line that really had no business being there in the first place. The only dumb thing here is your take above.
Shhhhh......don't feed the troll. Even though I have been just as guilty.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
***YAWN*** You people are boring me. Come up with a new quote.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Shhhhh......don't feed the troll. Even though I have been just as guilty.
No one is trolling her bro. I like Hank, and I appreciate everything he did and tried to do. However, I'm not dropping to my knees sucking the guy's dick like the other 99% here. I don't reward failure. As I have said multiple times before. Thanks for the memories, now go away.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Not a good look to your new employer to say you'll work for your old employer in a few years.

I know there's a lot of emotional baggage and a breakup/divorce we and Henrik are going through but once training camp is announced can we just not worry about him until he retires and a banner ceremony for #30 is scheduled?

I wish him good health and to have a good time in DC and/or wherever he goes next but he's no longer a Ranger from now until he hangs it up.

i know people like to throw around the whole "employer/employee" dynamic to athletes and pro sports teams to try and put it into terms that regular jackoffs like us can understand, but really, its a different kind situation that none of us will ever relate to.

Washington brought Hank on for a one year deal to provide cover for their young goalie of the future, and try to win a championship in the near future. They're not "investing in an employee" or thinking long term like a corporation here. Hank is more of a consultant than a full time employee if you must make parallels.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Washington brought Hank on for a one year deal to provide cover for their young goalie of the future, and try to win a championship in the near future. They're not "investing in an employee" or thinking long term like a corporation here. Hank is more of a consultant than a full time employee if you must make parallels.
They signed him to a contract. For the duration, he is in fact their employee.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
No one is trolling her bro. I like Hank, and I appreciate everything he did and tried to do. However, I'm not dropping to my knees sucking the guy's dick like the other 99% here. I don't reward failure. As I have said multiple times before. Thanks for the memories, now go away.
The only failure in this topic is you as a contributor to this thread. Thanks for the memories, now go away.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
So... let’s say he comes back as a co-goalie coach. Still pathetic, old boys club? Maybe a scout? Maybe just a PR guy involved in charities and the image of the organization?

It’s not like they’re like hey... go play as long as you want and come be head coach whenever you’re ready. The takes in this thread are rough. Everyone describing Henrik as the crazy ex-girlfriend when you all sound like spurned pursuers. A lot can be inferred from that.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Man, if Connor McDavid plays 18 years in Edmonton without winning a cup, I hope all we hear is “I don’t reward failures” and “I don’t care what he did, I don’t welcome losers”.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
i know people like to throw around the whole "employer/employee" dynamic to athletes and pro sports teams to try and put it into terms that regular jackoffs like us can understand, but really, its a different kind situation that none of us will ever relate to.

He's on Washington's payroll as a fulltime player. It's not like he's a guest star on a tv series for an arc. If Henrik turns into Bret Hart in WCW, it's not good for him or the Caps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad