Henrik Lundqvist says he’ll work for Rangers after retirement

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
Great to hear this. He will always be a Ranger as far as I am concerned. Hope he wins a Cup; guy deserves it.

I wonder how he would feel if the Caps won the Cup while he was sitting on the bench and contributed little or nothing on the ice. That doesn't go for just him. One of the people I feel sorry for is Steve Janaszak, the backup goalie on the 1980 Lace Placid Olympic Team. Yes, he got a gold medal, but didn't play for 1 second in the Olympics.

Reactions: CasusBelli

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I wonder how he would feel if the Caps won the Cup while he was sitting on the bench and contributed little or nothing on the ice. That doesn't go for just him. One of the people I feel sorry for is Steve Janaszak, the backup goalie on the 1980 Lace Placid Olympic Team. Yes, he got a gold medal, but didn't play for 1 second in the Olympics.

If they win the Cup, I think he'll be happy. Unless he loses every game he plays in, he'll have contributed in at least some small way to his team winning the Cup. I also would not be at all surprised to see Ovi bring him the Cup as soon as its handed over.

Reactions: CasusBelli

TC82

Aug 27, 2012

I think he will play 20-25 games or 1/4 or 1/3 of whatever amount of games will be played unless Samsonov gets hurt.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Lundqvist has become the chick that you break up with that just won't go away. Now he is quickly becoming the crazy chick you have to get a restraining order against because he has this revenge fantasy in his head that he is going to play so well in DC and as a visitor at MSG that we are going to beg him to come back.

It's over dude! GO AWAY! We don't want you anymore!

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Lundqvist has become the chick that you break up with that just won't go away. Now he is quickly becoming the crazy chick you have to get a restraining order against because he has this revenge fantasy in his head that he is going to play so well in DC and as a visitor at MSG that we are going to beg him to come back.

...wut

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
Then why not just retire?

Call me one of "those" fans, but galavanting around DC on his social media that has been more active in the past month than in his entire 15 year career with the team, and glory hunting with Washington for one more run at a Cup and for one more paycheck rubs me the wrong way if that was the plan all along.

He can clean the toilets in the blue seats and earn his way upwards, if he wants.
Because he wants to play? He absolutely has earned to do whatever he chooses.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
If they win the Cup, I think he'll be happy. Unless he loses every game he plays in, he'll have contributed in at least some small way to his team winning the Cup. I also would not be at all surprised to see Ovi bring him the Cup as soon as its handed over.
“And after 16 years ... Henrik Lundqvist!” Where’s Gary Thorne when you need him?

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want

tenor.gif

...and I'm not talking about Lundqvist

Reactions: RGY

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site

are you that crazy chick?

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
they might trade him at the deadline to a contender, and then we should all start worrying.
If Hank wins a cup as a back up so be it. It's a hollow victory for him at best. Every time he looks down at the ring on his finger he will know in the back of his mind that he was just a pedestrian watching as the championship train went by and he was able to grasp the rail on the last car to be a hanger-on. Good for him, I guess. A one dimensional championship for a one dimensional person that was a one-trick pony is net.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
One of the people I feel sorry for is Steve Janaszak, the backup goalie on the 1980 Lace Placid Olympic Team. Yes, he got a gold medal, but didn't play for 1 second in the Olympics.

I'm sure he was traumatized for life by winning an Olympic gold medal and getting to know his future wife while doing so.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
If Hank wins a cup as a back up so be it. It's a hollow victory for him at best. Every time he looks down at the ring on his finger he will know in the back of his mind that he was just a pedestrian watching as the championship train went by and he was able to grasp the rail on the last car to be a hanger-on. Good for him, I guess. A one dimensional championship for a one dimensional person that was a one-trick pony is net.

Sounds like somebody's projecting

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's

Fortunately for us, his one trick was being the best goalie of his generation.

This is the worst post I've read in a long time. Congratulations.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

tenor.gif

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
#WeNeverGetEnoughQualityPosts

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Obviously not. I'm the one who always has to change my locks, change my routine, and get a restraining order.
Clearly it's you. Hank is welcome back here, Caps cup or no Caps cup. If he gets a ring as a backup, yeah maybe a little hollow but your bat-s#** crazy thinking he'd rather have no cup ring that a slightly or less earned cup ring. "Projecting" seems accurate.

Reactions: Cynical TyranT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad