Player Discussion Henrik Lundqvist: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Colorado seems like they might need a goalie again, there wouldn't be a better fit in the league for Hank if he would accept that

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
“Releasing” him is. They can’t do that. They’re free to hire him in whatever capacity if he’s bought out or retires but he can’t be “released”.

it’s called waivers and yes they can. Historically, you and few fail to read and comprehend entire messages so i’ll bold and underline what i know you missed “Might have to wait for a year but there is nothing wrong with Hank obtaining employment with the Rangers being his contract expired.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Colorado seems like they might need a goalie again, there wouldn't be a better fit in the league for Hank if he would accept that

Colorado did not need a goalie during the season, they do not need one next season, and they are not eligible to trade for Henrik Lundqvist to play in the playoffs right now.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
it’s called waivers and yes they can. Historically, you and few fail to read and comprehend entire messages so i’ll bold and underline what i know you missed “Might have to wait for a year but there is nothing wrong with Hank obtaining employment with the Rangers being his contract expired.

He has a full NMC. OF COURSE HE CAN’T BE WAIVED. Neither can Marc Staal. I read the the whole thing and only objected to the “released” part. Don’t lecture me about reading comprehension when you can’t do it yourself.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

no you can't waive him. he has a NMC. repeating it and making it bold doesn't make it true lol

Reactions: Siddi

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

The only way players on a NMC can be waived if it is for the purpose of a buy out

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon

Certainly a contender. Grubauer could learn a thing or two from the King.

This is the most interesting story for us. Looking at it economically, Hank certainly won't retire and NYR certainly want to solve the issue this preseason.

Leaves us with two possibilities, imo:

a) Hank waives and gets traded, maybe three-way deal even? Correct me if I'm wrong but we technically could do that, some team takes on 25%, if need be.
But afaic he's a stubborn f*** and won't waive nor retire.
4.25m cap hit for 2020-21

b) The NYR just buy him out. And it will be no biggie cap wise, not even close.
5.5m cap hit for 2020-21 (and 1.5 in 21-22, but we'll have like 70 trillon $$ in cap space, so who cares)

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global

Clueless yet again.

Reactions: Glen Sathers Cigar

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Wait, so Hank can't even be bought out, unless he waives his NMC?!

they have to ask him and if he says no to waivers, that counts as having passed thru waivers and then they can buy him out. no team is going to claim a guy at his full contract knowing he is going to be bought out and can be signed cheaper, so normally the players with NMC opt to skip this waiting period

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

fm

Jul 28, 2016
couldn't we trade him to someone with a partial cap hit and let them buy him out? he'd have to agree of course, but wouldn't this put us in a better position than a straight-up buyout?

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
couldn't we trade him to someone with a partial cap hit and let them buy him out? he'd have to agree of course, but wouldn't this put us in a better position than a straight-up buyout?
Why would he ever agree to do that? And why would any team give up assets for the privilege of spending more money on a buy out?

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

Sure but that involves finding a partner willing to do that. With a looming flat cap what team wants to add dead space from another team's buyout candidate? Ottawa maybe to reach the floor but that's a long shot. Plus you'd likely have to pay the other team to do it.

The only scenario that would make sense is if a team was going to cut cost way down and had a similar salary to send back but the deal worked out to a better financial advantage for them. For example: Alex Goligoski has 1 year left at a $5.475m cap hit but is owed $4m in real dollars with no signing bonuses. Hank is signed for one more year at $8.5m and makes $5.5m in real money but has already had $1m paid in his SB. The teams swap players and Arizona buys out Hank. They incur a similar cap hit for this year at $5.5m but only have to pay Hank $1.5m instead of $4m to Gogo. Then next year they pay Hank the remainder of the money owed, another $1.5m. So they've saved themselves $1m in real dollars and spread the money out over two years instead of one, which means a lower in-season payroll to manage.

Of course that's a hypothetical. I don't think the trade value makes sense at all.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

the leafs did that with patrick marleau and they had to give the Canes a 1st round pick for it

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Colorado did not need a goalie during the season, they do not need one next season, and they are not eligible to trade for Henrik Lundqvist to play in the playoffs right now.

Francouz isn't the answer this year or next year. Outside of Mackinnon being Gretzky they would have lost this series because of that. There is no way they go into playoffs with Feancouz as the backup next season.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Certainly a contender. Grubauer could learn a thing or two from the King.

This is the most interesting story for us. Looking at it economically, Hank certainly won't retire and NYR certainly want to solve the issue this preseason.

Leaves us with two possibilities, imo:

a) Hank waives and gets traded, maybe three-way deal even? Correct me if I'm wrong but we technically could do that, some team takes on 25%, if need be.
But afaic he's a stubborn f*** and won't waive nor retire.
4.25m cap hit for 2020-21

b) The NYR just buy him out. And it will be no biggie cap wise, not even close.
5.5m cap hit for 2020-21 (and 1.5 in 21-22, but we'll have like 70 trillon $$ in cap space, so who cares)

Im doubtful they buy him out honestly. Imo its either retire, trade or trade Georgiev are the options. Edmonton could be a possibility as well.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Agreed - in fact given the Rangers history with past players it would be shocking if they didn't offer Hank a post playing career position. No one could creditably argue that it was cap circumvention unless they offered him the same salary.

hopefully this soap opera will end soon. Can justify and objectively bury any subjective position with few responses yet one slip and the lurking all chime in within minutes.

That’s the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->