Injury Report: Henrik Lundqvist out 2-3 weeks with lower body injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Hank is better with consistent reps..if he falters coming back av needs to go with the best goalie regardless of the name on sweater

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Hank is better with consistent reps..if he falters coming back av needs to go with the best goalie regardless of the name on sweater

They need Lundqvist at his best to make a SCF run. Lundqvist at his peak was not enough to put this team over the top. And Raanta is not at that level.

That is no disrespect to Raanta, but we need Lundqvist playing at optimal level to beat Pittsburgh, Washington or Columbus.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

If this was the playoffs he'd be fine to play. This is purely to rest it as much before the playoff push.

Don't want a lingering hip issue during important games. Way too biomechanically important for the butterfly goaltender.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
He'll probably be out 2 weeks. More than enough time to get a lot of reps in before the playoffs start. This probably also ensures the Rangers will get locked into the WC1 spot, which is good news.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Yup, I'm sure LVGN will be watching.

If the rumors are true, they'll be picking Raanta regardless with like 7 other good goalies for the purposes of collecting picks/prospects via trade.

Which is too bad, because of all our exposed players he probably has the highest trade value, unless someone would overpay for Grabner.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Seems pretty relative to me. The best player on our team is hurt going into the playoffs (hopefully he will be ready by then) but even so, we know it usually takes Hank time to get back to form. This clearly is somewhat of a hindrance on the team's chances and paying a huge price for a rental when our chances are lessened is clearly not idea.

Honestly, if we trade for Shatty everything that happened would be different and he wouldn't have gotten hurt.

Seriously.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
idk I was thinking the same thing. I'm glad we didn't go crazy at the deadline and this just further reinforces it. Imagine we gave up Buch or Skjei and a 1st and Lundqvist goes down like this.

Doubt that was even entertained by management. Shatty wasn't coming here unless we got him for a good deal.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
That said, him being hurt while he is rounding into form is a concern. 2-3 weeks of rest is nice I guess, but I'd rather he play and keep his form. Hank has always been a guy who's been better the more he plays.

Concerns and thoughts that are directly related to the injury are very fair, bringing up things like trading or not trading for Shatty have nothing at all to do with it.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
I did see a play in the Carolina game where he jammed his skate into the post and looked to flex his left knee a bit afterwards. Could be precautionary and just tweaked his knee. But then we have this...

Raanta was in nets for the Carolina game.
Sounds like a mixture of a possible minor injury plus a good time to rest and recover a bit.

Raanta was in nets for the Carolina game.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Let Henke rest, and then he'll have 4-5 games to get back into game shape. Not worried at all, ya know unless we completely tank these next 14 games, lose a wild card spot to one of the Atlantic teams, get bumped up in the draft lottery and take Liljegren. Or something along those lines :sarcasm:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Tanking for the WC spot, plus keeping Henrik fresh.

Nice.

100 percent this as far as I'm concerned.

Girardi out 2 weeks for a cut

Nash out with a phantom injury

They're resting guys.

Should rest Kreider looks awful

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
completely 100% comfortable with raanta in net.

hes shown me enough this season (and last tbh) for me to feel fine with him getting all the starts the next few weeks.

13-6 2.32 .922 3 so

those are strong numbers.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
completely 100% comfortable with raanta in net.

hes shown me enough this season (and last tbh) for me to feel fine with him getting all the starts the next few weeks.

13-6 2.32 .922 3 so

those are strong numbers.

Unfortunately our next 6 games are three sets of back-to-backs. Raanta can't and won't play them all. I'd expect Hellberg to get at least 2 of the next 6 starts.

Two years ago the schedule was a bit more kind when Henrik went down. Skapski The Buffalo Killer only had to step in twice.

But this time around we can afford some losses and be better off in the long run.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
This is potentially HUGE for Hellberg's career. If Raanta gets selected by Vegas, we'll obviously have a back-up spot open. Hellberg needs to convince the Rangers that an acquisition is not necessary...that he is their man. I hope he gets two starts, does well, and gives the Rangers something to think about.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
So we go from two good-looking Scandinavian men to... two good-looking blonde Scandinavian men.

Not bad.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
They are taking winning seriously.

Henrik Rested for the playoffs is a good thing.

Let's see the $8.5M man make his money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->