Value of: Henrik lundqvist-mid season

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
Although many people in the wonderful wonderful world of HF are trashing the rangers and throwing the towel in for this team for the 2016-2017 season, I personally feel they are still a #3/wildcard in the metro but lets just say that come February/March the blue shirts are hanging right below the pack and it just doesn't look like they have the steam to push make a serious run at the playoffs. What would you want in return for one the leagues most elite goalies and one of the games best playoff performers.

Before anyone jumps the gun, just a couple things to keep in mind.

A.) 8.5 m/yr until 2021 and at that point he will be 39 years old!
B.) Goalie market in past years proves harsh to team parting with the goalie. (Brian Elliot, Bobrov, Bishop, Dubnyk...list goes on and on).
C.) The team acquiring him would be a team most likely already in cap trouble with a stacked team ready to make a run for it all so a contract would prob have to come back in return.

I know the Stars are currently talking with Lightning for Bishop but assuming that falls through, what would stars be willing to give up to solidify their Goalie spot and make themselves SERIOUS SERIOUS contenders in the wild, wild west.

Personally I was thinking: Honka, 2017 first, Hemsky and Niemi and the rangers would ++ something depending on stars depth need when that time of the season rolled around.

**There is a ton of problems with this scenario but fire away lmk what you think

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I'm sure the FO personally told you that.

Tampa fans are braying about Honka in every Bishop thread, if he was available why wouldn't we have traded for Bishop already? It's a very complete team that needs only capspace and RH puck movers, yet here we are. And in a more Rangers centric context, remember that Talbot sweepstakes we walked away from? The reason for that was the Rangers wanted Honka. I hope at this point you get the picture.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
if the rangers ever take their rebuild seriously, they can easily flip hank for a couple first rounders at the trade deadline. however, theyll probably let his career ride out on the rangers until hes ready to retire

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
if the rangers ever take their rebuild seriously, they can easily flip hank for a couple first rounders at the trade deadline. however, theyll probably let his career ride out on the rangers until hes ready to retire

Given his cap hit and term I think moving Lundqvist would be problematic.

You would need the correct convergence of competing team, desperately needing a goalie and having a bunch of cap space.

Group Chat Legend*

that contract ruins his value

Rangers messed up big time there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->