Henri Ikonen and Mikko Vainonen

Quethas

Jan 19, 2010
Tampere
Yes, they both have signed contracts with their SM-liiga teams.

Henri Ikonen returns to KalPa. KalPa's own site announced that it was part of their contract that Ikonen must return to Finland after one year. New contract is valid until 14/15.

HIFK has also announced the contract of Mikko Vainonen. The news didn't mention anything about the contract length, but I really doubt that Vainonen would return to Kingston at any point.

AverageAtBest

Feb 2, 2011
Yes, they both have signed contracts with their SM-liiga teams.

Henri Ikonen returns to KalPa. KalPa's own site announced that it was part of their contract that Ikonen must return to Finland after one year. New contract is valid until 14/15.

HIFK has also announced the contract of Mikko Vainonen. The news didn't mention anything about the contract length, but I really doubt that Vainonen would return to Kingston at any point.

Thanks, that really sucks!

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
Could it not be possible that Ikonen stays in Kingston if he gets drafted? I imagine the NHL team would prefer that he continues to play a NA game.

Hockeycan

Sep 1, 2012
Vainonen to Predators

Frontenacs - IFK - Frontenacs - ... Vainonen who was suppoused to play with IFK upcoming season has signed a three year contract with Predators and will play in Frontenacs next season

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
Any official word on Ikonen? He was drafted by Tampa Bay and Kingston passed on both of their selections in the import draft today. Hope he finds his way back to Kingston this season.

vsk92

Alltid IFK
Mar 31, 2011
Scotland.
Hope he finds his way back to Kingston this season.

Sean Lafortune ‏@SeanLafortune 21h
Henri Ikonen won't be headed to KalPa this year. Had the option to bring him back, but sounds like the Fronts have worked something out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->