Help with NHL09

ThirstyDeer

Oct 8, 2020
As I'm sure you know NHL09 was the last game to be released for the PC. I haven't played it in a while because I always hit the same problem when I would play in my dynasty league: The game would freeze as the seasons switch from 2-3 or 3-4 after the draft and free agency period.

I've been told the culprit is becauase the game's AI causes the NPC teams to have team salaries beyond the cap.

I'd like to get back into the game but need to know of a work-around for this problem. Has anyone else had this problem and can you suggest anything?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
As I'm sure you know NHL09 was the last game to be released for the PC. I haven't played it in a while because I always hit the same problem when I would play in my dynasty league: The game would freeze as the seasons switch from 2-3 or 3-4 after the draft and free agency period.

I've been told the culprit is becauase the game's AI causes the NPC teams to have team salaries beyond the cap.

I'd like to get back into the game but need to know of a work-around for this problem. Has anyone else had this problem and can you suggest anything?
I don't know how to fix that but there's a 1080p mod you can find on YouTube that makes it look not so shitty.

There's also the option of using an emulator with a PS2 game upscaled. Might work better honestly.

Also NHL 04 Rebuilt is apparently much better than 09. I can't seem to get it work but if you look up videos the modding community has done some crazy things with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad