HELP! Skates are too big!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polska

May 25, 2004
Vancouver
Hey,

I bought a pair of Bauer Classic Gold off the internet and they're half a size too big. I used them once and I got a really bad blister on the heel of my left foot due to some slipping there and overall the skates are really uncomfortable and skating feels awkward. I've already heat molded them and wore them a lot attempting to break them in but the widest part of my foot isn't where the widest part of the skate is and the skate is really stiff and is KILLING my foot in those spots.

Is there anything I can do to make them fit better? Extra tongue, insole, or putting something in the toe boz? Or should I try to re-sell them and buy a pair that fit?

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Polska said:
Hey,

I bought a pair of Bauer Classic Gold off the internet and they're half a size too big. I used them once and I got a really bad blister on the heel of my left foot due to some slipping there and overall the skates are really uncomfortable and skating feels awkward. I've already heat molded them and wore them a lot attempting to break them in but the widest part of my foot isn't where the widest part of the skate is and the skate is really stiff and is KILLING my foot in those spots.

Is there anything I can do to make them fit better? Extra tongue, insole, or putting something in the toe boz? Or should I try to re-sell them and buy a pair that fit?
Problem: You bought skates off the internet
Solution: Trade them in and get properly fitted skates from your LHS

DJmastamind

Jan 26, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
www.beckett.com
Agreed, I wouldn't buy skates off the internet, skates are just one of those things you need to try on as different company's (ccm, Bauer, mission, nike, etc...) all have different fits.

For now I would wear thick socks. But I would trade them in for something that fits better ASAP.

Polska

May 25, 2004
Vancouver
DJmastamind said:
Agreed, I wouldn't buy skates off the internet, skates are just one of those things you need to try on as different company's (ccm, Bauer, mission, nike, etc...) all have different fits.

For now I would wear thick socks. But I would trade them in for something that fits better ASAP.

Hmm, ya. That's not what I wanted to hear but I guess that's the only solution. Damn, I got such a good deal on them, now I'm gonna have to bite the bullet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad