HELP NEEDED!! What broadcast!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhillyNucksFan

Dec 27, 2002
Philadelphia
HELP NEEDED!! What broadcast center for world cup!?

I am in Philadelphia area, and I want to watch Canada vs Finland..

and I dont see ESPN showing it tonight..

anyone know what channel it is on!?!? IF it is on at all.. i dont mind paying for the game!!

If non philly-area, what broadcasting network is showing it?
pay per view? center ice or something??

have 7 hours or so till game time!

EDIT: found on ESPN2.. but just making sure its ESPN2.. :P :P

Go Canada!

Augustus

Dec 2, 2003
Roma in my soul.
Visit site
It is of course on eSPN2, unless they cut away for a critical hand in the world series of poker, or to watch Barry Bonds take four balls for another walk.

I swore never to watch ESPN again, but of course will have to make an exception for tonight's game.

Q: How fast after game is over will they cut away? Will we see the award ceremonies?

High flyin' Habs*

exiled in Florida said:
It is of course on eSPN2, unless they cut away for a critical hand in the world series of poker, or to watch Barry Bonds take four balls for another walk.

I swore never to watch ESPN again, but of course will have to make an exception for tonight's game.

Q: How fast after game is over will they cut away? Will we see the award ceremonies?

Naaa, America want poker, espn show poker!!!! :shakehead

(lone)Yashinfan#79

as of now, it will air on espn2, but you never know, the entertainment and sports programming network may need to cut away for a WNBA game.

--

-WC broadcasting moment-

[after a non-call, the Swedish fans let out a litany of whistles/catcalls]

play-by-play:
"the fans here whistling their collective disapproval... that's what they do in European hockey circles, there's no boo's here.."

Neil Smith:
"that's 'BOOS,' B-O-O-S, not 'Booze.."

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
exiled in Florida said:

They're actually showing the WSOP on the mothership, while the WCOH is on the deuce.

Giants don't play until late tonight.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
Gotta love the CBC for hockey, we've had every single game in this tournament.
However when hockey is not on, the channel just sucks arse.

PhillyNucksFan

Dec 27, 2002
Philadelphia
bahh..............

If there are any alternatives, I would definitely NOT watch ANY hockey on ESPN AT ALL........

they just suck at pbp IMO, and I only watched a few local games, damn, they suk.
They spent time chatting more than doing play by play and they cant even call the name right!

PS. not a Bond fan, so who cares if he hit 1000 HRs, the guy still a xxx~ :(

PhillyNucksFan

Dec 27, 2002
Philadelphia
Sotnos said:
It's on ESPN2, and the stuff after it is all recap shows, so hopefully they'll show the whole game this time. :shakehead

What do you mean!?

"whole game"?

Did they show half of the game or soemthing?

*I missed ALL of the world cup so far.. and watched 2 periods of the Can vs Czeh game only due to work.

@#$*#

Not gonna miss it this time!

:jump:

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
For some reason, in certain cable markets they switched to a college football game after the third and didn't show OT. Seems kinda stupid to do in the Tampa area when we had four players involved, three of whom starred on a Cup winning team and one of whom is a returning fan favorite, but there ya go.

What really ticked me off is...they didn't even do an overnight replay, but they were replaying the football game later. They could have shown the rest of the hockey game and anyone crying over missing the start of Alabama-Mississippi (or whatever crap, non-Florida teams they were) could have watched it at 3 AM. All I've seen is fuzzy online replays of Vinny's goal.

ESPN is better than nothing, but I'm still ticked about this. It was just a dumb, dumb programming decision.

PhillyNucksFan

Dec 27, 2002
Philadelphia
Sotnos said:
For some reason, in certain cable markets they switched to a college football game after the third and didn't show OT. Seems kinda stupid to do in the Tampa area when we had four players involved, three of whom starred on a Cup winning team and one of whom is a returning fan favorite, but there ya go.

What really ticked me off is...they didn't even do an overnight replay, but they were replaying the football game later. They could have shown the rest of the hockey game and anyone crying over missing the start of Alabama-Mississippi (or whatever crap, non-Florida teams they were) could have watched it at 3 AM. All I've seen is fuzzy online replays of Vinny's goal.

ESPN is better than nothing, but I'm still ticked about this. It was just a dumb, dumb programming decision.

I know what you mean.

I'm not a NCAA anything fan.. NCAA bball or football or anything, but the decision to take NCAA anything over international competition is kinda stupid, but then again, US is out..... so i guess.... local ppl dont give a xxx on xx country vs xx country.. :joker:

7pm!!

SkateLikeTheWind

Jun 16, 2004
Denver, CO
PhillyNucksFan said:
I know what you mean.

I'm not a NCAA anything fan.. NCAA bball or football or anything, but the decision to take NCAA anything over international competition is kinda stupid, but then again, US is out..... so i guess.... local ppl dont give a xxx on xx country vs xx country.. :joker:

7pm!!

I agree with you, but unfortunantly the majority of people in this country are the opposite of us. As long as there are more NCAA fans than hockey fans, ESPN will cater to those people, because ESPN is a business, and businesses are designed to make money. They arent going to lose money and please the minority, else they would go out of business asap.

Im just thankful that in buffalo we get CBC. :bow:

Emerald City Bruin

I-90 W for 2500mi
Aug 3, 2004
Seattle,WA
Teezax said:

CFL! Curling! 5 Pin Bowling!

That should say whenever sports is not on, the channel sucks. :)

chicpea*

Teezax said:
I understand your point, but surely you forget Nature of Things, the National, Marketplace, 22 minutes, Kids in the Hall, Degrassi, Coronation Street (oh, and Paul Martin just wished the boys luck on live cbc) and many more.:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad