OT: Help needed contacting Oilers to attend cancer bake sale

OILFAN #81

Apr 14, 2006
San Jose, California
Hey everyone,

I am a diehard Oilers fan and I live in California after having lived in Edmonton from 2001-2008. My best friend lives in Edmonton and her mom was diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer and is undergoing evasive chemotherapy. Her toddler son has been in and out of the Stollery's hospital since he was born. They are going through some very rough times right now. Her sister/sister's best friend and daughter are all shaving their heads at the Hair Masscure next week to raise money for Stollery's, Ronald McDonald House and Make a Wish Foundation. My best friend is having a bake sale @ her work in Edmonton for 5 hours on the 13th. They have raised over 6,500 already but it would mean the world to them if someone from the Oilers (player, staff, etc) could stop by for even a few minutes to show their support. It would brighten up their lives to be quite honest and show support to them for everything they are dealing with.

My question is, is there a best person to contact (direct email, etc) to ask if this is at all possible. I realize they are all very busy and have tons of charity events to do, etc but like I said it would mean the world to the family if someone could attend the bake sale on the 13th (anyone from the organization) @ her work office for even a few minutes. Thanks for taking the time to read this and any help you have would be appreciated.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Contact their community relations people. Go to the Oilers website and click contact us at the bottom of the page. There will be a form to fill out, click that you want it sent to the Oilers Community Foundation. They will usually get back to you within a few days. I've worked with them before, they are good people.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Definitely the Oilers Community Foundation, don't waste your time going anywhere else. They are the facilitators of this sort of thing.

OILFAN #81

Apr 14, 2006
San Jose, California
Thanks for the helpful responses guys. Very much appreciated. You are good people. This would mean the world to them. I will try contacting the community foundation.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Is the bake sale located at her place of work, or is it in a public place where people can stop in?

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I have a friend who works in the Oilers office. PM me if I can be of help. She is not a community-relations person but knows everyone.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
I can't give you any better information then what Others have already said.
But I do want to wish you and your friend the best of luck :)

OILFAN #81

Apr 14, 2006
San Jose, California
Thanks everyone for the messages and support on here and through PM. Has meant so much.

Moneyguy, I sent you a PM. Thanks so much. This would mean the world to them and is for a great cause!

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Best of luck to your friends mom and brother in overcoming their health issues. They'll be in my prayers tonight.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
OF#81, PM received and email sent to my friend. I expect to hear back today, with some response. It may be only that she has passed it along to Community Relations. This date is in February, correct? PM me the contact info so that I can pass it along if this works out. God bless; this is a tough thing.

OILFAN #81

Apr 14, 2006
San Jose, California
OF#81, PM received and email sent to my friend. I expect to hear back today, with some response. It may be only that she has passed it along to Community Relations. This date is in February, correct? PM me the contact info so that I can pass it along if this works out. God bless; this is a tough thing.

Thanks. I sent you a PM with info. Very much appreciated!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad