Help me find a comfortable elbow pad

tawheed

Oct 4, 2010
Edmonton
Hey all,

Been using my Jofa 6500 elbow pads for a while now, I had a different set before and didn't find them very comfortable at all. These ones have been okay but I find myself constantly adjusting my right elbow bad, multiple times a shift.. I want a pair that I can just throw on and forget about. I'm just playing rec so I'm more concerned about comfort and mobility vs all out protection..

I tried on Bauer X-20, X-30, X-40, X-60, Easton S19, ST.

Any advice / feedback will be appreciated..

Thanks

Pic for ref:

p1016587reg.jpg

Last edited:

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Try a high end CCM elbow (like the fit 09), they seem to stay in place well, especially if you have an undershirt with grip print.

tawheed

Oct 4, 2010
Edmonton
Try a high end CCM elbow (like the fit 09), they seem to stay in place well, especially if you have an undershirt with grip print.

I'm starting to wonder if it's the undershirt that's the problem.. I've only ever worn these under my gear.. Good ol' stanfields pro hockey

stanfields-hockey-shirt-lg.jpg

Thepandamancan

Jun 6, 2010
I'm starting to wonder if it's the undershirt that's the problem.. I've only ever worn these under my gear.. Good ol' stanfields pro hockey

stanfields-hockey-shirt-lg.jpg

It depends...I've found that if I wear a looser shirt, the sleeves tend to bunch up under the pad and that can cause slippage. When I wear a more compression style shirt, it doesn't seem to happen. At the end of the day, if you're wearing a pad that fits and it's on tight, it shouldn't slip.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
We can't really recommend one for YOU, because comfort might be different for everyone. best bet is to keep trying on different pads to see what you like best

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad