Help me buy a new car

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
:laugh: Outstanding car. I have one myself. 2013 Si, in fact.

View attachment 362818

That's my baby. Had it now for almost three months. Love it.
News for nobody: getting new shoes for the car and a new exhaust.

motegir_mr141_g_pdpfull.jpg

Gonna be rocking those babies. Looking forward to it. I *always* say I'm going to put money into my car and mod it, but I never actually do. Well, this time I said f*** it. Gonna finally do it.

*edit* Whoops, meant to put this in a different thread. D'oh.

Last edited:

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
News for nobody: getting new shoes for the car and a new exhaust.

motegir_mr141_g_pdpfull.jpg

Gonna be rocking those babies. Looking forward to it. I *always* say I'm going to put money into my car and mod it, but I never actually do. Well, this time I said f*** it. Gonna finally do it.

*edit* Whoops, meant to put this in a different thread. D'oh.
You'll love cleaning those...not. Odd choice

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
They have to be gold?
Post your car. But wouldn't something like this be a bit more tame?

fuel beast - Google Search

I've had these
It's the white Civic Si on the last page. And the rims I really wanted were these:

ENKEI92 | Enkei Wheels

But they don't fit my car. There's nothing in the 17x7.5 size, and that's an old design that just won't work with the size of modern brake calipers. Also thought of the BBS wheels:

Wheel Details - Road Wheels - BBS USA

...but I need rims that I can use year-round, so that rules out rims with the chromed lip like those. Also I'm not paying BBS prices. I'm going to put dedicated snow tires on the stock rims I have now and swap them over for the two-odd weeks it gets below freezing in Vancouver every year.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
It's the white Civic Si on the last page. And the rims I really wanted were these:

ENKEI92 | Enkei Wheels

But they don't fit my car. There's nothing in the 17x7.5 size, and that's an old design that just won't work with the size of modern brake calipers. Also thought of the BBS wheels:

Wheel Details - Road Wheels - BBS USA

...but I need rims that I can use year-round, so that rules out rims with the chromed lip like those. Also I'm not paying BBS prices. I'm going to put dedicated snow tires on the stock rims I have now and swap them over for the two-odd weeks it gets below freezing in Vancouver every year.
I get puting the snows on the stock rims. Makes sense. But whats with the gold obsession? Seems tacky and just asking to get lifted

Maybe add a new thread just for your rim choice?

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I get puting the snows on the stock rims. Makes sense. But whats with the gold obsession? Seems tacky and just asking to get lifted

Maybe add a new thread just for your rim choice?
I just like the white/gold combo.

DCSw-3KWsAA6Q2N.jpg

What's not to like?

*edit* And if anyone wants to mail me a cheque to buy different rims than the ones I picked out, just drop me a PM and I'll send you the contact information. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dubi Doo

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
@ProstheticConscience

Disclaimer, I really don't like little tiny Hondas, or the camber jobs.

HOWEVER, I love the white and gold there. It all pops. I'm not gonna say I'm now a believer and yay JDM for life, but that's a sharp looking car

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
@ProstheticConscience

Disclaimer, I really don't like little tiny Hondas, or the camber jobs.

HOWEVER, I love the white and gold there. It all pops. I'm not gonna say I'm now a believer and yay JDM for life, but that's a sharp looking car
The above pic isn't my car, I just posted it to show what the colour combo would look like.

I'm not doing any wheel camber mods or lowering it...certainly not for the foreseeable future. Kinda blew my car mod budget on the rims and exhaust. ;) *Maybe* next year I'll look into a set of coilovers. That's about all the modding I plan to do to it. It has to be my daily driver, so I don't want to go too crazy with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: TD Charlie

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The above pic isn't my car, I just posted it to show what the colour combo would look like.

I'm not doing any wheel camber mods or lowering it...certainly not for the foreseeable future. Kinda blew my car mod budget on the rims and exhaust. ;) *Maybe* next year I'll look into a set of coilovers. That's about all the modding I plan to do to it. It has to be my daily driver, so I don't want to go too crazy with it.
All those camber mods do is ruin tires and driving performance anyway.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
All those camber mods do is ruin tires and driving performance anyway.
It's a trend that just looks so f***ing stupid. I have no idea why people pay money for that.

10m9cyvh6ng11.jpg

Yeah, cool car, bro!

The only worse mods I can think of off the top of my head are pickup trucks with pencil-thin lo pros or those giant hula hoop-looking wheels. It's like driving a rolling billboard that says: I HAVE TERRIBLE TASTE AND I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE.

Reactions: sigma six and TaLoN

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I just like the white/gold combo.

DCSw-3KWsAA6Q2N.jpg

What's not to like?

*edit* And if anyone wants to mail me a cheque to buy different rims than the ones I picked out, just drop me a PM and I'll send you the contact information. ;)
Civics are sharp cars. Unfortunately, all my savings will be going toward buying a house from here on out, so everything will be stock.

Any ideas on how to combat rust without having to pay a monthly fee at a car wash?

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Civics are sharp cars. Unfortunately, all my savings will be going toward buying a house from here on out, so everything will be stock.

Any ideas on how to combat rust without having to pay a monthly fee at a car wash?
Get a good undercarriage wash. Wait a day. Get the undercarriage and oil treatment/spray. They'll also pull the plugs on your rocker panels and spray in there too.

Also there are these anti rust gizmos you can buy that hook up to your battery. Google is your friend here

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Make sure you get it waxed in the spring, then again in the fall.

Car washes aren't as important in the summer, but if you live in a northern region, getting a wash weekly is essential. That salt wreaks havoc.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Most cars these days have pretty good undercarriage rustproofing right out of the factory IIRC. We're a long way from the good ol' Dodge Dart days.

my 69 had next to no rockers at all lol. All crunchy filler that was coming apart. Both fenders, rear quarters, entirely filler. Most of it was done very well but still, that shit only lasts so long

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
my 69 had next to no rockers at all lol. All crunchy filler that was coming apart. Both fenders, rear quarters, entirely filler. Most of it was done very well but still, that shit only lasts so long
It's funny how much times have changed. How many people born 1990+ have any idea what "Bondo Bucket" means? Even beneath tape decks or CD changers on the geologic time scale of automotive evolution...

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It's funny how much times have changed. How many people born 1990+ have any idea what "Bondo Bucket" means? Even beneath tape decks or CD changers on the geologic time scale of automotive evolution...

It's funny because that stuff, and the copycat versions of body filler, still serve a great purpose if used correctly. The problem is that it was laid on so thick by backyard mechanics 40 years ago that it never fully cured. When it's done right it should last just as long as the panel itself, but nobody ever just filled a small hole...they created whole panels!

The guy I sold my Barracuda to claims he is gonna sandblast it to see what's left, and replace panels. I can't wait to see pics if he actually does it because I wanna see how little car is actually left.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Hell all!

I am in the search of a new vehicle. Sadly, my 2008 Elantra that lugged me through college has seen better days; it's time to move on. My budget is 12K w/ a 6K down payment. I am looking for a newer model vehicle with less than 60k miles. I have a test drive scheduled for two vehicles:

- A 2015 Buick Verano priced @ $12,500. Only 42K miles, and comes from a certified dealer.
2015 Buick Verano 4dr Sdn w/1SD for sale Rochester, NY - 1G4PP5SK1F4112812

- A 2016 Chevrolet Trax priced @ $11,999. It has 60K miles, and comes from the same dealership.
2016 Chevrolet Trax FWD 4dr LS for sale Rochester, NY - 3GNCJKSB7GL260162

Does anyone have any info on these vehicles? The Blue book says the Trax is a pretty good deal coming from a certified dealer, but the Buick is a bit over priced. I <3 Buicks, so I may be willing to go a bit over fair value if the car is right. Also, it'd be greatly appreciated if anyone had any other vehicles that are a bang for the buck in my price range.

Thanks!
Get a Honda or a Toyota

You'll thank me later

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad