Help Me Build Team Atlantic Canada

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
A few comments first:

1. This "team" is simply about having some fun and measuring this regions growing contribution to the NHL. It's not intended to start a "Manitoba would kick your ass" thread or any garbage like that. The thread is to get views and opinions and for us to get educated on the current and future state of the game in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Prince Edward Island. Am I missing anyone in terms of players, coaches or management?

2. Both Sean Couturier and Drake Batherson (*) have been included because their formative years were spent here training and playing. Sean was born in Phoenix and Drake in Ft. Wayne. Both Dad's played professional hockey and were born in Canada - Drake's in Quebec and Sean's in North Sydney, NS. Both are graduates of the Atlantic Hockey Group. Welcome - Atlantic Hockey Group

3. HRM is Halifax Regional Municipality - no need for my friends in Cole Harbour and Hammonds Plains to get bent out of shape.

4. The entire Atlantic region has a population of 2.5 million or roughly the same as the metro Vancouver to help put the population base into perspective.

The following team is just a spitball attempt at forming one.

There a lot of holes but is very solid down the middle. I could not find much in the way of goalies. I had to rush Barron and McIsaac in order to fill out the defense. Coaching is another strength. The team has to be completed with he farm and any obvious omissions I missed. Next player rushed would likely be Dawson Mercer to complete the second line RW slot and I like what I saw from Morgan Barron and Highmore in limited viewings this season. We need goalies, goalie coach and more D that are NHL ready or closer.

LW - Brad Marchand (HRM) C - Sidney Crosby (HRM) RW - Drake Batherson * (New Minas, NS)
LW - Alex Killorn (HRM) C- Nathan MacKinnon (HRM)
C - Sean Couturier * (Bathurst, NB)
C - Alex Newhook (St. John’s, NFLD)

D - Ryan Graves (Yarmouth, NS) D - Phil Myers (Moncton, NB)
D - Justin Barron (HRM) D - Noah Dobson (Summerside, PEI)
D - Jared McIsaac (Truro, NS)

G - Jake Allen (Fredericton, NB)
Farm

Zach McEwen – C (Stratford, PEI) (34 games with Canucks)
Ross Johnston – LW (Charlottetown, PEI) (12 games with NYI)
Clark Bishop – C (St. John’s, NFLD) (13 games with Senators)
Matthew Highmore – C/LW (HRM) (18 games with Canucks)
Liam O’Brien – LW (HRM) (12 games with Avalanche)
Morgan Barron – C (HRM) (5 games with NYR)
Shane Bowers – C (HRM) (AHL Colorado Eagles)
Logan Shaw - C (Glace Bay, NS) (AHL – Captain with Belleville Senators)
Josh Currie – RW (Charlottetown) (1 game with Penguins)
Noah Laaouan – D (HRM) overage undrafted - winner of QMJHL Kevin Lowe award – Best Defenseman
Lukas Cormier – D (Sainte-Marie-de-Kent, NB) (QMJHL – VGK)
Jordan Spence – D (Cornwall, PEI) (QMJHL - LA)

GM – Don Sweeney (St. Stephen, NB)
Assistant GM - Bobby Smith (Sydney, NS) - contract offer
Coach – Gerard Gallant (Summerside, PEI)
Assistant Coach – Rick Bowness (Moncton, NB)
Assistant Coach - Brad Richards (Murray Harbour, PEI) - contract offer
President – Al MacInnis (Port Hood, NS)

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Sokolov played with Batherson in the Q looks to be a good bet to be a player pretty soon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->