Nail Yakupov
Mikhail Grigorenko
Ryan Murray
Alex Galyenchuk
Martin Frk
Matia Marcantuoni
Nick Ebert

Whoever drafts Yakupov is going to hit gold, just like penguins did with Crosby

Electrifying player that is willing to go into the dirty areas to get the job done

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
top 5 as long as he has a good 2nd season.

Yakupov though is on another level. Is there any dispute he is going #1 next year?

Mikhail Grigorenko sounds like a worthy challenger if what I've read about him on this forum is to be trusted.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB

Yakupov though is on another level. Is there any dispute he is going #1 next year?

I think he will be challenged by Grigorenko and Murray. While no teams go out of there way to draft by need, if they deserately need a d-man, a centre, or a winger, it could give one of them an edge over the others.

That being said, Grigorenko will have a Russian factor attached to him, regardless of what happens from now till the draft. He has stated in the past that his main goal is to make the KHL and that the NHL is "nothing to worry about" right now. He could slip maybe to the 3-5 range simply because of that alone.

Yakupov will probably be viewed similar to Burmistrov, simply because he doesn't have contracts in place in Russia, has been playing in North America, has elite skills, and seems to have the dream of playing in the NHL as his top priority.

Interviews and such could play a factor as well if there is a perceived risk with a player.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com

IMO, I think Alex Galchenyuk could be the 1st overall pick next year. He's got the size, the snipe and the ability to crash the net. 31 goals and 83 pts for a rookie is amazing. Yes, Yakupov got more, but it's just that I like Galchenyuk more. Either way, both are great and should go top 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad