Help finding detective psycological movie

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Need help finding a movie that I vaguely recall and it was good but cannot find it via constant googling! I recall the plot being like this:

A couple detectives investigate a homicide of a young female. One detective is an old veteran and very wise. His younger partner is somewhat new but very smart and the older detective doesn't have to teach him much. Upon examining the crime scene the movie eventually reveals that the younger officer had a one-night stand with the female (can't recall if it was more than 1 nighter) and accidentally murdered her, but then suffered some type of amnesia so he woke up and returned to his job as a police officer and had no recollection of the crime he just committed.

The officers were UK/Aus - can't recall which accent - and they used purple nitrile gloves when inspecting the crime scene. I believe the timeframe was 2000 - 2010, no later. I swear it was linked on IMDB from "Following" or "Memento" but I cannot find it now. Any ideas?

Below is a list of movie suggestions that I've reviewed and confirmed it is not what I'm seeking.

Bone Collector
Identity (and no one should be watching John Cusack movies!)
Insomnia
Memento
Primal Fear

Last edited:

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Hmmm. Doesn't ring any bells. Now if you excuse me I have to get to my job as a homicide cop. G'day mate.

Seriously though, I thought you were describing Momento.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Memento and Following are both from Chris Nolan and I'm certain I found it from following the suggested movies from IMDB, just not sure how far I had to search...like if it was a direct recommendation or it was a recommendation from a recommendation of a recommendation...

I'm going to start pasting movies in my OP that I know it was not.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Wow, spoiler alert. I thought you were just asking for recommendations. Now if we ever find out what this movie is it'll be ruined for me

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
What if this movie doesn't exist and you just dreamt the whole thing? Then when you woke up you thought it was real?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad