OT: The thread formerly known as Mousecop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
I am not much of a gamer and haven't bought a new game in probably a year or two, but this Red Dead Redemption 2 game has me pretty temped. Looks amazing lol. Anyone have it?
I don't personally, but it is all that like 3 or 4 if my crew members talk about. And talk about how awesome it is.

Reactions: 1972

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I don't personally, but it is all that like 3 or 4 if my crew members talk about. And talk about how awesome it is.

I've heard so many people say that, and not just hardcore gamers too. I've been a bit stressed lately so I think a video game might help me a bit lol.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Hello, I don't know where to post this but it is a question to the mods/web designer

Any chance links can be posted like they are in facebook and twitter where the headline and picture is available without clicking on the link? I think this would be a major upgrade and positive for the website.

I don't really like clicking on people's links without knowing what it really is and a posted preview would be great.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I am not much of a gamer and haven't bought a new game in probably a year or two, but this Red Dead Redemption 2 game has me pretty temped. Looks amazing lol. Anyone have it?

It's pretty amazing. You actually get emotionally attached to characters (even your horse). Graphically it's a beautiful game, and enough content to spend 100+ hours and still find new things to do.

Reactions: Chainshot

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
It's pretty amazing. You actually get emotionally attached to characters (even your horse). Graphically it's a beautiful game, and enough content to spend 100+ hours and still find new things to do.
Sounds like real life...which I prefer.

I've played less video games cumulative in my life than my stepson plays in an average day.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Sounds like real life...which I prefer.

I've played less video games cumulative in my life than my stepson plays in an average day.

It’s based in the late 1800s so it’s not like real life. I’m not a gamer, but once in awhile it’s nice to just get wrapped up in a game. For me it’s something to kinda take my focus for a bit.

Reactions: brian_griffin

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
It’s based in the late 1800s so it’s not like real life. I’m not a gamer, but once in awhile it’s nice to just get wrapped up in a game. For me it’s something to kinda take my focus for a bit.

I'm the same way. I'm not a big gamer. Hell, i have the PS3 still. But Santa splurged and bought the PS4 for christmas so i'm looking forward to that. But a few games i've played to "unwind" with are Paradise City and Skyrim. It sounds like Red Dead Redemption 2 is right up my alley. I played the first one and i liked it. I especially like the "100 hours" of game play. I don't like games that i can finish in 5-7 days. Give me a game that takes me months and months lol.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I'm the same way. I'm not a big gamer. Hell, i have the PS3 still. But Santa splurged and bought the PS4 for christmas so i'm looking forward to that. But a few games i've played to "unwind" with are Paradise City and Skyrim. It sounds like Red Dead Redemption 2 is right up my alley. I played the first one and i liked it. I especially like the "100 hours" of game play. I don't like games that i can finish in 5-7 days. Give me a game that takes me months and months lol.

The only games I really like are the ones you can just do whatever you want and waste time. Grand Theft Auto was always my favourite, in excited for this one.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I hear you. I used to spend the earlier part of my career on the factory floor with the machinery: fixing, improving, developing. Now 90% my "hands-on" work is on a keyboard.

I NEED an hour or so a few times a week in my workshop or garage. Fixing, building, planning, even cleaning up / throwing stuff out.

I think I posted my brother gave/sold me the 1964 1/2 Mustang coupe he bought ca. 2010 and started to restore but his health will prevent him from finishing. Essentially zero progress on that, so far... :(

House projects will wait until warmer weather / daylight in 2019.

Or shooting pool (previous homeowners left their table). Or playing chess.

I set the Christmas train up during the Lightning game, but will take it down tonight during the Leafs game, because it's on the ping-ping MDF cover for the pool table, and I decided I want the ping-pong and pool available for the holidays more than the train.

Holidays will also bring Lego building.

A couple beers with any of those activities helps, too.

Of course, I really need to work on preparing our wills, health care proxies, advance directives, power of attorneys, transfer-on-death agreements, confirming / updating beneficiaries, and then there's college planning, retirement planning, and debt payoff planning.

Had my first (and hopefully only) colonoscopy yesterday.
Shit's getting real. Glad to put that behind me. Happy it was all good in the end. Puns intended.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crazy Tasty

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I bought the Axis and Allies board game a few years ago - the one with the board of hexagonal tiles - as both my son and step-son like history and have an interest, and I wanted to have something to spend time with them, which you could pick up and put down as you go, but I fear they lack the patience to learn the lengthy rules to play it. I'll try again this Christmas and see...

Reactions: ZZamboni

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'm actually interested as to how he achieved this. The system is designed to require you to hold onto the wheel and will harass you to touch the wheel every 60 seconds or so if you stop holding the wheel. So you can go hands free to grab a drink or stretch for a bit, but still need to be paying attention. My guess is he used a defeat device (basically something that tricks the steering wheel into thinking you are holding on). I think GM's version of autopilot is a cheap trick (basically, they work based on a map rather than reading road lines), but, their eye tracking tech to make sure you are paying attention is way better than Telsa's annoying you into compliance IMHO.

A Sleeping Tesla Driver Highlights Autopilot's Biggest Flaw

The good thing is that there are software updates that can be pushed out rather quickly to help address this issue.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
A Sleeping Tesla Driver Highlights Autopilot's Biggest Flaw

The good thing is that there are software updates that can be pushed out rather quickly to help address this issue.

I'm rather shocked how far behind the other automakers are with Over the air updates. My wife has a 2016 Mazda and we have to take it in even to get Infotainment updated. My Model 3 has gotten 3-4 more major updates this year that have improved the UI, braking system, auto pilot and even climate control.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'm rather shocked how far behind the other automakers are with Over the air updates. My wife has a 2016 Mazda and we have to take it in even to get Infotainment updated. My Model 3 has gotten 3-4 more major updates this year that have improved the UI, braking system, auto pilot and even climate control.

It isn't that shocking that long standing companies are slower to move when it comes to newer technology and standards.

There are lots of things that I could see car companies using new technology to improve their vehicles and the car ownership experience.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Well... the hardest semester of my return to school is almost complete. I have three projects, two tests, and a project defense to go through and then I'm done with it. Only one more to go.

My cohort are pretty cool people and I'm going to miss seeing them in the next couple of weeks. There are already a bunch of misty-eyed goodbyes for those who finish this semester and won't be back.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
Also in terms of games, if you like it hard, frustrating and want one of the best fighting mechanics, you gotta give Dark Souls 1-3 a try.

Praise the sun

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey
Also in terms of games, if you like it hard, frustrating and want one of the best fighting mechanics, you gotta give Dark Souls 1-3 a try.

Praise the sun
I got about half way through Dark Souls 3 before I grew tired of dying. so. many. times.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
I got about half way through Dark Souls 3 before I grew tired of dying. so. many. times.
Haha, yeah. I died more times than I did in all other games combined.

But still, killing a stupid silver knight or any endboss after the 20ths time, feels amazing.

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey
Haha, yeah. I died more times than I did in all other games combined.

But still, killing a stupid silver knight or any endboss after the 20ths time, feels amazing.
I need to pick that back up and play some more... maybe over Xmas break.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Installations for my roommates new floor have been going on, so sleep has been deprived.

Might be going on a date with a girl from town tomorrow, if shes feeling better (currently has the flu). Hopefully it goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->