OT: The thread formerly known as Mousecop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
1. Why would you want it and not a near-equivalent / same model & year?
2. What kind of accidents? I’d be most concerned about the frame and then the fit of any door seals / trunk seals.
It’s about $3,000 cheaper than its near equivalent. Actually it advertised having another upgraded package that I found out today it doesn’t have. If it had that upgrade I probably would have bought it and saved about $4,000 to its equivalent.

Accidents appeared to be minor and all fixed to the point where I couldn’t tell in performance or look. They didn’t give me enough on my trade in so I’m still looking but may go back for it.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I caved and bought another 55" on Black Friday, since I desperately wanted to convert my office into an office/game room. The living room is in shambles since I had to pluck a lot of furniture out of it to make this happen... but I'm the only one here nowadays anyways so wgaf. I'm absolutely thrilled with my little room to work/game/read/listen to the radio. I'll get back to the living room when other shopping seasons come around.

Note to self: Don't try to move a 90-pound television stand with a 55" attached by yourself again. :ha: I did so successfully but I wasn't too happy about the process.

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Just got a non knock off Goats Head replica used for $50 on EBay. Always wanted one of them because they were worn when I first became a fan in 1997 so there is a sentimental value.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I caved and bought another 55" on Black Friday, since I desperately wanted to convert my office into an office/game room. The living room is in shambles since I had to pluck a lot of furniture out of it to make this happen... but I'm the only one here nowadays anyways so wgaf. I'm absolutely thrilled with my little room to work/game/read/listen to the radio. I'll get back to the living room when other shopping seasons come around.

Note to self: Don't try to move a 90-pound television stand with a 55" attached by yourself again. :ha: I did so successfully but I wasn't too happy about the process.

I get to visit the wall-mounted 55” that I put up by myself last year every other week. When I left today, the kids were watching clips of bands playing at Live Aid on YouTube on it.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Keeping watch on a '96 (50th Anniversary) Fender American Standard Stratocaster. Played a borrowed Strat for an extended time period back when I was a young rocker (versus the old rocker that I am now.... -- more like ready for actual rocking chair.... lol). Really nice sound and very playable neck/fretboard. Unfortunately, I need an amp for my acoustics more.

But dang it, that Strat keeps calling my name!!

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
So we have hit "selling plasma while waiting for scholarships to post" stage. Yep.

At this rate I might be right along with you. Paid off my credit card that had been carrying a balance for a few months on, wife and MIL go shopping for the twins and the balance shot right back up. Two of everything is $$$

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
It’s about $3,000 cheaper than its near equivalent. Actually it advertised having another upgraded package that I found out today it doesn’t have. If it had that upgrade I probably would have bought it and saved about $4,000 to its equivalent.

Accidents appeared to be minor and all fixed to the point where I couldn’t tell in performance or look. They didn’t give me enough on my trade in so I’m still looking but may go back for it.
One of my favorite car youtubers on salvaged vehicles:

Reactions: Digable5

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006

I have a 55 inch with a NES/SNES/N64/GameCune/Wii U/ Switch/Genesis/Dreamcast/Saturn/XBox/Ouja/PS1/PS4...best ever!

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
At this rate I might be right along with you. Paid off my credit card that had been carrying a balance for a few months on, wife and MIL go shopping for the twins and the balance shot right back up. Two of everything is $$$

I wish I was kidding.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Keeping watch on a '96 (50th Anniversary) Fender American Standard Stratocaster. Played a borrowed Strat for an extended time period back when I was a young rocker (versus the old rocker that I am now.... -- more like ready for actual rocking chair.... lol). Really nice sound and very playable neck/fretboard. Unfortunately, I need an amp for my acoustics more.

But dang it, that Strat keeps calling my name!!

Bought the amp instead. Got a great price on an Acoustic 40W RMS dual channel.

Strat's still out there ....... whispering....."i could be yours"....." won't you love me...." :laugh:

Reactions: Chainshot

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
These both came in the mail the last two days:
20181126_123307.jpg
20181127_124127.jpg

Thanks eBay!!!

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Getting rushed to the hospital with breathing problems from work wasn't exactly what I wanted today but here we are.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Anyone ever have an ACL repaired?

I had my ACL and Meniscus repaired about five years ago. I've had some issues in the past with stiffness in it, but the last few days have been brutal. It even hurts to touch. I suspect it may be arthritis, but I'm not even sure about that.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada

I had my ACL and Meniscus repaired about five years ago. I've had some issues in the past with stiffness in it, but the last few days have been brutal. It even hurts to touch. I suspect it may be arthritis, but I'm not even sure about that.

Did you injure it again or just wake up with soreness?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

If it hurts to the touch, it may be worth a trip to the doctor.

What kind of ACL repair did you have? If you got a transplant ligament, you could have some down the line rejection issue. Certainly nothing to mess with.

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY
I was lucky enough to be able to go to the Metallica concert last month. I juuuuuust remembered that I could have a free download of the live show by entering my ticket stub.

So, here we are. Re-living one of the best concerts I've been to (I haven't been to many).

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
So, my work laptop had a bad case of bluescreenitis yesterday morning.

I get a new one with Windows 10 this morning. My old one had Windows 7.

I'm excited.

Then I can't logon to the corporate wifi. What the...

After sitting through a meeting trying everything I can think of, I ask a co-worker for help.

She's looking over my shoulder as a log in. She says that I forgot the N in the domain name part of my username.

I was like "that's weird" and go back and the N won't go in.

Yeah, it turns out that the new laptop's embedded keyboard has non-functioning B. N, and Space Bar keys....

:thumbd:

At least I have a USB keyboard at my work area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad